Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 239496 times)

DavidJunior

Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #525 on: April 24, 2011, 01:13:27 AM »
WAIT...maybe goats at the pitstop??

and maybe a goatherder on a hill somewhere around town as the greeter?

Offline bystander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #526 on: April 24, 2011, 01:15:31 AM »
Well we know cowboys can catch up if they are 1 hour behind in the beginning of the leg, (( Passed 2 legs )) but almost 75% through the leg, meh,  I am not sure if they can catch up to beat someone..  

That is why the roadblock is very crucial... If indeed they were U-turned, then they have to be in the middle who finishes the moped task... and gain at least 30-45 minutes from that task ahead of at least 1 team so that it will be just consumed on the detour tasks... The only thing we need to hope is that Gary was able to help in the calculations of Jet, then others redone the task or lost for quite sometime... I do hope they got U-turned than the ones who could have lost the luggage receipt... Losing the receipt is good as getting U-turned... you need to put some effort in finding it first then to realize they have to switch task then have a hard time eating....

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #527 on: April 24, 2011, 01:24:32 AM »
Did I miss something? My cable company lists the finale as May 8th, but that makes only 11 episodes, not 12.

The finale is two hours, two legs (11&12)

does that mean that there's no TBC or NEL before the finale?

Most likely. 

This episode will cut 6 teams down to 5.
Ep.10 (cooks in the kitchen) will cut from 5 to 4.
1st half of finale will cut to final 3 and then the 2nd half will show the champ. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #528 on: April 24, 2011, 02:07:44 AM »
New sports promo up in post #2! 

Not much new there so won't do caps unless someone spots something.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #529 on: April 24, 2011, 02:18:10 AM »
idk if it's just me, but when phil said in the beginning of the season that this season will be different, i want to believe him.  i dont think we are done seeing stuff that surprises us. maybe we will see it in this episode as cbs is focusing mainly on the roadblock and not showing us much on the detours.

Offline bystander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #530 on: April 24, 2011, 02:33:40 AM »

Oh My Gravy, the moment of truth will be tomorrow. I can't handle it already. I want to scream. Haha. XD

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #531 on: April 24, 2011, 03:25:04 AM »

What a lousy promo. :lol:
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #532 on: April 24, 2011, 03:36:36 AM »
PITSTOP CLUE:

What does one cow say??

What do TWO cows say??

Follow the trail to the Pitstop location!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #533 on: April 24, 2011, 03:49:59 AM »
PITSTOP CLUE:

What does one cow say??  Moo

What do TWO cows say??   Moo...Moo...

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #534 on: April 24, 2011, 04:00:59 AM »
PITSTOP CLUE:

What does one cow say??

What do TWO cows say??

Bergrestaurant-Moos??

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #535 on: April 24, 2011, 04:27:11 AM »
ok I know this is off topic but I still don't know what this is on the picture

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #536 on: April 24, 2011, 04:34:11 AM »
PITSTOP CLUE:

What does one cow say??

What do TWO cows say??

Bergrestaurant-Moos??

Oh VERY Good!! :winner
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #537 on: April 24, 2011, 04:35:20 AM »

The questions thread is the best place for this.

But it ia mike, mostly used when they may get WET.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #538 on: April 24, 2011, 04:57:18 AM »

ohhh right.. thanks peach!!

umm.. sorry but I don't know where the questions thread is.. =)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #539 on: April 24, 2011, 05:39:57 AM »

Then for sure it is time to explore the different Amazing Race Forums and see what goes on in them. The Transportation and Map threads are not pinned but below the pinned threads have a lot of info in them.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:00:38 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Phat139

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #540 on: April 24, 2011, 05:42:15 AM »
@ianinator: LOL I thought it was a camera or something like that  :lol:....
You're so thoughtful, Cord :P
You did very well, Jet & Cord... You still smiled and showed respect to each other as a team, even when you were eliminated...
So... now go Gary & Mallory!! Win for the cowboys!!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #541 on: April 24, 2011, 06:07:21 AM »

Racers always wear a wireless microphone. It is normally on the beltline. Everything they say is recorded by the sound man. When racers have to be farther away from the soundman, then they use that chest pack microphone. It is waterproof and more powerful than the belt pack microphone. This enables the racers to be farther away from the soundman.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #542 on: April 24, 2011, 06:27:19 AM »
Well we know cowboys can catch up if they are 1 hour behind in the beginning of the leg, (( Passed 2 legs )) but almost 75% through the leg, meh,  I am not sure if they can catch up to beat someone..  

That is why the roadblock is very crucial... If indeed they were U-turned, then they have to be in the middle who finishes the moped task... and gain at least 30-45 minutes from that task ahead of at least 1 team so that it will be just consumed on the detour tasks... The only thing we need to hope is that Gary was able to help in the calculations of Jet, then others redone the task or lost for quite sometime... I do hope they got U-turned than the ones who could have lost the luggage receipt... Losing the receipt is good as getting U-turned... you need to put some effort in finding it first then to realize they have to switch task then have a hard time eating....

bystander.........

I really dont mean to rain on your speculations or calculations. From the Transportation Thread, we know that the racers "probably" arrived in Feldkick at approx 0946. We know that Kisha/Jen caught a 1239 train in Sargans to Zurick. So give them 14 minutes to get from Feldkirk Station to Schaanwald and start the moped RB. It is only 3 miles from the station to Schaanwald. Then give Kisha/Jen 39 minutes to get from Balzers Castle by bus to Sargans station to catch that train.

