Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 238450 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #500 on: April 23, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »
Did I miss something? My cable company lists the finale as May 8th, but that makes only 11 episodes, not 12.

The finale is two hours, two legs (11&12) so change your DVR settings NOW!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #501 on: April 23, 2011, 06:56:35 PM »
Here's a clue...

Who's the most famous (well know) living Liechtensteiner?

The only Liechtensteiners I can put names to are the skiing Wenzel family that won a bunch of Olympic medals in the 70s and 80s.

Offline crystiluv

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Go Gary and Mallory!
« Reply #502 on: April 23, 2011, 07:20:53 PM »
I think this logo matches what we see behind them?

In which case this may be where they are, even up on the hillside in the picture??

Vorarlbergerstrasse 220, Schaanwald,  9486, Liechtenstein

You GE guys will have to say if this is a match?

View Larger Map

:hearts: :<3 This must be it. The logo definitely matches and the location appears to be right because it's before Schaanwald where we think the mopeds are being rented or whatever. :hearts: :<3
Amazing Race is Amazing. Ever noticed?

Gary/Mallory & Jet/Cord for TAR 18.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #503 on: April 23, 2011, 07:23:06 PM »
Here's a clue...

The only Liechtensteiners I can put names to are the skiing Wenzel family that won a bunch of Olympic medals in the 70s and 80s.

How about Marco Büchel??
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #504 on: April 23, 2011, 07:54:46 PM »
Here's a clue...

How about Marco Büchel??
Yep!
I consider the Wenzel's to be German - although the Olympic committee disagrees...
Did you know that Liechtensteiners have won more Olympic gold medals per capita than any other country?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #505 on: April 23, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »
So... he will make an appearance? Maybe at Balzers castle? It would be smart of WRP to feature a well known figure among the people there. They are usually good about that.  :js:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #506 on: April 23, 2011, 08:50:38 PM »
Did I miss something? My cable company lists the finale as May 8th, but that makes only 11 episodes, not 12.

If I recall correctly, its a two hour finale with 2 legs. I remember reading something about a two hour finale, but I may be mistaken.
Yep, it's a two-hour finale I think... two legs in 1 episode (???)
OMG thats awesome   :fun :fun   how is it gonna work out with elimination.. like i dont think theres anymore non-elims
so the point is... will the last team be eliminated every leg up till the finale?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 08:59:21 PM by auburnsuperfan97 »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #507 on: April 23, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »

If I recall correctly, its a two hour finale with 2 legs. I remember reading something about a two hour finale, but I may be mistaken.
OMG thats awesome   :fun :fun   how is it gonna work out with elimination.. like i dont think theres anymore non-elims
so the point is... will the last team be eliminated every leg up till the finale?
It will be just like in Season 6, the first hour will have the final elimination and the second hour will have the race to the Finish Line
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline crystiluv

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Go Gary and Mallory!
« Reply #508 on: April 23, 2011, 10:11:33 PM »
It will be just like in Season 6, the first hour will have the final elimination and the second hour will have the race to the Finish Line

It's gonna be a lot of fun...  :fun
Amazing Race is Amazing. Ever noticed?

Gary/Mallory & Jet/Cord for TAR 18.

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #509 on: April 23, 2011, 10:13:28 PM »

Thats interesting

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #510 on: April 23, 2011, 10:22:15 PM »
The finale can be discussed in the Finale discussion thread. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #511 on: April 23, 2011, 10:31:58 PM »
Since the fountain is centrally located (2 min walk from both the Mont Cervin Palace Hotel and the fondue restaurant), and we do need just one location left to solve besides the Pit Stop...

I'm calling my fountain as the W-Turn spot then? :jam:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 10:36:30 PM by Neobie »

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #512 on: April 23, 2011, 10:32:26 PM »
3 more weeks of the amazing race UNFINISHED BUSINESS?????

=((((

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #513 on: April 23, 2011, 10:40:21 PM »
Since the fountain is centrally located (2 min walk from both the Mont Cervin Palace Hotel and the fondue restaurant), and we do need just one location left to solve besides the Pit Stop...

I'm calling my fountain as the W-Turn spot then? :jam:

YES!! :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Good job Neobie!! This leg is all yours!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #514 on: April 23, 2011, 11:15:13 PM »
Did you give the answer the lonely goatherd clue yet?  Because the song is STILL stuck in my head. :) 

If not, in my random wanderings I've discovered there's a goat promenade in Zermatt every morning and every evening... but I think the teams arrive too late for that to have any significance. :lol:       B:)

Perhaps "High on the Hill" is a reference... to I don't know... there are some hotels on nearby hills... and an English church... and some other stuff. 

