Author Topic: TAR 18 EP 12 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida)>>THIS IS FOR FLORIDA  (Read 141068 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

And also, is the boat FT and BE are riding in in the Florida Keys?
I don't think so because why would the give away that the Globetrotters are in the Final 3?

WHo knows? But that boat is definitely in the Keys, not only that, but if you read the threads ;) you will see the location of that shot has been identified.

Florida's find:  Compare this preview shot to this GE image of the same location (taken about two weeks later!)

I can't wit until we get a GE satellite image that show actual Race action going down  :lol3:

I'm going to bet that they are taking the boats from Big Pine to the finish line on Pigeon Key. I'm not sure why they would be at the Marathon Marina.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
I have been watching the promo over and over. The weirdest thing I found that was in Miami, Jen and Kisha were not carrying anything on them. No backpacks or fannypacks at all... I wonder where they keep their clues with them and I think it is a amazing race rule to have the "race fannypack" with them at all times in the race.
From this, I wonder if they could be the decoys of this final leg of the race.
Just my 2 cents.

Sometimes teams put their fanny packs in their Backpacks and it's possible they left their backpacks in the Taxi or they dropped them to the ground to read their clues or run faster...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 07:43:43 AM by Lucybell »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I've been trying to figure out who this is since the promo came out. I wonder why the only good shot we get from a boat is the globetrotters? It's possible that the third place team is never shown on a boat if they are transporting teams to the finish line.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Okay, back to spoilers please.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
I've been trying to figure out who this is since the promo came out. I wonder why the only good shot we get from a boat is the globetrotters? It's possible that the third place team is never shown on a boat if they are transporting teams to the finish line.

My guess is that they are a couple of the eliminated teams plus the driver getting a ride to the finish line.  It might also be camera crews or might simply be tourists...  :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks Lucybell for pulling us back on target.

AGAIN...this thread is for discussion of the FLORIDA leg...not who you would like to win.

You may discuss that here instead, okay?
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,24308.0.html

And we still have this if you just want to bitch, moan, or squeal!
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23809.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
I cropped this a little bit to see if we could make anything out...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I cropped this a little bit to see if we could make anything out...

OR??

And the pants are blue in the pic...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern

And also, is the boat FT and BE are riding in in the Florida Keys?
I don't think so because why would the give away that the Globetrotters are in the Final 3?

WHo knows? But that boat is definitely in the Keys, not only that, but if you read the threads ;) you will see the location of that shot has been identified.

Florida's find:  Compare this preview shot to this GE image of the same location (taken about two weeks later!)

I can't wit until we get a GE satellite image that show actual Race action going down  :lol3:

I'm going to bet that they are taking the boats from Big Pine to the finish line on Pigeon Key. I'm not sure why they would be at the Marathon Marina.

Marathon is within spitting distance from Pigeon Key (2.9 miles  :lol:).  I bet they have to travel on foot to the finish line:   :wohoo:

View Larger Map
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
New 10 sec "Photo Finish" clip

MUCH better quality caps!

We need to know where G/M are...and K/J in the mangroves??

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Because of the swirly pavement, #7 is still in Rio.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Gary and Mallory are in Florida because of the clothes. That water behind them is either a lake or more likely a bay or inlet because you can see the other side with buildings. She is holding a RI clue so they have already been to at least the first cluebox, unless that is the Pitstart clue and they are looking for the marina.

Do we know that teams drive to Big Pine? Maybe they take the boats there from the Marathon Marina.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
There are a couple of places on Avenida Atlantica that have gas pumps in the median. Here's one of them; if you spin the camera around you can see a couple of kiosks similar to the mixing task (a few sets of those kiosks as well). With any luck we should be able to find the exact spot.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I was just going to say it looks like they are in Brazil  :groan:

The Plate on that truck looks Brazilian  :tup:  Just based on the ratio of width to height.  It does not look like USA.

I haven't been checking clothes.  What is the match?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Gary and Mallory are in Florida because of the clothes. That water behind them is either a lake or more likely a bay or inlet because you can see the other side with buildings. She is holding a RI clue so they have already been to at least the first cluebox, unless that is the Pitstart clue and they are looking for the marina.

Do we know that teams drive to Big Pine? Maybe they take the boats there from the Marathon Marina.

The boats definitely leave Big Pine Key and definitely arrive at Marathon.  If they have to go back again I suppose is possible  :duno:  but why would they do that?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I agree about the truck but Gary wore green Tshirt and Mallory with a pink top in all Brazil caps, like this one:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Or it got dirty and she took off the pink. Can't ASS-U-ME.

New 10 sec promo HD up in post 2!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster

I haven't been checking clothes.  What is the match?

The clothes don't match Chateau
In Brazil Mallory wears a pink blouse (caipirinha detour, tram, taxi)  and Gary wears a Khaki/green blouse. So this has to be Miami.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

So Gary also changed his shirt and she put on a light blue scarf on her head? And redid her hair into two braids?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:41:03 PM by Prophet »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Vehicles with Florida registrations do not have front end license plates and all Florida plates (other than vanity plates for causes and colleges) have an outline of the state in the plate design.
If all the vehicles appear to have front plates, then the location is most likely not Florida. However, if the location is tourist oriented or where part-time winter residents live, then the out-of-state licensed vehicle may have plates on the front bumper.

Second suggestion that the island, inlet shoreline, if it is not Brazil could be Fisher Island a mostly manmade island southwest of Miami Beach proper, and just offshore of the mainland Miami shoreline. There's be a lot of highrise construction as well off of Brickell Avenue into downtown, and in downtown Miami proper.

However, I'm doubtful that we're seeing South Beach (the southern end of Miami Beach) in any of this, although it's possible the camera angle, if filmed from Fisher Island, could be including South Beach in the background. There is a water passage (Government Cut) that lies between Miami Beach and Fisher Island which is a passageway to the Port of Miami. The Port of Miami is also a man made island that lies just offshore from Miami, and connected by a causeway/expressway that runs to Miami Beach.

It's hard for me to judge more specifically since it's been a few years since I've been in downtown Miami.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
However, if the location is tourist oriented or where part-time winter residents live, then the out-of-state licensed vehicle may have plates on the front bumper.

= all of Florida :lol3:

Perhaps this is directly after the Brazilian Pitstart?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
After discussion, Florida, Chateau, and I do NOT think that this is likely to be the Marina Stadium after all.....our guess is more Big Pine or Marathon.

Teams only go to Marina Stadium after the airport then head towards the Keys. We will not see tasks in South Beach or the City.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster

So Gary also changed his shirt and she put on a light blue scarf on her head? And redid her hair into two braids?
Thinking outside the box, they could have changed clothes after getting waxed
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Is this the order as it is understand right now?

Arrive Miami airport
Taxi to Marina for RI clue
Taxi to Key Largo for RB
Something in Marathon
Final task on Big Pine
Boat to Marathon
Run to finish line