Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 11 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida) >>This is for BRAZIL  (Read 114860 times)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Peach, you might want to put this in Ep 12 thread. I think this cap is different from the cabs the other teams took which clearly showed them to be in Brazil. Could this be a cap from Leg 12? I'm unsure, but the outside surroundings and the cab itself does seemed like Florida~

Not sure.

Is it just my imagination or does Zev still have chest hair?

Also, Justin still has arm hair in the taxi sequence. Maybe he didn't have to get his arms waxed?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Arrive Brazil comes before waxing.... :lol:

And no ZBC...no TBC
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I want to see Mallory do waxing. :luvu: :bubs

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Preview is up in post 2!!

caps sometime.... :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

laimis

Mallory, Big Easy (I THINK) and Zev are doing it. Kisha and Jen... NOWHERE TO BE SEEN.

Jen or either Kisha was on a stage... MAYBE, and I think that they have to take a tram after a roadblock and FT & BE is in last place that time

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
The tram is the Santa Teresa Tram. It is the only tram left in Rio. It is pretty famous. I think the stage is in Niteroi, from Slowhatch's previous research.

One of the great train robbers in Britian used to have a bar/cafe just off that tram.....up in the hills.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Teresa_Tram

All the taxi scenes in that preview are in Rio.

Santa Teresa is a very old neighborhood in Rio. Rio had a very bad yellow fever problem, so people moved up on the hills to get away from the mosquitos that caused the disease.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:43:51 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline AmazingRace n00b

• RFF Not So Newbie
looks like the things Zev & Justin are supposedly selling are bathing suits maybe.  Or possibly costumes since some look too fancy to be bathing suits.  Idk.  I can just see some sort of bras. haha

On the subject of the tram.  It looks like it's this stop "The Estaçio Carioca terminal, with the Petrobras building in the background." according to this picture from a website about the tram:

Here's a picture of it on the map.
The blue dot is the tram station.  The green building in the lower left can be seen in the shots of everyone leaving the globetrotters.  And "D" is the Rio de Janeiro Cathedral
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:00:56 AM by AmazingRace n00b »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
The tram goes for Carioca Station in Rio Centro up to the neighborhood of Santa Teresa and then back to Centro. The beach scenes could be from Gloria Beach or the beach in Botofogo. I cant tell from the preview. Need some screencap to match buildings in the background.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:02:25 AM by DrRox »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
It's must be Episode 11 and 12? for finale :duno:
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
It's must be Episode 11 and 12? for finale :duno:

Episode 11, containing Legs 11 and 12........

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
PREVIEW CAPS!

13456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
so glad the goths are gone!! anyways, based on watching the preview, i'm just gonna guess that ft and be will make up the time of missing the tram.  i just dont think they would emphasize it that much. 

Offline michael_123

• RFF Not So Newbie
when you watch the promo,
you can really tell kisha jen and gary mallory made it the final 3
and dunno bout ft/be and zev justin
but i think it should be zev justin
 :lol:

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
time to give us some clues peach!  :)

Offline YYFTW

• RFF Not So Newbie
On the confessional speech made by Zev and Justin when they checked in at the pit stop, they were wearing the same shirt as they were in Brazil. Does that mean anything?  :duno: Sorry but i don't have the picture.   

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the waxing challenge take less time for a team like Kisha & Jen, and take more time for a team like Zev & Justin.? :duno:

(Just trying to find any excuse to assure myself that Kisha & Jen are in the Final Three! :umn: )
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline theamazingracefan100

• RFF Not So Newbie
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the waxing challenge take less time for a team like Kisha & Jen, and take more time for a team like Zev & Justin.? :duno:

(Just trying to find any excuse to assure myself that Kisha & Jen are in the Final Three! :umn: )

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
Caps 31-33 looks like it might be from Leg 12.

All the taxi sequences seems like are from Leg 11 in Rio. With silly editing making it look as if they were from sprint to finish line.

For example Cap 36 is Brazil for sure. The Water bottle Zev is holding gives it away.
However, gotta wonder if cap 34 with the Globetrotters is also from Rio. We can see a yellow-ish / green-ish car in the back window, but is not very clear.

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
Caps 31-33 looks like it might be from Leg 12.

Yes, that's how they get to the destination in Caps 44-45.

#s 37 & 39 are in Rio. Acutally, I think all the taxi scenes are in Rio except.....

#s 34 and 41. These two throw me off because they're different taxis....so one has to be Rio and the other is up in the air.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:08:34 AM by florida »

Offline michael_123

• RFF Not So Newbie

FT and BE indeed the only team to not make the tram.

^^ that should be the order of finish in leg 12 aswell lool

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster

FT and BE indeed the only team to not make the tram.

^^ that should be the order of finish in leg 12 aswell lool

Starting from Gallory of course!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Wow... I can't for the life of me figure out who's gonna win this! I can't even predict who'll be the final team eliminated, although I have a FEELING that it'd be Gary and Mallory. They kinda have the nice-team-just-misses-the-finale edit like Oswald and Danny and Toni and Dallas. And my gut tells me that Zev and Justin or the Globetrotters will win the race. Zev and Justin's placements kinda remind me of Nat and Kat's last season. They won a couple of legs, but almost came in last for a couple of legs as well. Whereas for the Globetrotters, they're a strong team with a pretty good edit this season, so they might end up as our eventual winners. Hmm.

But of course, I really hope that somehow, somewhere, Gary and Mallory win this thing! If that happens, it'll be an awesome end to a pretty boring season (IMO). Geez.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Am I correct in assuming that the tram is taking them to/from the waxing?

This may be wrong but this is how I understand it right now:

Arrive in Rio
Waxing RI
Dancing RB
Detour: Selling/??
Pitstop in Niteroi

They aren't giving us hardly anything from ep 12. I think they are going to use the double leg to only give us promos for Brazil. :snicker:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:29:43 AM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

NoluckBoston

I have never been waxed, but is that Seaweed that they are using?

Offline Phat139

• RFF Not So Newbie
Yay, longest preview in the season!  :yess:
I think Waxing is one of the Detour, including with Selling... 'Cuz I don't think most RI are crucial challenges, but waxing... OMG, when they pull them out, really painful ya' know... You can see in the previews many were screaming  :lol3:
At 7-8, Zev & Justin choose the Selling Detour, but then at 11 & 14, we can see both Zev & Justin were being waxed, so there might be a chance they switch Detour, 'cuz it isn't easy to sell stuffs... with a lot of that clothes... And did I see Justin holding a lot of b*k*n* with him?  :umn:
You did very well, Jet & Cord... You still smiled and showed respect to each other as a team, even when you were eliminated...
So... now go Gary & Mallory!! Win for the cowboys!!