Author Topic: TAR Google Earth Project  (Read 98174 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: Amazing Race KMZ files (Google Earth)
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 11:11:02 PM »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 11:32:29 PM »
Heh, cool. But this isn't just Pit Stops. It's everything.

I see that I can add attachments to my post. Didn't see that, lol. Anyone have any objections if I make multiple posts in a row to get them all? Combined filesize of them all is 3.5 MB
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 04:12:36 AM »
rapidshare?

THIS IS AWESOME <3

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 12:45:52 PM »
Hosting isn't strictly necessary. Say for example I don't have GE and want to view Neobie's project. Here is the URL for his post attachment:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25196.0;attach=171918
Copy that address and paste it into the search box for Google maps; hit the search button and...there it is.
So once you've finished your project, just attach it to a post.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: TAR Google Earth Project
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 02:45:38 PM »
I can't attach it to a post, it's too big.

I'm trying to use Rapidshare, but I'm getting incredibly confused. I don't know how to give permission for others to download my file...

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 06:37:52 PM »
This is terrific! Thank you!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 02:35:58 AM »
Aha! Got it with Google Drive!

HERE THEY ARE!!

You can view them on Google Maps just by clicking on them, but to get the full experience I suggest you download them and open them with Google Earth, because then you can see the icons, labels and descriptions I've included.

Now I am just one person. I've done my best, but there's most certainly going to be some mistakes and inaccuracies. Sometimes I simply can't find anything and have to guess. If you have anything significant to bring to my attention about anything I can change or fix, please let me know. But if you just want to say "hey, move that one label a little bit over, it's kinda off", I'm probably not going to bother.

The Amazing Race 1

The Amazing Race 2

The Amazing Race 3

The Amazing Race 4

The Amazing Race 5

The Amazing Race 6

The Amazing Race 7

The Amazing Race 8: Family Edition

The Amazing Race 9

The Amazing Race 10

The Amazing Race 11: All-Stars

The Amazing Race 12

The Amazing Race 13

The Amazing Race 14

The Amazing Race 15

The Amazing Race 16

The Amazing Race 17

The Amazing Race 18: Unfinished Business

The Amazing Race 19

The Amazing Race 20

The Amazing Race 21

The Amazing Race 22

The Amazing Race 23

The Amazing Race 24: All-Stars

The Amazing Race 25

The Amazing Race 26

The Amazing Race 27

The Amazing Race 28

The Amazing Race 29

The Amazing Race 30

The Amazing Race 31

The Amazing Race 32

The Amazing Race 33

---

The Amazing Race Asia 1

The Amazing Race Asia 2

The Amazing Race Asia 3

The Amazing Race Asia 4

The Amazing Race Asia 5

The Amazing Race: A Corrida Milionária

The Amazing Race Australia 1

The Amazing Race Australia 2

The Amazing Race: Australia V. New Zealand

The Amazing Race Australia 4

The Amazing Race Australia 5

The Amazing Race Australia 6

The Amazing Race Canada 1

The Amazing Race Canada 2

The Amazing Race Canada 3

The Amazing Race Canada 4

The Amazing Race Canada 5

The Amazing Race Canada 6: Heroes Edition

The Amazing Race Canada 7

The Amazing Race Canada 8

The Amazing Race: China Rush 1

The Amazing Race: China Rush 2

The Amazing Race: China Rush 3

The Amazing Race en Discovery Channel 1

The Amazing Race en Discovery Channel 2

The Amazing Race 3 (Latin America)

The Amazing Race 4: Edição Brasil

The Amazing Race 5 (Latin America)

The Amazing Race 6: Ecuador

Amazing Race 1 (France)

The Amazing Race Norge 1

The Amazing Race Norge 2

The Amazing Race Philippines 1

The Amazing Race Philippines 2

The Amazing Race Vietnam – Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2012

The Amazing Race Vietnam – Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2013

The Amazing Race Vietnam – Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2014

The Amazing Race Vietnam – Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2015

The Amazing Race Vietnam – Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2016

The Amazing Race Vietnam – Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2019

The Amazing Race: Jisu Qianjin 1

The Amazing Race: Jisu Qianjin 2

The Amazing Race China 3

The Amazing Race China 4

HaMerotz LaMillion 1

HaMerotz LaMillion 2

HaMerotz LaMillion 3

HaMerotz LaMillion 4

HaMerotz LaMillion 5

HaMerotz LaMillion 6

HaMerotz LaMillion 7

HaMerotz LaMillion 8: All-Stars

Velyki Perehony

---

BONUS: Shanghai Rush
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 06:00:49 AM by G.B. »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 12:00:08 PM »
Here's Season 22
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:05:59 PM by GB »

MrDeerShank

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 12:40:49 PM »
They caught their train from Lime Street, not South Parkway jsyk

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »

Thank you, that is very helpful. I get most all of my data either directly from the show or from Wikipedia, so corrections like these are always welcome.

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2013, 05:29:34 PM »
I got a problem here. After I import the KMZ file in Google Map, it doesn't show the route marker. Does anyone here know how to fix it?
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

MrDeerShank

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 06:05:04 PM »

Thank you, that is very helpful. I get most all of my data either directly from the show or from Wikipedia, so corrections like these are always welcome.

Being nitpicky again :lol: The ferry teams took went to Birkenhead, which is just on the outskirts of Liverpool, hence why teams simply couldn't walk from the Port of Liverpool buildings to Lime Street (about a 10 minute walk) and have all of them bunched together on one train to Euston - it's marked as STENA LINE LIVERPOOL on Google Maps :tup:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2013, 10:00:54 PM »
I got a problem here. After I import the KMZ file in Google Map, it doesn't show the route marker. Does anyone here know how to fix it?

I don't quite understand your question. If you mean you can't see the icons, names and descriptions, it seems it takes a bit to load in Google Drive. Try it again. Or, otherwise, please clarify.

Being nitpicky again :lol: The ferry teams took went to Birkenhead, which is just on the outskirts of Liverpool, hence why teams simply couldn't walk from the Port of Liverpool buildings to Lime Street (about a 10 minute walk) and have all of them bunched together on one train to Euston - it's marked as STENA LINE LIVERPOOL on Google Maps :tup:

Nitpicky is good!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 10:18:12 PM »
GB, have you compared your locations to the locations mapped by Neobie for TAR 1-19?

There were some locations that, with discussion, Neobie was finally able to locate, such as the pit stop in the native village in northern Thailand in TAR 3, which really took a lot of discussion, and the start line location for TAR 2, which required some knowledge of the Florida Everglades and the cross-state highway US 41 as it was in 2002 and what had changed after that.

I do hope that we can somehow pull into one place all the precise information that has been generated on the date-times and locations for the filming of each Race. There has been a lot of projects that have gathered different pieces of that, but I'd really like to get all of that into a single depository.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2013, 11:27:26 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 12:17:37 AM »
theschnauzers: If you can provide a link directly to wherever he provides insight, I'll be glad to add it, but I'd rather not sift through pages upon pages of a thread if at all possible.

georgiapeach: I did all that hard work on the leaderboards on the wiki and you didn't even acknowledge me. *Anime tear*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2013, 12:36:48 AM »
oh sweetie, I AM sorry! I KNOW you did a fabulous job!!

But TAR-time is all consuming this time of year...I save all the fun stuff up for my "down" time! :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 01:29:44 AM »
Heehee, I was just poking fun.

When I end up having to guess while making these TAR KMZ's, it just kills me. But sometimes, it's all I can do.

The earliest example I can think of: Did anyone ever find Songwe Village?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 10:20:58 PM »
theschnauzers: If you can provide a link directly to wherever he provides insight, I'll be glad to add it, but I'd rather not sift through pages upon pages of a thread if at all possible.

georgiapeach: I did all that hard work on the leaderboards on the wiki and you didn't even acknowledge me. *Anime tear*

GB, go to the first page of this thread, you'll see the discussion between me and Neobie, and you'll find the attachment with Neobie's GE kmz file with the locations up through TAR 18 (post reply number 5)

If there are differences between what you have and what Neobie has, this thread would be a good place to work those out. And of course, Neobie has posted leg by leg maps of locations in different "map" threads, so for much of that it's a matter of transferring the information into the kmz file. (While I understand what to do, I am not proficient in actually creating those files.
-- theschnauzers

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »
Oh yeah, oops. I keep forgetting georgiapeach merged my thread with another one :P

Okay, I'll have a look. Are these "map" threads on this site?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 02:26:42 AM »
Okay! Fixed up some of the Pit Stop locations!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 11:35:04 PM »
GB, you should find a given season's map thread in the archived subforum for that season; I think there was one that covered the seasons before Neobie started mapping in the TAR style for each leg as things went along, but I'm not sure where that one is. You might be able to do a search of the forum threads for the maps as well.
-- theschnauzers

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2013, 08:52:04 PM »
Okay, I found Neobie's map threads for 15, 17 and 19-22, and updated my KMZ's accordingly (Thanks Neo mah man, if you ever read this)

Are there any more?

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2013, 09:30:59 PM »

I don't quite understand your question. If you mean you can't see the icons, names and descriptions, it seems it takes a bit to load in Google Drive. Try it again. Or, otherwise, please clarify.

I'm so sorry about my bad English. So here's my situation. After I import the kmz file into the Google Maps under My Place-> Create Map -> Import, the icons shown on the map aren't same like the one opened in Google Drive. I cannot see the icons of Roadblock clue, Detour clue, the red and yellow route maker (Route Info), and so on. So my question is how can I fix the icon problem in Google Maps? Is it possible for you to export the file into xml format or other kind of them? Btw, really appreciate your effort for organizing the Races into the map. =]
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2013, 10:05:14 PM »
^^^Are you using Google Earth? I'm not sure how well Google Maps uses the kmz files.

Okay, I found Neobie's map threads for 15, 17 and 19-22, and updated my KMZ's accordingly (Thanks Neo mah man, if you ever read this)

Are there any more?

I uploaded a file on the top of the second page of the pitstops from the foreign editions where I tried to get as exact as possible, but there are quite a few that I have wrong (I marked them with red and included a short reason, if I recall correctly). Not nearly as many points as what you've done, so I'm pretty impressed that someone took the time to do what you did.