The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Google Earth Project

<< < (11/35) > >>

G.B.:

--- Quote from: Best Loser on May 12, 2013, 10:05:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: GB on May 12, 2013, 08:52:04 PM ---Okay, I found Neobie's map threads for 15, 17 and 19-22, and updated my KMZ's accordingly (Thanks Neo mah man, if you ever read this)

Are there any more?

--- End quote ---

I uploaded a file on the top of the second page of the pitstops from the foreign editions where I tried to get as exact as possible, but there are quite a few that I have wrong (I marked them with red and included a short reason, if I recall correctly). Not nearly as many points as what you've done, so I'm pretty impressed that someone took the time to do what you did.

--- End quote ---

It wasn't all done at once, heh. It's been a running project ever since I joined the TAR fandom.

And yeah hotriceguy, I'd suggest getting Google Earth to view these. It's free.

Neobie:
Wow, I've forgotten about this thread for a while, but great job GB! I'll spend some time looking over to compare it with what I and you have!

G.B.:

--- Quote from: Neobie on May 22, 2013, 07:00:29 PM ---Wow, I've forgotten about this thread for a while, but great job GB! I'll spend some time looking over to compare it with what I and you have!

--- End quote ---

Hay dood!

lol, I don't doubt for a single second that there'll be something that's wrong. A lot of something :P

But if you compare the numbers, there's still a lot right  :-[

Neobie:
Checked my "hometowns" of Hong Kong, Singapore, Chicago, and Cambridge; looking good!

Two edits to the Hong Kong maps:
1. Herbal Tea in TAR 2 was on 53 Reclamation St (remembering the street number after 10 years; but I think it's correct), on Kowloon between Saigon and Pak Hoi Sts, not Aberdeen.
2. The tram detour in TAR 19 was on the north side of the island, starting at Hennessy Rd and Queen's Rd E and turning around at the tram roundabout/terminus at the junction of Yee Wo St and Leighton Rd.

I think there was an unaired location in the Chicago finale where the Chicago Fire started... Can someone else verify?

I couldn't access the TAR 16 maps (bounced to TAR 15)... Do you mind checking the link?

theschnauzers:
Neobie, I remember the Mrs. O'Leary's barn being a location as well. Wiki gives a sourced address for the barn as 137 DeKoven Street, Google Maps says the address is currently numbered as 558 West DeKoven.
https://www.google.com/search?q=137+DeKoven+Street&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Hope that helps!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version