Author Topic: Top 6 Discussion  (Read 18028 times)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Top 6 Discussion
« on: April 28, 2011, 11:09:58 AM »
Well, tonight was way better than last week. I thought that all 6 did a good job, and it will be a tough fight to the Top 5. Exciting! And you know, I did wonder if there would be duets in the Top 6 but I didn't give much thought to it as it hasn't happened before. But wow, they really gave us the duets! That was awesome. =D

Jacob - It was a nice, energetic start to the show. But Jacob has already peaked early in the season and his performance did not excite me anymore (and neither will his future performances if he stays). There's no denying it was good, but that was just what it is. I did think he could be going home, being the first and not giving an altogether magical performance. But seeing that he got the last duet slot, he could be safe for yet another week.

Lauren - Loved seeing her push the barriers! It wasn't a superbly impressive performance IMO, but I'm glad she tried to take some risks. I'm still hoping that she'll go all the way to the Final 2 and win it!

Scotty - That was probably his best performance thus far. It was heartfelt, it was moving, it was a great vocal performance and like Lauren, he did take some risks by trying to push his limits. Based on that performance and what Randy said... I wonder if he WILL end up winning the season. I don't know, but it's already the Top 6 and his fanbase is still as crazy. There's always a possibility for a contestant to lead the pack in votes right from the start and that's what Scotty seems to be doing. Hmm.

James - I LOVED the start of his performance and I kinda wish that the entire performance had just consisted of him and the guitar. But I thought that the entire performance was still fantastic, and I would term it the best performance of the night. I agree with the judges; this is one contestant who has been consistent since the start. He hasn't had a bad week! Another potential winner? Hmmm.

Casey - It was a great performance, but definitely not my style. Casey was in his element though, that's what we've been missing from him for a few weeks.

Haley - I thought her performance was good, but I wonder if it'll save her from elimination. Her being placed at the last slot reminds me of Siobhan from last season who was given the last slot too but eventually eliminated. Seeing that she's been in the bottom three for quite a number of times and that Jacob might be safe this week... She's my next vote to go home...

To be honest, the duets did not impress me too much. It could be because we've actually seen Haley-Casey and Scotty-Lauren pair up and sing a couple of times before, so it's not as electrifying anymore. I recall being totally blown away with the Adam-Allison duet in Season 8, and Lee-Crystal last season. But this time, it was just cool for me. Great performances, but they didn't have me jumping out of my seat.

So... This MIGHT be our bottom three (if we have one), Haley, Jacob and Casey. Otherwise if it's just a bottom two, I'm guessing it'd be Haley and Jacob. I don't think Casey's going anywhere yet, so it's between the other two. And as I mentioned above about Jacob, it looks like Haley will do a Siobhan and go home, leaving Lauren as the last girl standing. But of course I'm hoping and praying that something bizarre happens and say, Scotty goes home! Nah, that will not happen. Casey or Jacob, please please please!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Top 6 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 12:51:53 PM »
Scotty has got HUGE votes tonight. :colors

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »
I think James, Lauren and Scotty are confirmed SAFE.

Hayley, Casey and Jacob will be BOTTOM 3.

Jacob and Haley in BOTTOM 2.

Bye Jacob.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 04:29:26 PM »
I thought for sure that Jacob would be the at the bottom of Dialidol's predictions and I still think it will be him going home.  If that is the case, then my predictions are the same as Joab's: Jacob, Casey and Hayley in the bottom 3. Jacob leaving.

No one had a bad performance, Hayley and Lauren both did very well last night. I'm thinking that Casey is becoming predictable. I think he's not going to grow any more, this is who he is and what he does. He's a good musician, entertaining but he's not exciting in the way that James. Scotty, Hayley and Lauren.

Jacob too is somewhat predictable, he is what he is. He will do very well but he isn't the top idol this season. He would have killed Ruben Stoddard, he's much better than the Velvet Teddy Bear. (Velvet Teddy Bear makes me laugh to think about it because really, all I truly remember is how large Ruben was, and how he sweated on stage.)

I hope the girls survive tonight! I'm OK with either Casey or Jacob leaving.

There seems to be some controversy about Randy proclaiming James will be the winner, what do y'all think? Was it over the top?
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 04:38:05 PM »
Videos:

Jacob

Lauren

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 04:41:58 PM »
Nicely done! A change of pace.

Scotty

James
 I wish he'd have just sung it as a ballad all the way through to the very end, it let us hear his voice with out the screaming.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 04:48:25 PM »
Casey (Listening again, he was better than I gave him credit for, love the hat...)

Hayley

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 04:51:53 PM »
:tup: thanks for posting the video's TL!

:lol:  if i didnt know any better i would think ur trying to up ur #'s ! LOL

zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 05:01:33 PM »
Duets:

Hayley and Casey

Lauren and Scott

Jacob and James

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 05:02:24 PM »
You two are always neck and neck for numbers three and four of all-time posts!

She'll pass me like the roadrunner when Big Brother starts this summer.  :lol3:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 05:52:29 PM »
I think Haley is gonna win this!!  :jumpy:

She's keeps getting stronger and has more confidence each time and is always having fun.

James and Casey are definately in the running as well.

James has impressed me alot from last nights performance.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 05:55:06 PM »
I didnt like the Duets. It was sorta cheesy and off key if you ask me ..

Lauren has too strong of a voice and over powered Scotty

Jacob and James was just bad.. like  high school free4all

Haley and Casey were ok .

