Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 237732 times)

Offline kim05

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #600 on: April 24, 2011, 07:00:55 PM »
I wish i could...lol 

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #601 on: April 24, 2011, 07:03:31 PM »
Don't be that way...do tell!!  Pleassssse.  I got my idea, and I am not happy with my guess (Cowboys).

I had better not because then I will have people all mad that I spilled what they have tried so hard to keep quiet. But Peach is right about MAJOR game change!

Just wondering, after the episode's done, could you tell us how you figured it out? The rest of us haven't learned how to speak Peachy yet  :'(

LMAO

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #602 on: April 24, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »
I am wondering who is coming in first...i can't get a handle on that one.

I do not know 100% sure but I speculate it's Herb & Nate or any of the teams except the one that got eliminated! ;)

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #603 on: April 24, 2011, 08:00:34 PM »
thank you god...the cowboys are gone.....what a happy easter day!!!!!!!  :hearts:
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #604 on: April 24, 2011, 08:35:11 PM »
so sad that the cowboys are gone...  :'(
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline steve2011

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #605 on: April 24, 2011, 09:12:53 PM »
 the cowboys are gone :'(

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #606 on: April 24, 2011, 09:48:35 PM »
Just wondering, after the episode's done, could you tell us how you figured it out? The rest of us haven't learned how to speak Peachy yet  :'(

Peach speak is not all that hard... She basically handed it on a silver platter and pretty bow with the video in the summary thread.  Up to that point, I was fairly sure the Cowboys were safe. 

But I got to tell ya... I didn't choose the Cowboys to get eliminated in my game.  I chose Zev & Justin.  We saw some answers in another game that indicated them and then mis-read something at the CBS sight.  The voice inside my head kept thinking of the video but I was explaining it away saying... They get eliminated next week... One more week. OMG
I was going to go change it at the very, very, very last minute to Jet & Cord and by that time I was too late.

The biggest mistake the Dumboys made was Jet taking off and leaving Gary behind. DORK!  See, he thought he was so smart and sneaky and the karma hit him full force in the butt at the end! LOL

Offline kpop_suju13_elf

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #607 on: April 24, 2011, 10:07:14 PM »
  :hearts: I LOVE THIS.. ... Gallory IN Cowboys OUT :neener:
My Final Three is..
1. Gallory
2. Zevtin
3.Jenisha

Offline kpop_suju13_elf

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #608 on: April 24, 2011, 10:10:38 PM »
GO Gary and Mallory!!!!
I think Amazing race is Unfair to the Cowboys they are strong But we need to accept that because it's the part of the Game..... :colors :meow:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #609 on: April 24, 2011, 10:28:04 PM »
:welcome: to RFF kpop!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #610 on: April 24, 2011, 10:36:40 PM »
Peach, I like your new outfit!

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #611 on: April 24, 2011, 10:41:16 PM »
after the episode, Eric is the only person who made it into the final 3 TWICE :groan:

we'll get the fresh new F3!  :lol3:

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #612 on: April 24, 2011, 10:43:37 PM »
I can't wait to watch season 19

Hope there will be a lot of interesting teams.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #613 on: April 24, 2011, 10:58:15 PM »
Let's stay on topic please?? :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #614 on: April 24, 2011, 11:25:41 PM »
I really liked the Detour, but thought that the help that all the racers gave one another was really a huge turn-off. The Roadblock was supposed to be a good one, but there should be a rule written that you cannot help one another. Even if it means Gary and Mallory getting eliminated, at least that's fair.

This just proves that you can't just SOLO on the race and you'll need some help at one point or another.

And i disagree with the statement made that Goths are Dandrewing. They have done so well for the past 2 legs ON THEIR OWN. I correct myself, Vyxsin has done so well for the past 2 legs. :lol:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #615 on: April 24, 2011, 11:35:12 PM »
I am sad Cowboy are gone that elimination! :'( :'(
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline muffin

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #616 on: April 25, 2011, 12:38:14 AM »
I really liked the Detour, but thought that the help that all the racers gave one another was really a huge turn-off. The Roadblock was supposed to be a good one, but there should be a rule written that you cannot help one another. Even if it means Gary and Mallory getting eliminated, at least that's fair.

This just proves that you can't just SOLO on the race and you'll need some help at one point or another.

