Author Topic: TAR 18 EP 12 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida)>>THIS IS FOR FLORIDA  (Read 141076 times)

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
For the record, the lettering on that truck is "PREFEITURA" (Portuguese for prefecture).  It appears to be a municipal vehicle.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
For the record, the lettering on that truck is "PREFEITURA" (Portuguese for prefecture).  It appears to be a municipal vehicle.

Thanks!  :tup:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I think airing a decoy team in the promo would not only be a first but quite devious and unnecessary. CBS has not been even close to being that guarded with their videos this year. It would be odd to see them go to such lengths, imo.

I personally still find it the most telling, beyond all these other subtleties, that Zev and Justin are the only team that is not shown past the Rio pitstop.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
I think airing a decoy team in the promo would not only be a first but quite devious and unnecessary. CBS has not been even close to being that guarded with their videos this year. It would be odd to see them go to such lengths, imo.

I personally still find it the most telling, beyond all these other subtleties, that Zev and Justin are the only team that is not shown past the Rio pitstop.

So we are comfortable in thinking that the braided & scarfed Mallory is AFTER the Rio PS?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
I can't recall that I have ever seen any thing like that on the Race but the possibility cannot be dismissed. (Though putting on a headscarf after one has been hot all day is a bit strange.)
Not here to beat a dead horse, but Aaron & Arianne?

Also, I think it could be highly likely that CBS would show decoys in the preview.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
I have been watching the promo over and over. The weirdest thing I found that was in Miami, Jen and Kisha were not carrying anything on them. No backpacks or fannypacks at all... I wonder where they keep their clues with them and I think it is a amazing race rule to have the "race fannypack" with them at all times in the race.
From this, I wonder if they could be the decoys of this final leg of the race.
Just my 2 cents.

Sometimes teams put their fanny packs in their Backpacks and it's possible they left their backpacks in the Taxi or they dropped them to the ground to read their clues or run faster...

Going back to this idea - I think speedrace does have a point. It's possible that Kisha/Jen dropped their fanny packs or something but it doesn't seem likely. Teams are usually very, very careful about keeping their fanny packs with them because of passports. Like in Japan, when Ron and Christina freaked out because Christina's fanny pack was missing. I don't think teams would risk losing their fanny pack if the taxi driver drove off or something.

As for the fanny pack being in their backpack and then they dropped their backpack - that seems possible, but it seems a little unlikely that both caps of them would show them without any fanny pack/backpack. Like the Globetrotters, in both screencaps, you can see that they don't have their backpacks but they've still kept their fanny packs with them.

Unless we've had any confirmation that Kisha/Jen are in the Final 3, I think it's possible they could be that last eliminated decoy team  :duno:

I think Jen is wearing her fanny pack purse-like in the 1st pic - you can just make out the strap.  In the 2nd pic it looks like they got wet from at least the  waist down - I would think she took the fanny pack off to keep it dry.  :duno:

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
I have been watching the promo over and over. The weirdest thing I found that was in Miami, Jen and Kisha were not carrying anything on them. No backpacks or fannypacks at all... I wonder where they keep their clues with them and I think it is a amazing race rule to have the "race fannypack" with them at all times in the race.
From this, I wonder if they could be the decoys of this final leg of the race.
Just my 2 cents.

Sometimes teams put their fanny packs in their Backpacks and it's possible they left their backpacks in the Taxi or they dropped them to the ground to read their clues or run faster...

Going back to this idea - I think speedrace does have a point. It's possible that Kisha/Jen dropped their fanny packs or something but it doesn't seem likely. Teams are usually very, very careful about keeping their fanny packs with them because of passports. Like in Japan, when Ron and Christina freaked out because Christina's fanny pack was missing. I don't think teams would risk losing their fanny pack if the taxi driver drove off or something.

As for the fanny pack being in their backpack and then they dropped their backpack - that seems possible, but it seems a little unlikely that both caps of them would show them without any fanny pack/backpack. Like the Globetrotters, in both screencaps, you can see that they don't have their backpacks but they've still kept their fanny packs with them.

Unless we've had any confirmation that Kisha/Jen are in the Final 3, I think it's possible they could be that last eliminated decoy team  :duno:

I think Jen is wearing her fanny pack purse-like in the 1st pic - you can just make out the strap.  In the 2nd pic it looks like they got wet from at least the  waist down - I would think she took the fanny pack off to keep it dry.  :duno:

I see it now. Thanks caper!  :hearts:

Still seems weird that CBS would more or less give away the final elimination if it's Zev/Justin, but I'm definitely seeing the evidence.

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
In CBS' defense, I think most people just watch the promos instead of analyze them.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
Still seems weird that CBS would more or less give away the final elimination if it's Zev/Justin, but I'm definitely seeing the evidence.

