Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 11 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida) >>This is for BRAZIL  (Read 114881 times)

Offline VolcanicGlass

• RFF Newbie
This beach scene is on Copacabana beach.

Here's the tram location:

Just to get everyone situated, here is a satellite view of the city with the following locations marked: beach, tram stop, international airport, Niteroi.

Need more time to nail down the samba area.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Thanks, VG! :waves: Spoilers had FT/BE spotted in the Copacabana area and since it is a ways from the main part of Rio I would expect to see the other detour option around there as well.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:10:06 AM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

I can't tell if this is Kisha or Jen, but I speculate that it is Kisha since Jen has done the last two RB's.

The other Roadblockers are Big Easy, Mallory, and Zev.

If there is a final RB, then Gary will do it! :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks VG!!  :hearts:

That is a HUGE help!!

Supposedly the Pitstop is in Niteroi as well...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
It is Kisha..here is another cap:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
So why do y'all think everyone looks so shocked?? Are the Trotters about to leap on board? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I don't think they want the bus to stop for them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Here are some of the original twitters:

From Twitter:

@Thiago_DAlmeida estavam gravando o the amazing race hj lá no hotel ... mto legal , gosto dessa serie.
14 hours ago via web

Translation:
People were filming The Amazing Race today in an hotel...very cool, i like that show

He's from RIO, and according with the timing, this means that he saw the teams at 12:00 am Brazilian Time (-3 GMT)

Here's his twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Thiago_DAlmeida

Thiago twitted me back:

@d0cc0l sim sim ... o pessoal tava gravando aqui sim ... estavam hospedados lá em copacabana
18 minutes ago via web

Translation: Yes, yes...the producers were filming here, they were staying (in an hotel i guess) in Copacabana (A RIO de janeiro neighbor)

Then i asked him the name of the hotel, or any details that he can give me....he says:

@d0cc0l cara ... só sei que teve uma prova sobre samba , e o pit stop foi em niteroi
8 minutes ago via web

Trasnslation:
I only know that they had a task about "Samba" (Brazil's National Dance Style) and that the PIT STOP was in the city of NITEROI

Okay, so I'm extremelly new here, but I find the work you guys do amazing. From the same twitter source above, someone asked weather or not he had seen a team of black women. He replies:

@leonamoliveira cara , eu me lembro de dois negros muito altos só ... essas duas negras eu não me recordo não

@leonamoliveira dude, I remember two really tall black guys, but I don't recall these black women

Anyway, I'm thinking Flight Time & Big Easy?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
I think that FT and BE were yelling at the tram operator to stop for them, so they could be on the same tram........and the other three teams are all hollering NOOOO........

Now that I see the screencaps......it is most certainly Copacabana Beach.....not far from the border with Leme. Just as VC has it mapped.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:20:20 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City

Moring arrival at Rio.......so either probably either JJ8089 London-Rio arriving at 0732   or  AF442 Paris - Rio arriving at 0847. I am assuming Dec 11, 2011.

Zurich to London  ZUR-LHR
BA 717  1737-1821
LX 338   1815-1928

London to Rio de Janeiro   LHR-GIG
JJ 8089   2141-0732

Zurich to Paris    ZUR-CDG
LX 646  2023-2140
LX 644  1824-1930

Paris to Rio de Janeiro  CDG-GIG
AF 442  2357-0847

From looking at the early morning shadows........I would say they arrived on AF 442.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:19:23 PM by DrRox »

Offline VolcanicGlass

• RFF Newbie
Given the architecture, I expect the samba roadblock to be somewhere in the Santa Teresa neighborhood. That would also fit in with the teams having to take the tram. If anyone has time to look for the location, that's where I would start.

The following is only spec.

In terms of the pitstop being in Niteroi, it seems to me that the only reason would be to have it be at the Museum of Contemporary Art which has amazing views of Rio. They will need to cross over the bridge to get there, but once they arrive, there is a huge ramp going up to the main building. It's very stage-ending worthy.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
Yes the Oscar Neimeyer desgined Museum of Contempory Art will make a fantastic location for the Pit Stop mat and F4 elim.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
I want to see Mallory do waxing. :luvu: :bubs

Well given that she is a Beauty Queen, I'll bet she is used to the waxing and it won't bother her as much as it does the others...  :lol:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Are Zev & Justin waxed when they're at the beach? That *should* help with timing? :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Are Zev & Justin waxed when they're at the beach? That *should* help with timing? :lol:

I tried to look but I can't make it out.
Are they going to remove arm hair as well on the males? It doesn't seem fair because they would have to do arms, legs and chest at least while the girls don't have to do as much.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
Thanks, VG! :waves: Spoilers had FT/BE spotted in the Copacabana area and since it is a ways from the main part of Rio I would expect to see the other detour option around there as well.

Globetrotters were spotted at MIDNIGHT in a hotel........probably doing post leg confessionals.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
The pitstop is in Niteroi. ???

Anyway I meant that if the beach detour option is in Copacabana area, then the other one should be as well. They are not usually very far apart. I wonder if they will do something that involves surfing or beach soccer.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
The pitstop is in Niteroi. ???

Anyway I meant that if the beach detour option is in Copacabana area, then the other one should be as well. They are not usually very far apart. I wonder if they will do something that involves surfing or beach soccer.

The Pit Stop yes...........not necessarily the Pit Stop hotel......

The beauty shop for the waxing is probably in Copa too.........they are a dime a dozen. Finding the right beauty shop will be our needle in the haystack task. But the Globetrotter sighting at midnight has nothing to do with the detours around noon.

In TAR2, they used Christo as a route info location right after landing. Then they used Pau de Azucar (Sugarloaf) for one of the detour options the next morning.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:45:45 PM by DrRox »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
Globetrotter arriving last at Centro Tram station. Notice the steepness of shadow on building at right background.

Mallory getting clue in Santa Teresa after tram ride.

Zev/Justin on Copacabana Beach selling clothes.......not much angle on Zev's shadow......pretty much midday.

Kisha and Mallory dancing Samba......longer shadow now. It could be Santa Teresa neighborhood in the am or Niteroi in afternoon.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
In one of my caps I can read that house to our right of the yellow house number as 22 if that helps...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
There's no one on stage while Mallory is practicing. And they are using the same stage because the same performers that are with Kisha are waiting for Mal. This may be a pull-off-the-number RB.

Also when Justin is waiting here, same performers:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:13:09 PM by Prophet »

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The dancers in yellow are Kisha's trainers.  Those in green are Big Easy's.  Both still waiting for the racers to arrive in those photos after Zev and Mallory have begun the RB.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Good catch chill! So the roadblock may not come directly after the tram or Kisha and Jen would be there as well. Perhaps the waxing spaces them out.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member

It looks like Zev and Kisha are dancing on the stage at the same time.  Zev is in the background with his dancers.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
florida...........this is the brasil thread......you gonna have to wait on the south florida comments till Peach opens that thread or post in the finale thread.

As to the taxi screencaps........

The taxis they will have to take from the Rio Airport, are all air conditioned radio taxis........so all the taxi shots with the windows up will most probably be on the ride from the airport to the Santa Teresa tram. Taxis shots with windows down will be normal yellow/green taxis that are used after getting the clue in Santa Teresa. I dont see any team waiting around for a radio taxi after a task, when there will be lots of the yellow.green normal taxis everywhere.

Teams are all wearing the same exact clothes in all screencaps. I would except at least one team to change before heading to Miami. Though, to be fair, they will have time to get them washed after leg 11 and before leg 12.