Author Topic: TAR 18 EP 12 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida)>>THIS IS FOR FLORIDA  (Read 141067 times)

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie

On the right side of the picture, out the back car window, you can see a road sign.  It looks like a US Interstate sign.  That would mean Keisha & Jen are racing in Florida!

It's the same clothes they're wearing in Brazil...

Those are also the clothes they are wearing getting out of the airport in Miami. Notice the scarf Jennifer is wearing around her head.

I agree.  There was another Miami airport pic that showed Jen getting into a taxi with the scarf around her head.  I originally thought all of the taxi pics were in Brazil.  What if the taxi pics of 3 of the 4 teams are from Miami and the eliminated team from Brazil??

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

On the right side of the picture, out the back car window, you can see a road sign.  It looks like a US Interstate sign.  That would mean Keisha & Jen are racing in Florida!

As indicated in a separate post, that looks like a brown road sign. I have never seen that color on any Interstate sign in the U.S., but it is one of the two sign colors used in Brazil.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Rio Taxis.........

Look out Jen's window and what do you see?

Matthew 7:15

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
I still think it's possible that some of the taxi pics we have are from Florida, maybe not that particular one, but maybe one of the others.  Just a speculation on my part.  Obviously wrong, but I've never been to Brazil and have no idea what their taxis look like.  Thanks for so kindly pointing them out.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!

Based on this photo, it is possible that both the sisters and the Globetrotters made it to the final three. :duno:

I feel like BE and FT are walking while the sisters are running... Could this indicate anything?

Well, if FT & BE are walking while the sisters are running, this most likely means that FT & BE are the decoy team and the sisters made the Final 3!

Belle Book

Offline Arubato

• RFF Newbie
is it possible that the leg is one of those "keep on racing" legs (with an elimination at the end)? would that explain the clothes in the previews never changing?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
is it possible that the leg is one of those "keep on racing" legs (with an elimination at the end)? would that explain the clothes in the previews never changing?
Nope, it wouldn't really make sense to eliminate a team at the Finish Line
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Arubato

• RFF Newbie

i mean have the penultimate leg end with a "keep on racing" and eliminate the last team that arrives anyway (and the final three just keep racing)? pretty much the same thing that they always did with the final four, except theres no break.

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
I don't recall any US taxis having letters across the top of the rear window.....for starters ;)

Plus, there seems to be a faint, white structure in the background, behind Kisha's hair, which is possibly part of a bridge?? [If it is part of a bridge, then there are no bridges in South Florida that look like that....they're mostly flat spans and mostly high-rise].

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Seacamp+Association+Inc,+Big+Pine+Avenue,+Big+Pine+Key,+FL&aq=0&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.646818,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=Seacamp+Association+Inc,&hnear=Big+Pine+Ave,+Big+Pine+Key,+Florida+33043&ll=24.652634,-81.373554&spn=0.002092,0.004823&t=h&z=18

I'm no good at getting a screenshot of Google Maps, but comparison of this cap with the map link above should confirm this place. Note the blue roof, the dual inlets (second inlet in Cap 31 is at the top left), the two buildings with white roofs, the oval brown area in front of those two buildings, and the white, boardwalk-like dock jutting out on the right side of the Cap.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Pigeon+Key,+FL&aq=2&sll=24.652634,-81.373554&sspn=0.002092,0.004823&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Pigeon+Key&ll=24.704108,-81.155469&spn=0.000553,0.001206&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=24.704108,-81.155469&cbp=12,0,,0,0&photoid=fr-2904498357

This is looking down on the 'field' where the Bath Mat is located. The wavy palm tree is in view on Cap 44. Phil is looking SW, and the linked photo is looking SE.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:23:59 AM by florida »

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie

i mean have the penultimate leg end with a "keep on racing" and eliminate the last team that arrives anyway (and the final three just keep racing)? pretty much the same thing that they always did with the final four, except theres no break.

That would explain why Kisha/Jen were seen in Miami wearing the same/similar clothing.  Interesting theory.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Arrive Brazil comes before waxing.... :lol:

And no ZBC...no TBC

Somebody goofed.

4 go to RIO.