Or... lonely goatherd.. high on a hill... Sound of Music... I'll just go to bed instead.  :waves: Happy Easter!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #515 on: April 23, 2011, 11:17:07 PM »
Goats. :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #516 on: April 23, 2011, 11:19:29 PM »
Happy Easter Everyone at RFF!

Anyways great job everyone, you are all fantastic and that is why I love this site so much!!!!!

Happy Easter Again!

Offline bystander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #517 on: April 23, 2011, 11:21:09 PM »
Did you give the answer the lonely goatherd clue yet?  Because the song is STILL stuck in my head. :) 

If not, in my random wanderings I've discovered there's a goat promenade in Zermatt every morning and every evening... but I think the teams arrive too late for that to have any significance. :lol:       B:)

Perhaps "High on the Hill" is a reference... to I don't know... there are some hotels on nearby hills... and an English church... and some other stuff. 

Or... lonely goatherd.. high on a hill... Sound of Music... I'll just go to bed instead.  :waves: Happy Easter!
OMG, I always thought that the lonely goatherd is a clue to the team who gets eliminated...   :duno:

Offline bystander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #518 on: April 23, 2011, 11:24:04 PM »
more clues, please. <--- I do really love your clues Peach... I always try to solve it, but had no guts to really post what I think about it... I'm a cowboy fan that's why I'm getting more nervous everyday... I hope the cowboys will be safe this leg...  :'(

And this one's for you bystander...so you BETTER comment!! Even if it just to say has peach lost her mind??!!  :lol:

OH MY PEACH............... You had really lost your mind!
I have been viewing the video three times already... AND many things are going through my mind right now...

Does the video had something to do with the girl and goatherd??? <--- just one of the things going on my mind! hehe XD
I've been thinking about the promo where Gary went with Jet.... Is it possible that both of them helped each other to get the correct answer... It is seen in the video that Gary wants to go with Jet...
Jen w/ Justin ----> makes easier navigation
Gary w/ Jet ----> makes easier calculation

Vyxin ----> alone; as compared to JenJustin & GaryJet
FT ----> not seen on the video... but was alone also in the previous promos
ALONE ----> bad navigation and you only have yourself for the calculation, no one to confirm it with unlike the pairing of two teams

If Gary gets it right, then probably Jet will just follow Gary's calculation since he was sure he had a wrong turn... therefore most probably Gary and Jet finished this task at the same time... as it is true also for Justin and Jen...
It made me think they almost started the moped task the same time.... If Jet had the wrong turn, there's a possibility that FT had a wrong turn too or had it right... while Jet was making up for the wrong turn... Gary was able to catch up....
----> Either of these two teams U-turned the cowboys (thinking that the cowboys were really U-turned; Zev and Justin most probably did it)
[Vyxin or FT probably places here unless they got lost or need to redo the task]
Gary & Mallory / Jet & Cord ---> Won't probably U-turn each other as they went together
----> If ever Jet & Cord arrived on the U-turn Mat before Gary & Mallory, I think they won't U-turn them, or vice-versa because They are Good american people... ( both teams I really think are good people... hehe)
[Vyxin or FT probably places here if they got lost or need to redo to calculate again]
I do really hope so that it will not be the cowboys who will get eliminated...  :js:

Any thoughts on what I posted earlier???

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #519 on: April 23, 2011, 11:38:08 PM »
more clues, please. <--- I do really love your clues Peach... I always try to solve it, but had no guts to really post what I think about it... I'm a cowboy fan that's why I'm getting more nervous everyday... I hope the cowboys will be safe this leg...  :'(

And this one's for you bystander...so you BETTER comment!! Even if it just to say has peach lost her mind??!!  :lol:

OH MY PEACH............... You had really lost your mind!
I have been viewing the video three times already... AND many things are going through my mind right now...

Does the video had something to do with the girl and goatherd??? <--- just one of the things going on my mind! hehe XD
I've been thinking about the promo where Gary went with Jet.... Is it possible that both of them helped each other to get the correct answer... It is seen in the video that Gary wants to go with Jet...
Jen w/ Justin ----> makes easier navigation
Gary w/ Jet ----> makes easier calculation

Vyxin ----> alone; as compared to JenJustin & GaryJet
FT ----> not seen on the video... but was alone also in the previous promos
ALONE ----> bad navigation and you only have yourself for the calculation, no one to confirm it with unlike the pairing of two teams

If Gary gets it right, then probably Jet will just follow Gary's calculation since he was sure he had a wrong turn... therefore most probably Gary and Jet finished this task at the same time... as it is true also for Justin and Jen...
It made me think they almost started the moped task the same time.... If Jet had the wrong turn, there's a possibility that FT had a wrong turn too or had it right... while Jet was making up for the wrong turn... Gary was able to catch up....
----> Either of these two teams U-turned the cowboys (thinking that the cowboys were really U-turned; Zev and Justin most probably did it)
[Vyxin or FT probably places here unless they got lost or need to redo the task]
Gary & Mallory / Jet & Cord ---> Won't probably U-turn each other as they went together
----> If ever Jet & Cord arrived on the U-turn Mat before Gary & Mallory, I think they won't U-turn them, or vice-versa because They are Good american people... ( both teams I really think are good people... hehe)
[Vyxin or FT probably places here if they got lost or need to redo to calculate again]
I do really hope so that it will not be the cowboys who will get eliminated...  :js:

Any thoughts on what I posted earlier???

Hahaha in the promo, jennifer & justin made a mistake i guess. Cos jen mentioned "I bet all the teams have to do this all over again".
I agree with you on the jet & gary part. (Haha mostly cos im a cowboy fan LOL. And also it made sense).
Im pretty sure Jet & Gary will help each other out in the task.
It's hard to predict the verdict of Kent/Vyxin because Vyxin said (in promo 1B) -> "The cowboys are gonna get iced" and they were looking pretty happy.
Let's assume the cowboys are u-turned. The only team that would u-turn the cowboys are FT&BE and Zev/Justin.
As i mentioned, Jen & Justin made a mistake.
Therefore, i think the order of the teams finishing the roadblock is

1) Kent & Vyxin
2) FT & BE
2) Jet & Cord
3) Gary & Mallory
5) Zev/Justin
6) Jen & Kisha

And FT & BE u-turned the cowboys.

I speculate that the team that have trouble with the food is Jen & Kisha followed by Kent & Vyxin for the luggage task.

:)

Just my guess.
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline bystander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #520 on: April 24, 2011, 12:07:28 AM »

Hahaha in the promo, jennifer & justin made a mistake i guess. Cos jen mentioned "I bet all the teams have to do this all over again".
I agree with you on the jet & gary part. (Haha mostly cos im a cowboy fan LOL. And also it made sense).
Im pretty sure Jet & Gary will help each other out in the task.
It's hard to predict the verdict of Kent/Vyxin because Vyxin said (in promo 1B) -> "The cowboys are gonna get iced" and they were looking pretty happy.
Let's assume the cowboys are u-turned. The only team that would u-turn the cowboys are FT&BE and Zev/Justin.
As i mentioned, Jen & Justin made a mistake.
Therefore, i think the order of the teams finishing the roadblock is

1) Kent & Vyxin
2) FT & BE
2) Jet & Cord
3) Gary & Mallory
5) Zev/Justin
6) Jen & Kisha

And FT & BE u-turned the cowboys.

I speculate that the team that have trouble with the food is Jen & Kisha followed by Kent & Vyxin for the luggage task.

:)

Just my guess.

I remembered that Peach once posted that Vyxin is doing quite a nice job navigating this season...
Thinking more about it, I think Vyxin did it slowly but surely... Though it took her long to do the task, but she did it in one try... making them the first one to finish it...

Did really jen & justin made a mistake??? maybe I wasn't able to hear what jen said in the caps... I thought she said... something like... she doesn't want to do it all over again... it is more on they are helping each other to go to the end of the task... but thinking on what you have said, and by the looks on how jen is worried... they might have redone the task to get the correct length...

by the statement of Kent and Vyxin... they can't be the one who U-turned the cowboys... but by the looks of it... somebody was at the U-turn Mat before them... they might have seen the cowboys being U-turned... But I can't see it fit why they were on a bus, not unless they were going to a pit stop which is unlikely because they could have taken a cab... These statement might have been said on the bus going to the detour... things are still vague for me....

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #521 on: April 24, 2011, 12:28:10 AM »
Well we know cowboys can catch up if they are 1 hour behind in the beginning of the leg, (( Passed 2 legs )) but almost 75% through the leg, meh,  I am not sure if they can catch up to beat someone..  

Offline Phat139

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #522 on: April 24, 2011, 12:48:43 AM »
Hi guys, I'm a new member here, and my name is Phat, from Vietnam ^^
Here we really love watching TAR, on AXN channel, not CBS, 'cuz we didn't have it :P

BTW, Happy Easter everyone!!  :hearts:

P/S: oh yeah, and I'm a BIG Jet&Cord's fan  :hearts: I hope they will survive next leg, make it to the F3 and win the 1 million buck!!
You did very well, Jet & Cord... You still smiled and showed respect to each other as a team, even when you were eliminated...
So... now go Gary & Mallory!! Win for the cowboys!!

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #523 on: April 24, 2011, 12:58:05 AM »
 :bigwelcome Phat139.  Happy Easter everyone! I hope all of you have a great day!  As for me, I will be serving chinese all day and coming home to watch the race online!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 02:15:47 AM by eddieshi1 »

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #524 on: April 24, 2011, 01:11:57 AM »

The finale is two hours, two legs (11&12)

does that mean that there's no TBC or NEL before the finale?