Author Topic: TAR 18 EP 12 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida)>>THIS IS FOR FLORIDA  (Read 141105 times)

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
Thanks Prophet  :waves:

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
Something that I remembered, and can't get out of my head, is how Kisha/Jen got U-Turned in their original season because Tammy/Victor couldn't outrun them (in that one infamous China leg's Pit Stop footrace)......and the GTs got beat in a footrace in their original season by Sam/Dan (to a Pit Stop).

Plus, it's hilarious how the preview that states "photo finish" gave away something completely huge....which was mentioned already in either in this thread or somewhere else.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:11:40 PM by florida »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
In the first promo, at the end the globetrotters said "We're in a hurry for one million dollars". But in fact, it's an edit as you will notice the cut at "We're in a hurry" and "for one million dollars".

I think that is an editing trick for drama's sake. It's a common tactic to cut like that sometimes. I don't think the audio is spliced in from another scene but I guess it could be.

Something that I remembered, and can't get out of my head, is how Kisha/Jen got U-Turned in their original season because Tammy/Victor couldn't outrun them (in that one infamous China leg's Pit Stop footrace)......and the GTs got beat in a footrace in their original season by Sam/Dan (to a Pit Stop).

Plus, it's hilarious how the preview that states "photo finish" gave away something completely huge....which was mentioned already in this thread.

It would be interesting if somehow the trotters got beat in a long distance run because they are not used to that sort of thing. The sisters are in good shape.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member

Plus, it's hilarious how the preview that states "photo finish" gave away something completely huge....which was mentioned already in either in this thread or somewhere else.

What was the "something completely huge"?  I'm lost... :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
We did have a cap when Eric and Jeremy won that TOTALLY gave the winner away....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
We did have a cap when Eric and Jeremy won that TOTALLY gave the winner away....

Eric and Jeremy didn't win. ??? And season 11 was spoiled so you mean BJ and Tyler?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
SOMEBODY Was spoiled! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Your statement about the Globetrotters finishing on the losing end of a footrace to Sam and Dan in AR15 has caused me to look it up in what I have written about Episode 4 finishing at Wat Phnom. That was the only episode in AR15 in which those teams finished #1/#2.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Along those lines, Phil made an interesting unprovoked comment about these two teams in his TvGuide interview:

With Kisha and Jen, Jen is probably the fittest person left, even fitter than the Globetrotters, I think...
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25250.msg611226.html#msg611226

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
So a mild version of a memory challenge will be part of the final leg if we believe Phil. I want to speculate on which teams are in better position to win because of that:

Nate/Herb - based on the "Franz" episode in Prague in AR15, I can't imagine them doing well on a decent memory challenge
Kisha/Jen - they are university graduates; they might be good at this
Gary/Mallory - Gary could be exceptional at this; I cannot imagine that Mallory would be focused enough
Zev/Justin - they also might be good at this

My conclusion is that there is no clearcut team that would have a distinct edge, but I think Gary is the individual who would do best.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 10:41:19 AM by apskip »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
So a mild version of a memory challenge will be part of the final leg. I want to speculate on which teams are in better position to win because of that:

Nate/Herb - based on the "Franz" episode in Prague in AR15, I can't imagine them doing well on a decent memory challenge
Gary/Mallory - Gary could be exceptional at this; I cannot imagine that Mallory would be focused enough

My conclusion is that there is no clearcut team that would have a distinct edge, but I think Gary is the individual who would do best.

I actually agree with you on that. Another person which i think might do well would be Justin. He's really calm and level-headed most of the time.

That is if they make it till the end. :lol:

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
I speculate the Zev & Justin will be eliminated in Rio.
and That Kisha & Jenn win the race ( I Hope) Another All Female Team Winner!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :)
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
O m g. I just realized there's no FF this season? Did they completely remove it? :duno:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
O m g. I just realized there's no FF this season? Did they completely remove it? :duno:
The whole theme of this season was making it hard and difficult
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I know... but it's a game element... FF can be hard too!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

:lol3: :funny:

You're quite the entertainer Joab. :lol:

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
So a mild version of a memory challenge will be part of the final leg. I want to speculate on which teams are in better position to win because of that:

My conclusion is that there is no clearcut team that would have a distinct edge, but I think Gary is the individual who
would do best.

After the Rio Roadblock all the teams will be even in the Roadblock tasks.

Herb would do better at the memory than Nate
Jen might do better than Kisha at the memory
Gary could possibly be better but I think Mallory, although she seems a little ditzy, is pretty smart and focused as well.
Justin would most definitely do better at this than Zev.

I hope that Nate does the final RB because I want them slowed down... Do not want them to win!  :knuckles:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
The final mental task may or may not be a roadblock. They have certainly done both. What I wonder is, if the final task is a roadblock what other task will they have to perform as there is probably not a detour in Florida.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
The final mental task may or may not be a roadblock. They have certainly done both. What I wonder is, if the final task is a roadblock what other task will they have to perform as there is probably not a detour in Florida.

Phil indicated that there will be lot's of water... on the water, in the water, under the water or was that the overall season he was referring to ???

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
i bet the finale is going to be suuuuper cool. and a photo finish? that would make history! i think the closest finish was Chris & Alex beating Tara & Will by 20 seconds (estimate) :ascared
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Hmmmm... I hear no memory task at all.

And the RB   MAY be a "build a trailer" task!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
i bet the finale is going to be suuuuper cool. and a photo finish? that would make history! i think the closest finish was Chris & Alex beating Tara & Will by 20 seconds (estimate) :ascared
themikko95,

You are correct about AR2 finish being the closest in Amazing Race history; I heard about 10 seconds, but no need to quibble on that. What was interesting in retrospect is that World Race Productions designed the "run to the Finish Line" much shorter for all subsequent races. AR18 may break that trend by having a very long run down that causeway to the Finish Line.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
Hmmmm... I hear no memory task at all.

And the RB   MAY be a "build a trailer" task!!

Here is snippet from Phil's interview with TV Guide:

I assume there will be a memory challenge in the last leg.
Keoghan: Yes. We always like to put in challenges that require teams to have to think, for sure. This one is not as blatant as other seasons we have done, where we've really made it a "take yourselves back and remember when you did this, that and the other." We just tried to mix it up a little bit, but they definitely have to think. And the other tasks — you'll see them on top of the water, in the water, under the water, next to the water. There's a lot of water involved. ... [Kisha and Jen don't swim], and that might come into play. I don't know if you can just get over that. I think the challenges test the teams equally.

Note:
But this doesn't mean they don't build a trailer too!  That is possible.

Offline stageman96

• RFF Newbie
Peach, would you say we have enough info to figure out the winner??

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
This was the most telling phrase for me, I don't think he is disagreeing with peach.  :lol:

Keoghan: Yes. We always like to put in challenges that require teams to have to think, for sure. This one is not as blatant as other seasons we have done, where we've really made it a "take yourselves back and remember when you did this, that and the other."

I read that as not a "put things in order from the season" like TAR 9 or 12 or 13 or 14, etc. but more like TAR 5 or 11 or something we haven't seen.

Do you mean a modular home peach? There are plenty of those on Key Largo.