3 race for the finale.

Guaranteed.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City

That would explain why Kisha/Jen were seen in Miami wearing the same/similar clothing.  Interesting theory.

Teams raced in Rio on Dec 11. Arriving in Rio very rearly morning and leg was completed in afternoon. Remember this is HD season. They want to film as much as possible in daytime for cameras. Teams arrived in Miami on morning of Dec 13.  It is impossible to be a TBC or KRL. There is a normal Pit Stop on afternoon of the 11th with one team eliminated. If allowed by Production, there is plenty of time to get clothes washed before release from Pit Stop on Dec 12. I am not saying that happened, but there is plenty of time.

Also, if I was one of the final three teams, I would get rid of most of my stuff that I did not want in Rio. There will be plenty of people to give it to, right outside their hotel or in a trash can or even the maids in the hotel.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
Arrive Brazil comes before waxing.... :lol:

And no ZBC...no TBC

Somebody goofed.

4 go to RIO.

3 race for the finale.

Guaranteed.

I think I get what the poster was trying to say... there was a PS and an elimination in Brazil but instead of having the usual 12hr + lay over, the final three might continue immediately to leg 12, Florida and finish line...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Yeah, that would be interesting but the timing of the sightings probably means not. The trotters were seen in a hotel at midnight.
I didn't think everyone had seen peach's clues because they were in other threads.

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie

Teams raced in Rio on Dec 11. Arriving in Rio very rearly morning and leg was completed in afternoon. Remember this is HD season. They want to film as much as possible in daytime for cameras. Teams arrived in Miami on morning of Dec 13.  It is impossible to be a TBC or KRL. There is a normal Pit Stop on afternoon of the 11th with one team eliminated. If allowed by Production, there is plenty of time to get clothes washed before release from Pit Stop on Dec 12. I am not saying that happened, but there is plenty of time.

Also, if I was one of the final three teams, I would get rid of most of my stuff that I did not want in Rio. There will be plenty of people to give it to, right outside their hotel or in a trash can or even the maids in the hotel.

I think a lot of this confusion regarding the timing of the last 2 legs stems from Kisha/Jen seen in Miami wearing the same/similar clothing in Rio.  Since it appears a TBC leg is highly unlikely, maybe what they did (assuming they're F3) was ditch their bags in Rio and continue on in the same clothes.  Just speculation.  Don't shoot me.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
I was trying to say there is plenty of time to get clothes washed in Rio. I dont put much stock in the Miami airport photos. They are so heavily cropped/edited/censored, they are basically worthless. It it a pity that florida didnt send the complete photos to Peach, but beggars cant be choosers........right.

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
I was trying to say there is plenty of time to get clothes washed in Rio. I dont put much stock in the Miami airport photos. They are so heavily cropped/edited/censored, they are basically worthless. It it a pity that florida didnt send the complete photos to Peach, but beggars cant be choosers........right.

The cropping/editing/censoring is mine, Thank you very much. :lol:

Exactly :lol: There was reasoning behind it ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City

Well it is one thing to censor your private info...........but then seems like a conflict of interest with being a Mod of this forum to censor members info............but that is just the way I think.

After thinking for a bit, I wouldnt put it past Producton to make them wear the same clothes for both episodes. They might have already known it would be a double episode back in Dec.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
That's a good point DrRox, making them wear the same clothes would definitely make it easier for them in the promos and previews.

I bet the cameramen were censored out. That would make it too easy for us to determine the actual final participants. You also can't see stuff like who is standing next to who that might have helped determine who did not make it to the final back in January.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:22:46 PM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Promo! :hearts:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Why are they in a boat? Could this be in Miami?

They have different clothes on than in Brazil:

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
Well, Big Easy is wearing a different shirt than the one he had on in Rio....

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
some of the shots they have of teams racing for the 'photo finish' are from different legs huh?  Or is it my imagination... LOL

As far as the Trotter in a boat, if they were running decoy and were indeed the last eliminated team in Brazil, they might have taken a boat to the PS in Miami, but I will bet they are pretty far ahead of the other teams.  But then again, what if they are one of the final 3?  Hummmmmm