Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 11 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida) >>This is for BRAZIL  (Read 114851 times)

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
florida...........this is the brasil thread......you gonna have to wait on the south florida comments till Peach opens that thread or post in the finale thread.

I know :) Just thought it easier for her to move it there from this thread than from the other one.

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member

PREVIEW CAPS!

did anyone notice Gary and Mallory are switched in these two taxi scenes? Also in cap 35, they both look clean and neat, my guess is they're starting the leg and coming out of the airport, while in cap 40 Mallory has some kind of dirt or paint in her face, and her shirt is kinda wet, and also Gary's,... maybe after finishing a task and on route to the pitstop??

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
did anyone notice Gary and Mallory are switched in these two taxi scenes? Also in cap 35, they both look clean and neat, my guess is they're starting the leg and coming out of the airport, while in cap 40 Mallory has some kind of dirt or paint in her face, and her shirt is kinda wet, and also Gary's,... maybe after finishing a task and on route to the pitstop??

It does look like she's got a [Pit Stop] clue in her hand.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
I certainly noticed the perspiration.........but she is so expressive all the time.......she may just be happy the light turned green!!!

Dec 11 in Rio is same weather as June 11 in Miami.........it is warm, but usually not all that humid. But if this is after the Samba RB.......then certainly explains the sweat.

I think the stage is to teach the racers doing the RB how to Samba..........but remember that the samba is a street dance. So I think each racer has a couple to teach them how to do it. It appears they have more members of their samba team and might have to samba round the square.......with their own samba school.........a copy of the Rio Carnaval Samba Schools in the Sambadrome.

Mallory is the blue school, Zeb is the red school, BE is the green school and Kisha is the yellow school.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 04:31:04 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Pic 35 is definitely a different taxi.  The handle above the window is in a different location.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Dec 11 in Rio is same weather as June 11 in Miami.........it is warm, but usually not all that humid. But if this is after the Samba RB.......then certainly explains the sweat.

I think the stage is to teach the racers doing the RB how to Samba..........but remember that the samba is a street dance. So I think each racer has a couple to teach them how to do it. It appears they have more members of their samba team and might have to samba round the square.......with their own samba school.........a copy of the Rio Carnaval Samba Schools in the Sambadrome.

Mallory is the blue school, Zeb is the red school, BE is the green school and Kisha is the yellow school.

Knowing that they are performing on the street will be helpful. While Zev is performing a large group dressed in yellow is standing around in the background. Are they waiting for Kisha to finish practicing? They are dressed the same as the guy who is helping her on stage.

And this:

I certainly noticed the perspiration.........but she is so expressive all the time.......she may just be happy the light turned green!!!

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
"This Is Where It Ends (Brazil and Florida)" - The final four Teams mix it up in Brazil where Racers cry out in pain during a hairy situation as this season comes down to a race to the finish line when one Team will be crowned the winners and receive the 1 million dollar prize, during the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 8 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

As expected, not much helpful in there.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
In several of the caps with the teams in taxis, you can see in the background, on the other side of the highways/roads street-mileage signs.

Knowing what is on those signs will tell us what highway and probably where on that highway teams were on.

None of the trees/plants looked like south Florida trees and flora. On the other hand, with the boat in the preview, you can see one palm tree in the far background on shore. That is definitely the now almost extinct type of palm trees that were common in South Florida and the Key until a palm tree blight wiped them out in the 1970s.
-- theschnauzers

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think I keep trying to see clues in the taxi caps, for some reason.

Did a breakdown, of a few additional things I noticed, not sure if it's helpful or not.

- Once again cap 34 with the Globetrotters - 1st time I noticed the colored car (what is the color of cabs in Miami?), but are those Palm trees behind them? - Miami or Rio, not sure.
- Cap 35 - Gallory - Not sure Miami or Rio. Is that a truck passing by them? Is that the drawing of a grapefruit (which is not a very common fruit in Brazil, I must say) or is that a tomato.
- Cap 36 - Zev and Justin - Rio for sure (water bottle)
- Cap 37 - Kisha & Jen - Rio, same cab as Cap 39.
- Cap 38 - Zev and Justin - no clue
- Cap 39 - Kisha & Jen - We can see a Rio, green Coperativa cabs by the window beside Jen, so it's set in Brazil for sure.
- Cap 40 - Gallory - no clue
- Cap 41 - Globetrotters - Doesn't look like same taxi from cap 34. Might be Brazil, those yellow and green flags on the background might be the give-away.
- Cap 42 and 43 - Gallory - no clue, but probably same taxi as 40, but not the same taxi from 35, as someone already indicated, by Gary and Mallory different seat positions.

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
I think I keep trying to see clues in the taxi caps, for some reason.

Did a breakdown, of a few additional things I noticed, not sure if it's helpful or not.

- Once again cap 34 with the Globetrotters - 1st time I noticed the colored car (what is the color of cabs in Miami?), but are those Palm trees behind them? - Miami or Rio, not sure.

Cabs in Miami do have the window tint like the one in this cap, but I personally can't be too sure where this particular cap is from. The cabs with pieces of letters on the back window are in Rio

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster

PREVIEW CAPS!