To the average viewer. nothing is given away.  They see a preview with all 4 teams.  It's only the spoiler seekers and detectives that realize they are seen in Rio but not Miami.  That's why they showed them on the beach.  Most people will assume a beach in Miami.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Very true, in fact a majority of TAR viewers probably never seek out all that web content. I have friends and family who are "normal TAR viewers," from the content that they have seen they don't even know that teams go to Rio. It doesn't show that in the episode preview which is as far into the future as many go. The members on here are probably most of the people in the world that are interested in that kind of in depth content.
I just wonder sometimes because CBS knows we exist, maybe they drop us some hints on purpose. We are their superfans after all and the detecting makes the experience more enjoyable, for me at least.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
OMG! I just realized that Jen has the magical magnetic bracelet that helps you keep your balance!
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline AmazingRace n00b

• RFF Not So Newbie
OMG! I just realized that Jen has the magical magnetic bracelet that helps you keep your balance!
haha I noticed that too.  At first glance I thought she was wearing two watches but then I realized what it really was. :lol:

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
Very true, in fact a majority of TAR viewers probably never seek out all that web content. I have friends and family who are "normal TAR viewers," from the content that they have seen they don't even know that teams go to Rio. It doesn't show that in the episode preview which is as far into the future as many go. The members on here are probably most of the people in the world that are interested in that kind of in depth content.
I just wonder sometimes because CBS knows we exist, maybe they drop us some hints on purpose. We are their superfans after all and the detecting makes the experience more enjoyable, for me at least.

Yeah, I realize that most people don't pick up on everything in previews. But I guess something still seems off for me after watching the promos - like the promo actually says "The coolest place on the planet, Miami beach!" before flashing to a scene of the Globetrotters in Miami and then Kisha and Jen in Miami. Then they switch to a different topic as they show Gary and Mallory in Brazil. It seems weird that they would literally go "Miami beach!" -flash to teams in Miami- I mean you can't get more obvious than that!

Or maybe it's all reverse psychology  :lol: And of course I love the detecting too! It makes the season more fun  :hearts:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:21:53 PM by connayyy »

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member

Yeah, I realize that most people don't pick up on everything in previews. But I guess something still seems off for me after watching the promos - like the promo actually says "The coolest place on the planet, Miami beach!" before flashing to a scene of the Globetrotters in Miami and then Kisha and Jen in Miami. Then they switch to a different topic as they show Gary and Mallory in Brazil. It seems weird that they would literally go "Miami beach!" -flash to teams in Miami- I mean you can't get more obvious than that!

Or maybe it's all reverse psychology  :lol: And of course I love the detecting too! It makes the season more fun  :hearts:

I know the majority of reality fans out there don't like to be spoiled.  I could read spoilers all day and still watch the show to see it play out.  The spoilers are what make the show for me.  That's why I don't get why those awesome TAR detectives just don't spill it to those who really want to know, like me! LMAO  :hearts:

Offline myesha

• RFF Newbie
I've been trying to figure out who this is since the promo came out. I wonder why the only good shot we get from a boat is the globetrotters? It's possible that the third place team is never shown on a boat if they are transporting teams to the finish line.

I would definitely say the team is Jen/Kisha shown in the boat. (IMO)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
:welcome: to RFF, myesha!

Offline missdesire

• RFF Newbie
PROMO 1 CAPS (??Florida??)

Hello!!! I'm a newbie here and I am a TRUE TAR fan!!!
I would really like the GT or KJ to win this. I've always like both of those teams. Now by the promo that is being shown on CBS and when they say that it will be a photo finish to the finish line, they kind of gave it away. When they say that it means to me that both the GT and KJ are the fastest team on the race when it comes to running so both of them could be racing to the pit stop. JMO

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
For all you fans who believe that CBS "Gives things away" about the ending, even if it is only minute clues that great detectives could detect, I say that I have a Bridge located in Brooklyn to sell you! CBS is a master of the artful dodge and misleading promos to make you think you know what will happen. On most legs, that may actually be true, but never on the final leg. Please notice that the very few at RFF who may know what went down take extra care to not reveal anything about the ending because in AR11 when that strategy was not followed the results were catastrophic.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Please notice that the very few at RFF who may know what went down take extra care to not reveal anything about the ending because in AR11 when that strategy was not followed the results were catastrophic.

Well said apskip!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
Could someone briefly tell me, or send me a PM, what happened regarding TAR 11?  I wasn't a memeber here until after that season.  Thanks  :duno:

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
For all you fans who believe that CBS "Gives things away" about the ending, even if it is only minute clues that great detectives could detect, I say that I have a Bridge located in Brooklyn to sell you! CBS is a master of the artful dodge and misleading promos to make you think you know what will happen. On most legs, that may actually be true, but never on the final leg. Please notice that the very few at RFF who may know what went down take extra care to not reveal anything about the ending because in AR11 when that strategy was not followed the results were catastrophic.

What happened?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
An exact boot list for TAR 11 surfaced and was revealed here on RFF. This made watching the season boring.
I can understand why such information is withheld from us this year. It makes watching the show more enjoyable. :tup:

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
An exact boot list for TAR 11 surfaced and was revealed here on RFF. This made watching the season boring.
I can understand why such information is withheld from us this year. It makes watching the show more enjoyable. :tup:

Thanks Prophet...

See, I am the opposite.  I like the picking apart the promo's and stuff but I also like to know what is what.  That makes it more enjoyable for me.  I would prefer to know at least the F3 in a season because then I can get behind those teams and cheer them on and be happy with the outcome rather than getting behind a team who is out in the 5th or 6th or even 10th leg...  Knowing the winner would even triple the pleasure of watching for me.  :lol3:

Offline speedrace

• RFF Not So Newbie
In the first promo, at the end the globetrotters said "We're in a hurry for one million dollars". But in fact, it's an edit as you will notice the cut at "We're in a hurry" and "for one million dollars".