Haley did the best  during the Duets as a whole. :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 06:14:59 PM »
It would be surprising to see Hayley win with consistent low placement in the voting. Not that she doesn't deserve a chance but the voters are odd again this year.
I'm personally tired of Scott but I'm sure he's not going anywhere.  :lol: Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the final with James and James winning.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 10:10:51 PM »
I have a rant about tonight's ending but I'll wait until tomorrow to post it.  :)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 01:41:00 AM »
Thanks TL!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 01:58:13 AM »
I have a rant about tonight's ending but I'll wait until tomorrow to post it.  :)

LAME. THEY REFUSED TO TELL US THE BOTTOM 3 SO AS NOT TO MAKE THE RESULTS OBVIOUS?

Lame. Jacob would be 5th... but i really don't know who's going 4th.

OMG. HALEY IS IN THE FINAL 5......................................... :lol3:

I. WAS. RIGHT. ALL. ALONG. :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:

TOLD YA ALL HALEY HAD IT IN HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRUE HALEY FAN FROM BEGINNING.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 04:09:15 AM »
Oh, wow! I was pretty surprised with the results tonight, I was pretty sure that Haley would be going home. Yay for the results! I'm pleased with it lol.

I was looking at the first three contestants to be declared safe and in my mind I was like... That's MY ideal Final 3! Hmm.

As for Randy saying that James might win the whole thing... I don't fully buy that yet. Randy is no Simon, and I don't really trust his predictions entirely. James' style doesn't sit well with everyone, and that might cost him some votes in the finale (if he makes it there). Look at how even Adam Lambert could not win against Kris Allen. But then again, if James is in the finale with Lauren, the gender voting bias this season might just surface again. We saw Kelly win against Justin, Carrie against Bo, Jordin against Blake, but that was in the past. It all seems different now. At least since season 7, it seems that the guys are naturally the preferred bunch. I wonder if it'll change this season? I'll be surprised if it does. And I can't wait to see it happen.

For now, I just hope that Jacob and Scotty (the Mike Lynch and Aaron Kelly of this season IMO) go next...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 08:19:17 AM »
Alright, who else thinks Casey's exit was...odd? :lol: At least it was probably the only exit song that anyone will ever remember. He seemed to take his surprise elimination in stride. Elimination nights have become odd this year. :lol: You never know who's going and what they are going to do.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:23:54 AM by Prophet »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 10:34:56 AM »
My little DARING prediction:

5th: Jacob
4th: Scotty
3rd: James
2nd: Haley

And i seriously think, there's no way Haley's not gonna win. Her STAR factor is just CRAZY and MIND BLOWING.

Sorry LAUREN. :keeta: :keeta: :keeta: :keeta: :keeta:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 11:08:05 AM by Joab »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 10:58:25 AM »
I have a rant about tonight's ending but I'll wait until tomorrow to post it.  :)

LAME. THEY REFUSED TO TELL US THE BOTTOM 3 SO AS NOT TO MAKE THE RESULTS OBVIOUS?

Lame! Lame indeed! This is the 2nd time they have done this to Scotty and I think it stinks. Ryan said in no particular order but let's have the order? My guess is Jacob should have been in the bottom 3, even bottom 2 so production decided to throw Scotty in there as a diversion. He probably was in first place as Dialidol has been showing every week.  (:;)

Are they pushing James for the win? I don't know...

Whoa Joab! That is daring! I think and hope the final 3 will be Scotty, James and Hayley. (You forgot Lauren.)  :)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 11:01:21 AM »
I thought Casey grabbing the girls in the audience by the neck a little on the forceful side but no mistaking the last part of his song when he sang directly to Hayley, "because you're mine." It was memorable, I think we'll remember it for awhile..  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 11:08:24 AM »
My little DARING prediction:

5th: Jacob
4th: Scotty
3rd: James
2nd: Haley

And i seriously think, there's no way Haley's not gonna win. Her STAR factor is just CRAZY and MIND BLOWING.

Sorry LAUREN. :keeta: :keeta: :keeta: :keeta: :keeta:

EDITED. :lol3:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 11:34:41 AM »
I have a rant about tonight's ending but I'll wait until tomorrow to post it.  :)

Lame! Lame indeed! This is the 2nd time they have done this to Scotty and I think it stinks. Ryan said in no particular order but let's have the order? My guess is Jacob should have been in the bottom 3, even bottom 2 so production decided to throw Scotty in there as a diversion. He probably was in first place as Dialidol has been showing every week.  (:;)

Are they pushing James for the win? I don't know...

Whoa Joab! That is daring! I think and hope the final 3 will be Scotty, James and Hayley. (You forgot Lauren.)  :)

Hmm, I don't know, but it makes me feel like they're pushing Scotty for the win instead. Even though it's in random order, Scotty standing next to the one eliminated should cause some paranoia in his fans, leading them to vote even more (like he's not already having enough votes). That's what I feel.

And I do believe that Haley's star factor is present. But the votes aren't, and we can't deny that. I wouldn't go so far as predicting she'd make the finale. She might not even make the Final 4. It's not that I do not believe in her, but I worry about the votes to keep her in. But of course, if all goes RIGHT, Jacob should leave next... I hope. My most daring prediction would be Jacob and Scotty leaving next, followed by Haley, with James and Lauren in the finale. Hmm.

In any case, I'll be a happy person if Haley, James and Lauren make the Final 3, and if a girl DOES win. That'd bring back justice for the girls this season and for the previous 3 seasons! Woot!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 11:48:32 AM »
I honestly don't see how's James so unique.. Adam >>> James... and i truly believe or won't be shocked if he goes fifth.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 11:58:59 AM »
I agree with Ruth on all counts. I don't see a female making the final even though when looking at this year's top 12 it deserved an all female final.  :( And yes they are pushing Scott and James because they bring them the viewers.