Just noticed something else.
Cap 35 - They're Dry.
Caps 40, 42-43 - They're Wet, as if they were wet, and then they wore the dry t-shirts over. Might be a clue for them being set in Miami and not Rio.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
Rio weather for Dec 11, 2010

High temp   84
Low temp   75

Dew point   72
Max Humidity  89 percent
Min  Humidity  69 percent

Wind   7 mph to 16 mph

With humidity and temps that high........doesnt take much to sweat/perspire

Here is a little stylized map of Santa Teresa neighborhood......maybe it will help Slowhatch.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 08:53:20 PM by DrRox »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
florida...........this is the brasil thread......you gonna have to wait on the south florida comments till Peach opens that thread or post in the finale thread.

I know :) Just thought it easier for her to move it there from this thread than from the other one.

I am so sorry! My fault, I forgot to unlock it!!  :-[
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Phat139

• RFF Not So Newbie
Yay, longest preview in the season!  :yess:
I think Waxing is one of the Detour, including with Selling... 'Cuz I don't think most RI are crucial challenges, but waxing... OMG, when they pull them out, really painful ya' know... You can see in the previews many were screaming  :lol3:
At 7-8, Zev & Justin choose the Selling Detour, but then at 11 & 14, we can see both Zev & Justin were being waxed, so there might be a chance they switch Detour, 'cuz it isn't easy to sell stuffs... with a lot of that clothes...   :umn:
You did very well, Jet & Cord... You still smiled and showed respect to each other as a team, even when you were eliminated...
So... now go Gary & Mallory!! Win for the cowboys!!

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
Yay, longest preview in the season!  :yess:
I think Waxing is one of the Detour, including with Selling... 'Cuz I don't think most RI are crucial challenges, but waxing... OMG, when they pull them out, really painful ya' know... You can see in the previews many were screaming  :lol3:
At 7-8, Zev & Justin choose the Selling Detour, but then at 11 & 14, we can see both Zev & Justin were being waxed, so there might be a chance they switch Detour, 'cuz it isn't easy to sell stuffs... with a lot of that clothes...   :umn:

Nah i don't think it would be a detour. Why? Because it wouldn't be fair at all for the boys and the time factor doesn't match with the selling of the clothes. Girls will have a huge advantage of this because.. they're basically almost hairless from shaving themselves regularly.. i hope. :)
Therefore....

1) Airport to Tram Station

2) Tram Station to Waxing Station

Look at Gary's arm hair :)

3) Waxing Station To Roadblock

Hairless Zev HAHA! :D

4) Roadlock to Detour

This detour reminds me of TAR17 when they were in Ghana. Haha! :)

What do you guys think? Im speculating this based on hairs. HAHA!
And.. why do i have a strong feeling that this will be a F4 to the finish? O.O
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And.. why do i have a strong feeling that this will be a F4 to the finish? O.O
You probably ate something that went bad :P
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Judging by caps,I think the order of teams arriving RB should be:
1/2.Gallory/Zev and Justin(Not sure who came first)
3.Kisha and Jen
4.Flight time and Big easy

Offline michael_123

• RFF Not So Newbie

It does look like she's got a [Pit Stop] clue in her hand.

and she looks kinda happy  :)
maybe they are in the final 3 LOL

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
I think that FT and BE were yelling at the tram operator to stop for them, so they could be on the same tram........and the other three teams are all hollering NOOOO........

Im not sure actually, because they look seriously shocked, like as though they had hit and killed someone (obviously that didn't happen) but seriously look at their faces. I dont think it is something as small as that. Just my opinion.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
Im not sure actually, because they look seriously shocked, like as though they had hit and killed someone (obviously that didn't happen) but seriously look at their faces. I dont think it is something as small as that. Just my opinion.

In the video, it looks like the tram was slowing down and the teams were yelling no and shaking their heads no... They didn't seem serious, serious upset like hitting something but more 'Don't stop the tram, go go go!' LOL  I really think the Trotters were trying to stop the tram...

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
PREVIEW CAPS!

Not sure this is a lot of help but these two screen caps are different cabs.  Notice the two screw holes above Justin's head in one and not the other.

Offline sox15

• RFF Not So Newbie
PREVIEW CAPS!

Not sure this is a lot of help but these two screen caps are different cabs.  Notice the two screw holes above Justin's head in one and not the other.

What is that on Justin's neck in the taxi photo?  It looks like a bandage or it could just might well be the sun light position.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
The samba task is taking place at the intersection of two streets - Rua Sau Francisco da Prainha and Rua Scadura Cabral.  There is a restaurant called Angu do Gomes which is loacted here as well as what appears to be a water bottling location etc. (discovered it on google earth but can't figure out how to do a pic of same - sorry)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:59:01 PM by caper »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
I think you found it caper.......it is in Rio Antigo.......the Old Rio.......the oldest part of town down by the docks. The address of the restaurant of #17, fits with Peach seeing an address of #22.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:02:24 PM by DrRox »

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Thanks Dr. Rox !!! :beer: ^^