Author Topic: TAR 18 EP 12 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida)>>THIS IS FOR FLORIDA  (Read 141062 times)

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
graytex, on your FT/BE pic it looks like a match but your post doesn't say where that location is.

The post did say that it was Miami Airport.

It looks like a match to me too, plus we've speculated that they're in the Final 3 so it makes sense.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
The picture I posted is from the Miami Airport exit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This is the thread for the Finale Florida discussion. Let's stay on topic please.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
PROMO 1 one up in post 2.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
I agree that it's looking more and more like the trotters are going to win based on what's been said already, and it now makes a lot more sense to me why kent and vyxsin sounded so bitter about them in their post-boot interviews, referring to them as big cowards and bullies. If they didn't end up winning the race, they probably wouldn't be so bothered by them this long after it took place cause it wouldn't have mattered in the end. However, if they went on to win the race, that would make perfect sense why they would be harboring this much resentment towards them.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I do find it odd that there seem to be more good reasons for them to win than anyone else. People keep coming up with arguments for this point that make a lot of sense. I think that result would shock a large portion of the TAR viewership though.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Yeah.  I just wonder who flew in first since they weren't sited with the other teams on that flight.  The promos for the Brazil part would sort of make me think that they finished first that leg and somehow got an earlier flight.  But something about the second promo makes me think they flew in later.   :(

There is no evidence that the final three teams were on different flights.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I want to confirm Peach's identification of Miami Marine Stadium in the one cap from the promos.

I've been inside that stadium in my lifetime; you can see it's a overhang for the sitting area of the stadium. I'm trying to figure out the promo during Survivor that said "Miami Beach." If the final three teams made it to the eastern side of Biscayne Bay across from Miami proper, that will be a new piece of information.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Tobertz

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Go Yellow Team!
Win or lose, Gallory all the way!  :jam:
I wanna rip a TAR clue envelope someday, =)

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
Heee...I look at the waxing video and think...Kent would have rocked this task!!
:lol3:

And also, is the boat FT and BE are riding in in the Florida Keys?
I don't think so because why would the give away that the Globetrotters are in the Final 3?
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

I don't think so because why would the give away that the Globetrotters are in the Final 3?

WHo knows? But that boat is definitely in the Keys, not only that, but if you read the threads ;) you will see the location of that shot has been identified.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:47:55 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
Yeah, and the average viewer would most probably not know that the boat scene was in Florida or what anyways.

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
I was trying to say there is plenty of time to get clothes washed in Rio. I dont put much stock in the Miami airport photos. They are so heavily cropped/edited/censored, they are basically worthless. It it a pity that florida didnt send the complete photos to Peach, but beggars cant be choosers........right.

The cropping/editing/censoring is mine, Thank you very much. :lol:

Well it is one thing to censor your private info...........but then seems like a conflict of interest with being a Mod of this forum to censor members info............but that is just the way I think.

I just want to make it clear that both Peach and I agreed to crop the photos because we wanted to throw off who was decoy and who wasn't (see: the Ron/Christina & Jet picture, the Vyxsin picture, the cluebox picture). At that point, I, myself, didn't know where they placed in the race and to make it so obvious so early would not have been fun at all. Therefore, there is no conflict of interest on behalf of Peach. Also, the full pictures will be posted at a later date.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern

WHo knows? But that boat is definitely in the Keys, not only that, but if you read the threads ;) you will see the location of that shot has been identified.

Florida's find:  Compare this preview shot to this GE image of the same location (taken about two weeks later!)

I can't wit until we get a GE satellite image that show actual Race action going down  :lol3:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RECAP promo up in post 2! (This will be the actual first few minutes of the show.)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RECAP Promo caps! (only the new stuff)

And I vote we do most of the taxi discussion in the BRAZIL thread since that is where most of it is...and concentrate here on ID'ing all the FL locations.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline speedrace

• RFF Not So Newbie
I have been watching the promo over and over. The weirdest thing I found that was in Miami, Jen and Kisha were not carrying anything on them. No backpacks or fannypacks at all... I wonder where they keep their clues with them and I think it is a amazing race rule to have the "race fannypack" with them at all times in the race.

From this, I wonder if they could be the decoys of this final leg of the race.

Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:30:51 AM by speedrace »

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
RECAP Promo caps! (only the new stuff)

And I vote we do most of the taxi discussion in the BRAZIL thread since that is where most of it is...and concentrate here on ID'ing all the FL locations.

Caps 1-6 are in Marathon shot along US 1 (Overseas Highway) from Coco Plum Drive [the traffic signal intersection with the blue "Chevron" station sign in the lower left of Cap 1], south to about 6th St/Sadowski Causeway [access to Key Colony Beach]. The expanse of housing at the top left of each cap is Key Colony Beach. This whole area is heavily built up all the way down into Marathon proper and Knights Key (which gives access to Pigeon Key).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=marathon,+fl&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.646818,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Marathon,+Monroe,+Florida&ll=24.732907,-81.01534&spn=0.004424,0.009645&t=h&z=17

The building with the sea green roof is this....
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=marathon,+fl&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.646818,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Marathon,+Monroe,+Florida&ll=24.733857,-81.015646&spn=0.002212,0.004823&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=24.733898,-81.015538&panoid=LUHTuN1XC29jI51RMTdCTA&cbp=12,148.64,,0,5.81
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 03:01:30 AM by florida »

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
I have been watching the promo over and over. The weirdest thing I found that was in Miami, Jen and Kisha were not carrying anything on them. No backpacks or fannypacks at all... I wonder where they keep their clues with them and I think it is a amazing race rule to have the "race fannypack" with them at all times in the race.

Just my 2 cents.

They might have ditched their luggage in order to run faster. I believe someone else in the thread has mentioned this idea. I am clinging onto this because I want them to win!

Offline speedrace

• RFF Not So Newbie

Just my 2 cents.

They might have ditched their luggage in order to run faster. I believe someone else in the thread has mentioned this idea. I am clinging onto this because I want them to win!

I understand that losing their backpacks allows them to run faster. However, they are shown to be emptyhanded in the promo. I'm not sure about this but I think it is a rule to have all clues with them on the race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
PROMO 1 CAPS (??Florida??)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
PROMO 1 CAPS (??Florida??)

I'm gonna take a wild (and seemingly accurate??) guess and say this is here... http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=marathon,+FL&aq=&sll=24.64848,-81.327195&sspn=0.002214,0.004823&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Marathon,+Monroe,+Florida&ll=24.702896,-81.111736&spn=0.000553,0.001206&t=h&z=20

At the south end of the Marathon Marina and Boat Yard, off of 11th Street Ocean in Marathon. The white posts going off to the left, gas sign shadow with both a top and middle section, and shrubbery of Boot Key (behind the white building) match.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Great find!  :yess: So...they start at Big Pine and end at Marathon:duno:

laimis

What  photo finish means?

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
What  photo finish means?

In some types of races (e.g., the Kentucky Derby horse race that will be run on Saturday) they have cameras positioned at the finish line.  The cameras take a picture (or multiple pictures) as the first racer crosses the finish line.  If 2 or more teams are extremely close together, then the winner is often only seen on the photo made at the finish line.  Thus a very close finish is a photo finish.