It probably means that it took Jen about 2 hours to do that RB. We are talking about measuring a course ~13-14 miles long, with a speed limit of 30mph. How many times does it appear that Jen traveled that course.....in all directions? It appears to me that Jen had to do 3 trips. 1st one down and wrong answer. 2nd one back to the north border. 3rd one down south. Since she knows where to go this time, she gets a right answer and then is off to the trains. Since she appears to be working with Justin, one could assume he got an incorrect answer too. As Jen said.......she thinks All the teams will be doing it over. I think placing teams in any kind of order, will be very misleading from the info we have at this time.

As far as the W-Turn, I am with the_schnauzers. I just dont see any team using it. The only one that I would think would do that, K/V, have already used theirs. Teams are not stupid. They will all realize they are just one clue away from the Pit Stop. I think they will all decline U-Turning any other team and haul buns to the Pit Stop.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:35:52 AM by DrRox »

Offline Phat139

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #543 on: April 24, 2011, 06:31:23 AM »

Racers always wear a wireless microphone. It is normally on the beltline. Everything they say is recorded by the sound man. When racers have to be farther away from the soundman, then they use that chest pack microphone. It is waterproof and more powerful than the belt pack microphone. This enables the racers to be farther away from the soundman.
Oh wow thanks... I didn't know that :P
Can you give me the link to post questions about TAR, I want to ask something... (like how can they film when they doing difficult task like diving, climbing, racing...)
... oh and I think Jet & Cord will be safe next leg, 'cuz I noticed that their confession in the promo was from previous episode, not the newset... is that a way to "fish" viewers from CBS? 'Cuz they did know that there were a lot of Jet & Cord fans here... :D
You did very well, Jet & Cord... You still smiled and showed respect to each other as a team, even when you were eliminated...
So... now go Gary & Mallory!! Win for the cowboys!!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #544 on: April 24, 2011, 06:42:38 AM »

Oh wow thanks... I didn't know that :P
Can you give me the link to post questions about TAR, I want to ask something... (like how can they film when they doing difficult task like diving, climbing, racing...)
... oh and I think Jet & Cord will be safe next leg, 'cuz I noticed that their confession in the promo was from previous episode, not the newset... is that a way to "fish" viewers from CBS? 'Cuz they did know that there were a lot of Jet & Cord fans here... :D

Check out THE AMAZING RACE DISCUSSION FORUM here

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/board,72.0.html

It is for all non spoiler discussions. Lots of threads there for different kinds of questions.

Offline bystander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #545 on: April 24, 2011, 07:28:05 AM »

bystander.........

I really dont mean to rain on your speculations or calculations. From the Transportation Thread, we know that the racers "probably" arrived in Feldkick at approx 0946. We know that Kisha/Jen caught a 1239 train in Sargans to Zurick. So give them 14 minutes to get from Feldkirk Station to Schaanwald and start the moped RB. It is only 3 miles from the station to Schaanwald. Then give Kisha/Jen 39 minutes to get from Balzers Castle by bus to Sargans station to catch that train.

It probably means that it took Jen about 2 hours to do that RB. We are talking about measuring a course ~13-14 miles long, with a speed limit of 30mph. How many times does it appear that Jen traveled that course.....in all directions? It appears to me that Jen had to do 3 trips. 1st one down and wrong answer. 2nd one back to the north border. 3rd one down south. Since she knows where to go this time, she gets a right answer and then is off to the trains. Since she appears to be working with Justin, one could assume he got an incorrect answer too. As Jen said.......she thinks All the teams will be doing it over. I think placing teams in any kind of order, will be very misleading from the info we have at this time.

As far as the W-Turn, I am with the_schnauzers. I just dont see any team using it. The only one that I would think would do that, K/V, have already used theirs. Teams are not stupid. They will all realize they are just one clue away from the Pit Stop. I think they will all decline U-Turning any other team and haul buns to the Pit Stop.

I understand if you wanted to rain on my speculations. There weren't major calculations on what I posted. What I just wanted to say was that they need that lead to at least equalize the U-turn that may or may not place into them... As for your calculations, I do hope that only jen and justin recalculated or any team other than my bets (jet/cord & gary/mallory)... It does give me hopes that the cowboys are not eliminated, but I do hope if they are safe that they place somewhere in the top three that leg...  :tup:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #546 on: April 24, 2011, 07:40:11 AM »
Also something else to think about. Teams face a 5.5 to 6.5 hour bus/train journey after the RB. There are multiple, multiple connections till that last connecting point Visp. I suspect we will see teams all bunching up at that choke point. For the most part, trains run once an hour from Visp to Zermatt, except about the time we expect teams to arrive in Visp. There is a 1510 train, then about a 1640 train, then a 1710 train..........Kisha/Jen were probably on the 1640 train. That give other teams an extra 30 minutes to catch up for that train. Then only 30 minutes to next train, instead of the normal hour wait.

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #547 on: April 24, 2011, 07:52:21 AM »

Then for sure it is time to explore the different Amazing Race Forums and see what goes on in them. The Transportation and Map threads are not pinned but below the pinned threads have a lot of info in them.

WILL DO SIR!!!  :yess:

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #548 on: April 24, 2011, 07:53:22 AM »

I thought it was like a pocket or something.. =)))

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #549 on: April 24, 2011, 07:59:05 AM »
So... he will make an appearance? Maybe at Balzers castle? It would be smart of WRP to feature a well known figure among the people there. They are usually good about that.  :js:

Could he be the Pitstop Greeter?  Oh Wait... The Pitstop will be in Switzerland.  Nevermind. LOL