Author Topic: Undercover Boss "renewed for 3rd Season"  (Read 3587 times)

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
Undercover Boss "renewed for 3rd Season"
« on: April 25, 2011, 02:17:37 PM »
Since the Amazing Race has been renewed for its 19th season this fall, so did Undercover Boss for a 3rd.  The companies I like to see them cover this 3rd season should be Lowes, Baskin Robbins, Alaska Air/Horizon Air, and maybe another sports team like from the NBA or NHL since they already did MLB and Nascar.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Undercover Boss "renewed for 3rd Season"
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 10:44:01 PM »
Good news!! I like this show even though the format is formulaic. It never fails to bring me to tears to see the various employees react to the news that they pushed their CEO to do a good job and to see them rewarded for their hard work.

I do wonder sometimes are they REALLY that clumsy or uncoordinated that they can't do the simplest tasks? ???
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 10:38:29 AM »
I watch Undercover Boss as a guilty pleasure. Its standard formula has more than worn thin. It's obvious that the trainers have been carefully selected in advance by the company Human Resources departments for getting overdue recognition. It would be nice to see a CEO hooked up with a trainer who is just average for a change, as that is what the majority of employees in these companies are. 

By now after two seasons telecast the ruse of how someone is competing for a job with a second individual or being evaluated by a reality show should have worn thin. The trainers should have caught on and be milking the situation to the maximum.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 06:39:21 PM »
If an employee is told he needs to train someone who is on a reality tv show trying to get a job, bells should ring!  :lol:

I'm sure you are right about people being selected to do the training but I still love the show. It's heartening to see people who take pride in their work and have found ways to do it faster and better.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.