The cowboys played a fair game. The rests are cheaters. Have been watching the amazing race when they first air and never missed an episode. This episode is just a turn-off. Will stop watching the amazing race from now on.

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #617 on: April 25, 2011, 12:45:38 AM »
I hate to see the Cowboys go.

But great tribute music in the closing....  :js:

The cowboys wouldn't be elimintaed if not for the social factor (other teams helping almost all the others except the cowboys) but it's part of the game. It's becoming a lot like Survivor these days.

I wish K & V will be eliminated next. I actually like them during the first few episodes but Kent is becoming a pain to watch lately.

Hoping gallory wins the race.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #618 on: April 25, 2011, 02:04:07 AM »
Allow me to make a personal request to move excessive outpouring of emotion to some other place.
Especially before an episode airs when spoiling should take precedence.

A little note on editing: We've figured out that Jennifer tells Justin about the loss of her map on their way to Balzers Castle, after the handing-over of answers, so the two scenes were shown to the viewer out of order. It seems to be adding on to the (in my opinion, inane) "cheaters" hatefest going on. But for TPTB, does it achieve a more coherent storyline?

Good job on this leg, guys! And a very strong first impression you're making, Raina!

Also, do you spot Uncle Cameraman in this classic shot? :waves:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:11:35 AM by Neobie »

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #619 on: April 25, 2011, 07:43:48 AM »
Helping each other at different points in the Race is so common.  Teams have helped each other nearly every single season at one point or another, so why is everyone so shocked and appauled and calling foul??

Had Jet not got cocky and sped off leaving Gary behind in the RB, he would have got help too and not had to repeat the task.  The Trotters would probably be gone right now, not the Cowboys.  That was Jet's fault, not anyone else's. JMO

The U-Turns are put there for teams to U-Turn other teams.  It's the nature of the game.  Would the Trotters have made the PS without U-Turning the Boys? Probably.  But Jet and Cord were so close behind them that they couldn't take the risk... Things can change on the way to the PS and they wanted to make sure they had plenty of time. Can't blame the Trotters for covering their own butts.

Now it's time for the Cowboy fans to pick themselves by the boot straps and pick another team to get behind and root for!  Go Gallory! Go Zev & Justin!

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #620 on: April 25, 2011, 07:55:49 AM »
  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( THE COWBOYS!!!!

well, at least they went out with a smile... :tup: and love their music playing as a tribute (also sad that it's probably the last time we'll ever hear it, unless there's an Amazing Race: Heroes vs. Villains)

anybody else noticed how the greeter seemed to be crying watching
Jet and Cord being eliminated?

One more thing... I'm a new member, can anyone tell me how I can add a picture to one of my posts? I don't understand how to do it.
Bring on the 21!

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #621 on: April 25, 2011, 08:02:27 AM »
OH! I have to say one more thing about this leg and then I will move on to figuring out next week...

KENT and Vxysin need to go!  It's like Vxysin put her infant crybaby son in a stroller and pushed him to the park!  Grrrrr WTH Kent?  I swear if these two get into the final three or god forbid win this race... That would be a travesty.   (:;)  JMO

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #622 on: April 25, 2011, 08:04:17 AM »
OH! I have to say one more thing about this leg and then I will move on to figuring out next week...

KENT and Vxysin need to go!  It's like Vxysin put her infant crybaby son in a stroller and pushed him to the park!  Grrrrr WTH Kent?  I swear if these two get into the final three or god forbid win this race... That would be a travesty.   (:;)  JMO

To be fair, he was a lot more cheerful before he cracked his rib.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #623 on: April 25, 2011, 08:08:27 AM »

to be honest, I enjoy watching Kent & Vyxsin, sure they're not the best racers but they're still a lot of fun.

Still, I would pick Jet & Cord over Kent & Vyxsin ANYDAY

Kent's whining is more amusing than annoying, I nearly died laughing watching Vyxsin literally "drag" Kent in the luggage cart
Bring on the 21!

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #624 on: April 25, 2011, 08:27:44 AM »
(but Vyxsin + map = automatic drop in the standings)

My apologies to Vyxsin.  She figured it out on her own, despite her doubts over her wadded-up map, and maintained their third place standing afterall.  Her decision to put Kent in the luggage cart was a riot.