Author Topic: TAR 18 EP 12 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida)>>THIS IS FOR FLORIDA  (Read 141094 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Roadblock clue...boats in the background.

Different clothes again...
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Gary and Mallory once again with different clothes.

I'm going to say Zev and Justin out at fourth. MY SPEC ONLY (but based on good evidence, lol)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:17:02 PM by Prophet »

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
I concur Prophet.  Just posted my thoughts in Brazil thread.  :)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Same clothes as Brazil...you can see the beach in the background. This must be the other Detour option.
(Great shot of Mallory) :lol:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:02:21 PM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Same clothes...no other shots of ZJ.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Different clothes again...

An easier way to look at this:

Miami airport:

Same clothes  :tup:

I do believe CBS just gave away the 4th place boot.

Offline AmazingRace n00b

• RFF Not So Newbie
But now we have the question Are Gary and Mallory ahead of K/J & F/B or behind them?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
But now we have the question Are Gary and Mallory ahead of K/J & F/B or behind them?

It looks like to me that all three pictures are of different parts of the leg, so it's hard to tell.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
RB in a boatyard? Since we know it takes place in Key Largo, could the boat ride be from there to Big Pine?

Offline AmazingRace n00b

• RFF Not So Newbie
It looks like to me that all three pictures are of different parts of the leg, so it's hard to tell.

Yeah.  I just wonder who flew in first since they weren't sited with the other teams on that flight.  The promos for the Brazil part would sort of make me think that they finished first that leg and somehow got an earlier flight.  But something about the second promo makes me think they flew in later.   :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

That pretty much looks like the Miami marina stadium from spoilers to me...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:34:17 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Yeah.  I just wonder who flew in first since they weren't sited with the other teams on that flight.  The promos for the Brazil part would sort of make me think that they finished first that leg and somehow got an earlier flight.  But something about the second promo makes me think they flew in later.   :(

Not seen =/= not present.

If all three teams were on the same flight, I'd assume Gary/Mallory would be last out of those three.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
RB in a boatyard? Since we know it takes place in Key Largo, could the boat ride be from there to Big Pine?

Maybe, but that would be one long boat ride.

I'm guessing Big Pine is the site of the final task since it is quite isolated and remote.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I have reposted our original finale info in post 3.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline nash

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Philippians 4:13
Pure speculation on my part, but it seems to me that a lot of signs are pointing to a Globetrotter victory...  

- Little mention in the past few episodes of no parent/child team ever winning (not a good sign for Gary/Mal).
- No mention of the possibility of two female/female winners in a row (not a good sign for Kisha/Jen)
- Zev/Justin appear to be out 4th
- Kisha/Jen have yet to win a leg
- Globetrotters have already won several legs
- Gary & Mallory not photographed at the airport with the other teams

I hope I'm wrong (with no cowboys left, I'm rooting for Gary & Mallory), but at this point I'm not holding out a lot of hope...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I agree with a lot of your points nash. (The last one is somewhat inaccurate)
I had never thought of some of that before but it makes a lot of sense. On the parent/child note I think every promo last year included a line about the first female team. This year they are not pushing anyone so much through editing. However, they have made an effort throughout the season to portray the trotters as nicer than last year. Maybe they are just being careful with the editing so that it is a real surprise no matter who wins.
I thought last season's final flopped a little because it was anticlimatic, they pretty much told us Nat and Kat were going to win and they were ahead the whole time.

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
Well, the promo did mention a "foot race" which would favor the Trotters.  It's a 2-mile run to Pidgeon Key, correct?

Offline nash

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Philippians 4:13
I think it says 'photo finish' instead of footrace...  So I guess that could mean a number of different things...  Also could refer to Brazil instead of Miami, I suppose...

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
NVM. I didn't read the entire thread.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern

Why are they in a boat? Could this be in Miami?

They have different clothes on than in Brazil:

Florida already nailed that boat location  :tup:  It's Big Pine Key
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
I believe this is the Miami Airport...and the Trotters sound awfully serious to be decoys (and they have money in hand):

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
Can anyone make out what it says on the truck behind Mallory and Gary?  Maybe that would help pinpoint the location.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

To quote from the AR18 Transportation Primary Options thread for Dec. 13 arriving Miami from Sao Paulo(why that is the case I still don;t know):

AA906 landed 0506 (too early for Amazing Race and there was no evidence teams were on it)
AA930 landed 0936 and expected to be the flight all F3 teams were on
AA198, the delayed flight and the only one that a team who did not make AA930 could have been on, arriving 8 hours later at 1526

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I was trying to say there is plenty of time to get clothes washed in Rio. I dont put much stock in the Miami airport photos. They are so heavily cropped/edited/censored, they are basically worthless. It it a pity that florida didnt send the complete photos to Peach, but beggars cant be choosers........right.

The cropping/editing/censoring is mine, Thank you very much. :lol:

Well it is one thing to censor your private info...........but then seems like a conflict of interest with being a Mod of this forum to censor members info............but that is just the way I think.

After thinking for a bit, I wouldnt put it past Producton to make them wear the same clothes for both episodes. They might have already known it would be a double episode back in Dec.

Cropping is totally warranted here.   :umn:   Because too much information too early can get us into too much trouble.  If you only knew what goes on behind the spoiler curtain.

:res: :lol3:   :waves:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
graytex, on your FT/BE pic it looks like a match but your post doesn't say where that location is.