<< < (29/35) > >>

G.B.:
This is Europe:

This is Europe on TAR:

Any questions? ;)

georgiapeach:
wow!

Neobie:

--- Quote from: Best Loser on April 24, 2012, 10:48:12 PM ---I read this thread before I went back and rewatched every season, and I noticed that only the Pitstops from the American seasons were covered. I'm not a pro at this like Neobie, and many of these seasons aren't in English, but I tried to be as precise as possible There are a few that aren't correct, ranging from a few yards to...having no clue (help would be appreciated, especially with HaMerotz LaMillion's Finish Line.), so I put in parentheses in the names of those that I know aren't perfect a short description of how off they are. So here are the Pitstops from the International Versions for anyone who's interested.

--- End quote ---

Coming back to HaMerotz LaMillion 1, do we have an idea on where the finish line might be? Wikipedia says Black Rock Valley but I have no idea where that name came from.

The aerial shots show the helicopters flying north past Moke Lake near Queenstown, but the mountains in the area don't match the much lower hills at the finish line. The shadows suggest the teams pushed the globes east toward the finish line, but other than that I don't have much to go on...

Neobie:
Thanks GB, Wcpamotm, Nickf21, and others for a great job! I managed to build upon these to precisely locate (almost) all the locations visited on the US version, including:
- The tea shop in Paris where Kevin/Drew got one of the earliest Fast Forwards (TAR 1)
- The Detour in Mexico where Heather/Eve fell off their donkey (TAR 3)
- The field in Kerala where Tian had trouble holding on to a bull (TAR 4)
- The ox-is-broken fields in both TAR 5 and TAR 25 (nowhere near each other!)
- The temple in Jodhpur where Joyce had her head shaved (TAR 7)
- The factory in Macau where teams had to flatten noodles by sitting on a bamboo pole (TAR 11)
- The arena in Bolivia where teams wrestled with the luchadoras (TAR 13)
- The dock in Guilin where teams fished with comorants (TAR 14)
- The wise man in Varanasi which Ron had trouble finding (TAR 18)
- The temple where Mark/Bopper painted tigers on their bellies (TAR 20)
- The wedding venue in Agra serving as the Pit Stop (TAR 27)
- The beach in Cartagena where teams grilled fish and built shelters (TAR 28)
- The workshop in Dar es Salaam where Brooke had trouble making a ladle (TAR 29)

There are still about a dozen places I still can't locate, many of them in the middle of the desert. Some remaining unknowns are:
- Xau Xarra in Botswana where Brian/Greg crashed their car, and the subsequent Pit Stop in Makgadikgadi Pans (TAR 7)
- The plantation in Te Puke where teams crushed kiwis with their feet (TAR 13)
- The arena in Surabaya where Travis/Nicole coaxed a bird to sing (TAR 23)
If you guys can help me with these (marked as "approx" or "spec"), that'd be awesome!

Ran_Michal:
The finish line of TAR-Israel-1 was 2-3 hours drive from Auckland.
Because of budget issues, the planned final (rumors where - London) was shifted back to NZ with just 2 tasks.
I need to see the episode again in order to find the exact location – Is it available on youtube?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version