The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Google Earth Project

<< < (3/35) > >>

Neobie:
As requested by Apskip via PM, a list of the places pinned. (I'm pretty sure it's up on Wikipedia though.)

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/967/pitstops.jpg

Thanks RealityTVistheBest! I wonder if the Pit Stop was in the cluster of houses near the House of Slaves or near the Fort? I couldn't find photographs that match up perfectly...

I think the closest Pit Stops were the ones in Kolkata, one at the Fountain of Joy and the other at the Victoria Memorial. They're just across the road from each other, less than 100m/300ft apart! DrRox got it right via PM, but you also gave it in a list of five six Pit Stops, so I'm not sure about the prize? :)

Coutzy, I'll let you know once I get to Australia! Thanks for the offer!

Prophet:

--- Quote from: Neobie on June 02, 2011, 09:43:57 AM ---As requested by Apskip via PM, a list of the places pinned. (I'm pretty sure it's up on Wikipedia though.)

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/967/pitstops.jpg

--- End quote ---

Very cool Neobie! That is a list we will be able to look back on as a reference for a long time.

theschnauzers:
I was taking a look last night and I would have picked Kolkuta, as well; I remember thinking it at the time while TAR:UB was in Kolkuta.

Before last season, my two choices would have been the UAE, and TAR 1 in southern Thailand.

Neobie:
I think these Pit Stop pairs were also pretty close?

Shanghai, TAR 6 and 16, 1.04km
Prague, TAR 15, 1.08km
Hong Kong, TAR 2 and 17, 1.33km
Seoul, TAR 4 and 17, 1.33km
St Petersburg, TAR 17, 1.53km

Interesting note: Tiantan Park is slightly off the Beijing meridial axis, but if you go from south to north in a straight line you can go through where Kevin/Drew were eliminated, then where Bilal/Sa'eed were eliminated, then the faux Pit Stop in TAR 14, and finally where LaKisha/Jennifer were eliminated...

Slowhatch:
I think I've found a match, but it's useless because all the photos are captioned "streets of Goree" or something similar. I agree that it's probably in the warren of small streets in the southeast quarter. (photo source)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version