Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 11 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida) >>This is for BRAZIL  (Read 114871 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
So if they are getting on the tram where VG placed it, why are they riding it for just about a mile to get to the RB location? I wonder if they are going somewhere else.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:05:16 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I LOVE our team!! Y'all are awesome!! Great find caper!!

:ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Good job, caper! :jam:

Offline VolcanicGlass

• RFF Newbie
The samba task is taking place at the intersection of two streets - Rua Sau Francisco da Prainha and Rua Scadura Cabral.

Well done, caper!

I wonder if they make their way from the samba location to the tram. There still must be a reason that they take the tram. This vidcap (the one with 22) doesn't seem to be near the samba location.

I was also trying to figure out this location by working out the tall building in the left-hand background.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
It looks like the tram location you found was about a mile from the samba. But the tram would not take them to Rio Antigo would it? I don't think the tram is after the samba because they are not very sweaty at all. They get much sweatier later.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
Is Mallory carrying a yellow paper in the cap above (walking with Gary)?  Looks like a detour clue?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I believe it is!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
yes, looks like it to me, and believe you me I have tried to read it! :lol: (unsuccessfully)

And such a good eye VG!!

I was also trying to figure out this location by working out the tall building in the left-hand background.

here is a close up...looks to be writing on that building!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
The tall building with the sharp edge might be this one......just to the east of the RB and down the block.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
I think this pic is at the end of the tram, where they pick up the Route Info for detours........look at Mallory's hair.......it is still pretty well combed back.

Mallory at bottom of tram

On the way from the airport to the tram.....

Btw........I suspect that Mallory and Gary are just reacting to their first experience to a Rio taxi driver and Rio traffic......it is a pretty normal 1st reaction...........been there, did that too!!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 07:09:41 PM by DrRox »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Great find, caper!  :yess: Here's the viewpoint. It looks like the plaza got a little touchup for the cameras: the bottling-plant stuff is gone, the balcony ads are gone, and it seems a few buildings have gotten some fresh paint.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I tend to diagree, DrRox, because the roadblock should be first, before they head south for the detour and then west for the pitstop. Besides the fact that the roadblock is usually first, they seem to start in the central Rio area (where the airport, tram and roadblock are) and work away from it.
Perhaps I misunderstood your post but it seemed like you were suggesting that the detour was before the roadblock.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I tend to diagree, DrRox, because the roadblock should be first, before they head south for the detour and then west for the pitstop. Besides the fact that the roadblock is usually first, they seem to start in the central Rio area (where the airport, tram and roadblock are) and work away from it.
Perhaps I misunderstood your post but it seemed like you were suggesting that the detour was before the roadblock.

We have NO evidence either way, so everyone is of course welcome to speculate, right?

RB's don't usually precede a Detour any more than Detours usually precede a RB....they vary. And gosh knows sometimes they run them all over a city! :lol:

Not saying you are right or wrong, just that we do NOT know for sure yet which is first.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
press info up in post one!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
It's just my spec that we see roadblock then waxing then detour. The main thing I was thinking is that it would be odd to get the detour clue at the end of the tram ride which is very close to the roadblock point and then go down to Copacabana and then right back to where they just were for the roadblock.
However just because I find it odd does not mean they won't do it.  Sometimes they do seem to run all over the place. I just always tend to want to force their route to make sense.  :lol:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
Rio Geography....Wow.......I never realized how far you could zoom out on GE and still see Maracana!!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:28:36 PM by DrRox »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
Just because they ride up the tram........doesn't necessarily mean they ride it down......does it?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This cap may be a better resolution on our mystery building:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
That building is one of the skyscrapers in Centro. I think Kisha and Jen are wandering around looking for the RB near Centro.

Offline lumos12

• RFF Newbie
Delurking for the first time to ask if anyone else finds it a bit odd that every team, save Kisha/Jen, have two different cabs in the promo (35 and 37 look like the same cab). It may not mean anything but I just thought to myself - "that's kind of weird"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:welcome: to RFF lumos12!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kpop_suju13_elf

• RFF Not So Newbie
Leg 11 has a U-turn

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
Delurking for the first time to ask if anyone else finds it a bit odd that every team, save Kisha/Jen, have two different cabs in the promo (35 and 37 look like the same cab). It may not mean anything but I just thought to myself - "that's kind of weird"

Maybe that means they asked their taxi to stay and wait?