Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 238415 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2011, 01:11:31 PM »
Do keep an eye on the first 4 posts of this thread, am trying to keep an update going!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »
Really wish we could get a promo someday. :pull
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:47:01 PM by The Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2011, 04:26:56 PM »
i agree about the promo but we are to good for the producers :neener: but right now i think its route info to leichenstein(sp?) speedbump/ roadblock then detour/uturn possibly 2 more route infos b4 the pit stop i have a feeling there throwin an extra route info in there. any1 kno about the speed bump? though i mean think about it usually a speedbump is placed before a route info or detour usually

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2011, 04:44:16 PM »
The course is:

Speedbump/Roadblock in Liechtenstein
Detour/Uturn in Zermatt
Pitstop>>Zermatt

Throw the route infos in wherever you want. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2011, 05:00:57 PM »
Thanks racer! Great summary. I thought of Joe and Heidi when I saw the W U turn making an appearance. If you are going to have a tool that puts one team in charge of another team's destiny, at least plan it so they have a chance to catch up. grrr.
However, with the chance of now being two teams having to backtrack makes it less unfair in this case.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2011, 05:23:01 PM »
WHAT IS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DETOUR ??? :ascared :ascared :ascared :ascared
its ok if yall dont know I was just wondering. I know one is the cheese fondue.. but idk the other.

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2011, 05:27:48 PM »
its ok if yall dont know I was just wondering. I know one is the cheese fondue.. but idk the other.
According to what has been posted it's some kind of luggage task at one of the local hotels. Teams acting like bellhops?  I couldn't find any pictures that matched with the outfits we see Jet and Cord wearing.  They kind of look like the horse-carriage driver outfits from two of the luxury hotels, but the colors are all wrong.   And they're more bellhopy than those outfits anyway.  Just didn't think they fit the color schemes of those two hotels.  If only we had a location shot!

It would be nice if there was a route info or task after the detour.  It would be pretty late at night by the time they finish detours, though.  What's there to do so late in the night? 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 05:41:47 PM by raina »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2011, 06:01:05 PM »
Here's Neobie's report on the hotel business:

THE LOCAL HOTELS
There seems to have been a task with teams carrying luggage from the train station to hotels around the area. Teams were reportedly running up and down Bahnhofstrasse and Hinterdorfstrasse. Some possible hotels are the Mont Cervin Palace, the Hotel Phoenix and the Hotel Primavera. On another note, production was housed at the Hotel Ambassador, not far from the train station.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2011, 06:12:49 PM »

Always a good idea to read the thread!! And as I said, the first 4 posts in this thread have updates and promos so you can find the answer there if you can't wade thru the whole thread.  :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2011, 06:13:29 PM »
Here's Neobie's report on the hotel business:

THE LOCAL HOTELS
There seems to have been a task with teams carrying luggage from the train station to hotels around the area. Teams were reportedly running up and down Bahnhofstrasse and Hinterdorfstrasse. Some possible hotels are the Mont Cervin Palace, the Hotel Phoenix and the Hotel Primavera. On another note, production was housed at the Hotel Ambassador, not far from the train station.

Thanks much  :tup: :tup: :tup:     i really do not want Jet and Cord eliminated! I would be very disappointed  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline crystiluv

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Go Gary and Mallory!
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2011, 06:42:11 PM »
Ok, so it looks like Gary/Mallory were tied with the pack until a certain point with the slow taxi. The question it, when is the taxi? All I can tell is that there is a bunch of yellow buses and there is definitely a bus lane. Is it a train station? From the looks of it, it's not Zermatt, because of the buses and buildings. And I do know there are yellow buses in Liechtenstein. If I were to make a guess, it looks a little bit like Vaduz, Liechtenstein.
Amazing Race is Amazing. Ever noticed?

Gary/Mallory & Jet/Cord for TAR 18.

Offline bystander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2011, 06:57:35 PM »
I have a gut feeling that says one of the globetrotters will say "We're Good American People".

I guess this line was said by a team when they are on the W-Turn Mat or just right after it. LOL

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2011, 07:02:56 PM »
Ok, so it looks like Gary/Mallory were tied with the pack until a certain point with the slow taxi. The question it, when is the taxi? All I can tell is that there is a bunch of yellow buses and there is definitely a bus lane. Is it a train station? From the looks of it, it's not Zermatt, because of the buses and buildings. And I do know there are yellow buses in Liechtenstein. If I were to make a guess, it looks a little bit like Vaduz, Liechtenstein.

Gary and Mallory are chasing down a taxi at the train station in FELDKIRCH, AUSTRIA. This is the Austrian jumping-off point to Liechtenstein, and where I based myself because Liechtenstein was so crazily expensive to stay in!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2011, 07:12:21 PM »
I saw a promo on Survivor. The Globestrotters **MAY** U-Turn the Cowboys.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2011, 07:25:12 PM »
why what was the conversation like that made you think this or is it up on cbs.com?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2011, 07:26:31 PM »
why what was the conversation like that made you think this or is it up on cbs.com?

It's complete speculation because they showed their confessionals consecutively and they were both talking big.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2011, 07:28:36 PM »
o okay. for some reason i feel like kisha and jen will be uturned as well probably by Gallory. i think kisha and jen get lost or cant complete the road block most likely the former.

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2011, 07:29:15 PM »

It's complete speculation because they showed their confessionals consecutively and they were both talking big.

By 'both,' do you mean Flight Time and Big Easy or the Globetrotters and the Cowboys?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2011, 07:31:04 PM »
In their confessionals (the Cowboys' and the Globetrotters'), they were both talking about being competitive. That's all I know.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »
One helpful thing I did see was the exact route they are taking on the mopeds. I also saw that Flight Time, Gary, and Jet are doing the Roadblock.

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
In their confessionals (the Cowboys' and the Globetrotters'), they were both talking about being competitive. That's all I know.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2011, 07:35:23 PM »
I sure hope so too. :)

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2011, 07:40:43 PM »
Since the roadblock is relatively easy... Gallory have that speed bump @ one of those  :duno:    That wont help Gallory catch up w/ the pack much. Gallory need to not be u-turned in order to not be eliminated... Its a matter of who gets to that U-turn first. I really hope Jet and Cord get to the u-turn first and u-turn somebody... hopefully kent and vyxsin  :yess: :yess: :yess:

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2011, 07:43:23 PM »
Since the roadblock is relatively easy... Gallory have that speed bump @ one of those  :duno:    That wont help Gallory catch up w/ the pack much. Gallory need to not be u-turned in order to not be eliminated... Its a matter of who gets to that U-turn first. I really hope Jet and Cord get to the u-turn first and u-turn somebody... hopefully kent and vyxsin  :yess: :yess: :yess:
We already know Jet and Cord get u turned so they CAN'T  be first at the u-turn :tup: :tup: :tup:
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2011, 07:47:50 PM »
We already know Jet and Cord get u turned so they CAN'T  be first at the u-turn :tup: :tup: :tup:
Darn it  (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)
Well... do yall know who else got u-turned? Im sure Jet and Cord are safe bc they are always successful @ detours.. ..very efficient!