The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Google Earth Project

<< < (21/35) > >>

G.B.:
KMZ for the absolutely spectacular HaMerotz LaMillion 4 added to page two!

Still looking for Bekanaoka Oi...  :gaah:

bubbha:
Not sure how to do this properly (e.g. attach .kmz files), but here, on Google Street View, is GK Teahouse (TAR12, Leg 10 - Taiwan). It's a chain, but this is the one they visited.

After that, they had to find a clown. Here is where they found him. (Being daytime in this image, most of the stalls haven't been set up.)

Then they go to Youth Park and walk barefoot along a health path, covered with small, rounded stones (which can cause pain!). It's hard to see, but it's right in the middle of the image to the right of the end of the path leading into the park.

wcpamotm:
Updated through Race 10, and combined into one KMZ and one annotations pdf (by popular demand).  Some updates from previous submissions; for example I think I have some pretty good evidence as to where the old bridge on Mueng Kut (Race 2) was (note the past tense, as it would no longer exist). 

I probably am going to leave it at this, because Neobie will surely finish TAR 11 before I can.  He does some amazing work and anything I would do that he's already done would likely be redundant at best.

Perhaps I will spend the time instead searching for Ban Plai Pong Pang.

Amazing Race 01-10: kmz   
Amazing Race 01-10: annotations

G.B.:
I thought we found Plai Pong Pang...

wcpamotm:
Never been very happy with where I've located that pitstop, and reviewing the episode again makes me less confident.  It would seem to me that there should be more buildings in the area.  And boats carrying Mary / Peach and Oswald / Danny are shown in a leftward bend of the river, though that might not be immediately after departing as is suggested.

Any location I've found is subject to revision on further examination.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version