Author Topic: TAR 18 EP 12 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida)>>THIS IS FOR FLORIDA  (Read 141093 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Thinking outside the box, they could have changed clothes after getting waxed

Which assumes either that the waxing task comes after the Detour or no other team changed clothes following the waxing task.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
The Pit Stop for the Rio leg is the Museum of Contemporary Art in Niteroi

This is where we see Gary & Mallory   :jam:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
So the big question is, is that the Pitstart for leg 12 or did they completely reassemble themselves en route to the Pitstop for leg 11?

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
it looks like they are heading from the pitstop and starting a new leg.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
it looks like they are heading from the pitstop and starting a new leg.

That's what I would put my money on.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Here is the place Gary & Mallory are running in Street view:

It is as if they are running to the Museum   :duno:

It's also possible they had started at Ilha da Boa Viagem which has a foot bridge that reaches the mainland at their present location.

View Larger Map
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:26:19 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
The lettering on this truck... PH_____URA ?  This is the truck that was in the background of the picture Mallory in braids, scarf and tank blouse... EDIT... But's neither here nor there since there were a couple post while I was posting this that confirms they were in Brazil. LOL  :tup:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:14:08 PM by Lucybell »

Offline nash

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Philippians 4:13
Is it possible to tell based on the shadows of Gary and Mallory what time that picture is taken?  That would seem to confirm if it's running to the pitstop or from the pitstop...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Besides the whole clothes issue. I wonder why they would stop their taxi back there somewhere and get out there. They have a good portion of running to do to get to the museum and surely the driver knows where it is. :duno:

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Besides the whole clothes issue. I wonder why they would stop their taxi back there somewhere and get out there. They have a good portion of running to do to get to the museum and surely the driver knows where it is. :duno:

Well production may throw in another one of those "by foot" rules if they are close enough. It's also probable that they took a tram which would have to drop them off at the nearest stop.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Here's another comparison of how they change in appearance:

I used to think this was the cab to the Pitstop perhaps it is the cab to the detour:

They are wet, red-faced, with mussed hair.

Here we have completely different outfits, rebraided hair and a head scarf:

It's very confusing  :umn:

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member

Well production may throw in another one of those "by foot" rules if they are close enough. It's also probable that they took a tram which would have to drop them off at the nearest stop.

or maybe they have to get up the block or around it to catch a taxi?

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member

I used to think this was the cab to the Pitstop perhaps it is the cab to the detour:

I think that taxi pic with Mallory clutching a clue is on the way to the PS.  She was so over the moon excited!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster

It actually makes perfect sense... the green/pink outfits are wet, so they might as well change after the waxing while they can. Also, Mallory is a beauty queen, surely she can re-braid her hair during a cab ride. And if you notice, Mallory just switched her top while the black undershirt and pants are the same
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
It actually makes perfect sense... the green/pink outfits are wet, so they might as well change after the waxing while they can. Also, Mallory is a beauty queen, surely she can re-braid her hair during a cab ride. And if you notice, Mallory just switched her top while the black undershirt and pants are the same

Gary and Mallory are competitive people who are not likely to change clothes mid-Race just because they got a little dirty.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Gary and Mallory are competitive people who are not likely to change clothes mid-Race just because they got a little dirty.
they just needed to change their shirts, wouldn't take more than 1 or two minutes and can be done in a cab
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I can't recall that I have ever seen any thing like that on the Race but the possibility cannot be dismissed. (Though putting on a headscarf after one has been hot all day is a bit strange.)

Isn't it interesting now that we know that the trotters and the sisters make it to the F3 and one of the others doesn't.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
wait the sister and gobal trooter made final 3

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
Picture Gary & Mallory on the way to the PS in BRAZIL

Picture of Gary and Mallory, the next day, leaving the PS in BRAZIL on their way to FLORIDA

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
This shot was taken between 8:12 and 8:52 am (assumes December 12th)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
This shot was taken between 8:12 and 8:52 am (assumes December 12th)

:hearts: 

I :ihrtu the Shadowman!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Wait a minute, if they leave Pitstart at 8AM why to they get on a flight to Miami that departs at 11:30 PM? Production requirements?

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
Wait a minute, if they leave Pitstart at 8AM why to they get on a flight to Miami that departs at 11:30 PM? Production requirements?

I copied this from the Transportation primary options forum...didn't want to quote the entire (long) post...

leg 12 12/12 It appears that teams get to Sao Paulo airport by late evening on 12/12. Why this is the case is totally unclear, since there are several good flights from Rio (GIG) to Miami:

JJ8056 2208 0352+1
AA904 2225 0348+1

From Sao Paulo (GRU), here are the flights:
AA906 2352 0509+1
JJ8090 0005 (12/13) 0539
AA930 0336 0936 (departed and arrived 90 minutes late)
AA198 1043 1526 (major delay due to reported problems with pilots; teams were switched to AA930)

Would they have specified that flight for production reasons?  So they had time to get the other 8 teams and Phil back first?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Thanks! It looks like they will have a long rest.  :lol: They may get irritated at that.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
I have been watching the promo over and over. The weirdest thing I found that was in Miami, Jen and Kisha were not carrying anything on them. No backpacks or fannypacks at all... I wonder where they keep their clues with them and I think it is a amazing race rule to have the "race fannypack" with them at all times in the race.
From this, I wonder if they could be the decoys of this final leg of the race.
Just my 2 cents.

Sometimes teams put their fanny packs in their Backpacks and it's possible they left their backpacks in the Taxi or they dropped them to the ground to read their clues or run faster...

Going back to this idea - I think speedrace does have a point. It's possible that Kisha/Jen dropped their fanny packs or something but it doesn't seem likely. Teams are usually very, very careful about keeping their fanny packs with them because of passports. Like in Japan, when Ron and Christina freaked out because Christina's fanny pack was missing. I don't think teams would risk losing their fanny pack if the taxi driver drove off or something.

As for the fanny pack being in their backpack and then they dropped their backpack - that seems possible, but it seems a little unlikely that both caps of them would show them without any fanny pack/backpack. Like the Globetrotters, in both screencaps, you can see that they don't have their backpacks but they've still kept their fanny packs with them.

Unless we've had any confirmation that Kisha/Jen are in the Final 3, I think it's possible they could be that last eliminated decoy team  :duno: