Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 11 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida) >>This is for BRAZIL  (Read 114868 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
...Gary and Mallory have ran a VERY lucky fortunate race.

In leg one they won the express pass

In leg 5, they would have gone home if they didn't have their express pass(dinasaur challenge)

In leg 9 they were spared from elimination(AND there was only one more NON-elimination left which EVERYONE! thought was going to be in the final four, but it turned out to be here in the final six)

I have two big quarrels with the above logic. We have no idea how Gary would have done on the dinosaur ROADBLOCK in China. MY guess based on how difficult it proved to be for Jaime is that Gary would have finished ahead of her had Gary and Mallory not elected to use their EXPRESS PASS.

Everyone did not think that the NEL leg had to be the 2nd to last leg, the one which typically cuts a field of 4 to a field of 3 teams. I thought it could have happened on any leg. The Vienna/Salzburg leg was certainly a good choice for it because there was a huge amount of self-driving that leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Back to Brazil, but they could have to SELL the drinks too? (pure spec)

And :welcome2:  ChuyNunez!!  Glad to have you!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Could this be the Beach bar Kiosk = Siri Mole Praia  :   http://www.sirimolepraia.com.br/

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I'm 99% sure you've come through again, caper! :hearts:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Looks good to me!! WOW again!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
This picture of Zev & Justin is definitely in Brazil.  Check out the sidewalk.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Waxing task clip!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:08:18 PM by Prophet »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Good call on Pellomenos.  :tup:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Here's a Season Recap with a few taxi shots at the end:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I sure there is a great meaning to the fact that the recap discusses the teams in the order of
Zev and Justin
Kisha and Jen
Gary and Mallory
Flight Time and Big Easy
And then shows them in taxis in exact reverse order of that.

:lol3:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:54:45 PM by Prophet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Promo 1 up in post 2.
RFF's Golden Rule:

auburnsuperfan97

Leg 11 has a U-turn

Afraid not.
Ok The Wiki page for TAR-18 has U turn around the number 11 for leg 11.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_18#Results
That indicates a u-turn was available but not used.... i know its doubtful but i doubt there was any u-turn...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Your avatar completely freaked me out, I thought DrRox had changed his name.  :lol:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Leg 11 has a U-turn

Afraid not.
Ok The Wiki page for TAR-18 has U turn around the number 11 for leg 11.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_18#Results
That indicates a u-turn was available but not used.... i know its doubtful but i doubt there was any u-turn...

Every season usually has only one or two u-turns...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Again...no U-Turn.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Heee...I look at the waxing video and think...Kent would have rocked this task!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

paldog123456

Heee...I look at the waxing video and think...Kent would have rocked this task!!
:lol3:

And also, is the boat FT and BE are riding in in the Florida Keys?

auburnsuperfan97

Leg 11 has a U-turn

Afraid not.
THANK YOU  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: we can finallly put that to rest

Every season usually has only one or two u-turns...
THANK

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
promo 2 waxing up in post 2.

NOT capping this one. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
posts relating to FLORIDA have been shipped over there!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
a couple of thoughts.  sorry if this is supposed to be in the florida thread. 

1. Caper, you are simply amazing.

2. in "preview 1", when the preview guy says miami beach, they show J/K, Gallory, and Z/J and then he changes the subject to photo finish which is where FT/BE show up again. 

Do we know if Ft/be are in brazil or florida when he says we are racing for a million? if they are in brazil when they say that, i have a bad feeling that they will be eliminated.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
well, i guess after looking at the florida thread, it seems like we are sure that FT/BE make it to the F3.

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member

So now, these were my four top teams going into the race who I really thought would make it far...HOWEVER! I am shocked at the performance from Zev and Justin who DOMINATED! this season! They owned it. Jen and Kisha boutlasted all other teams from season 14 and always placed in middle to top. Globetrotters were not a surprise to still be in, and Gary and Mallory have ran a VERY lucky fortunate race.

Zev and Justin DOMINATED?? that's a bit of a stretch, sure, they won 4 1st place finishes, but they also struggled A LOT in a couple of legs and came in second to last three times... don't get me wrong, they are good racers, but I wouldn't exactly call them dominators... as I wouldn't call Gallory just lucky... they have proven to be good racers too.

BTW, as for the making drinks option, I also think it would make sense for them to sell them... kinda like one side is sell bathing suits the other one sell drinks, just my spec.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member

So now, these were my four top teams going into the race who I really thought would make it far...HOWEVER! I am shocked at the performance from Zev and Justin who DOMINATED! this season! They owned it. Jen and Kisha boutlasted all other teams from season 14 and always placed in middle to top. Globetrotters were not a surprise to still be in, and Gary and Mallory have ran a VERY lucky fortunate race.

Zev and Justin DOMINATED?? that's a bit of a stretch, sure, they won 4 1st place finishes, but they also struggled A LOT in a couple of legs and came in second to last three times... don't get me wrong, they are good racers, but I wouldn't exactly call them dominators... as I wouldn't call Gallory just lucky... they have proven to be good racers too.

BTW, as for the making drinks option, I also think it would make sense for them to sell them... kinda like one side is sell bathing suits the other one sell drinks, just my spec.

or maybe they drink what they make.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
here's a wild guess on the detour phrase...bikini or martini? LOL  :lol: