Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 237705 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2011, 05:01:20 PM »
Jet and Cord must be Uturned  :'( that's why they do the luggage and eating.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

laimis

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »
DOUBLE UTURN!!

:ascared :ascared :ascared :ascared

"We're Good American People" (Switzerland) - The stress of the Race begins to take its toll when a Double U-Turn is revealed, and one Team struggles to consume a local delicacy while others become acquainted with Swiss hospitality, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

wow, again : O

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2011, 05:23:08 PM »
Wow, a W-Turn again!?! 

What does that mean for Gary and Mallory I wonder?  If teams are smart, they should U-Turn them as it could be the final nail.  Of course that will depend on who gets to the U-Turn first.  Just looked like G&M were having trouble getting a cab in the preview.  Hmm. 

paldog123456

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »
Hopefully a chance for Gary and Mallory to catch up!  :hearts:

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2011, 05:27:57 PM »
Hopefully a chance for Gary and Mallory to catch up!  :hearts:

or to fall further behind!  :snicker:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2011, 05:29:34 PM »
TPTB have been building a storyline for the Cowboys to be U-Turned...if anyone else is U-Turned, it may be the Goths because the other teams aren't exactly friends with them.

Offline Shiryu01

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2011, 06:13:36 PM »
These may be the last famous words, BUT for the cowboys a double u-turn is better than a normal u-turn. They are always VERY quick at performing tasks, that's where they usually catch up. If another team is in their same predicament, they might pull ahead - providing they don't get there last or something like that.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2011, 07:38:30 PM »
Yes, if the Cowboys are the first ones U-Turned, they have a better chance because they may U-Turn somebody else to save themselves. Otherwise, not so much.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2011, 07:45:46 PM »
DOUBLE UTURN!!

"We're Good American People" (Switzerland) - The stress of the Race begins to take its toll when a Double U-Turn is revealed, and one Team struggles to consume a local delicacy while others become acquainted with Swiss hospitality, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

wow, again : O

One team struggles to consume a local delicacy ---> jet/cord
Swiss hospitality ---> ???

Oh dear.... :( pls survive jet/cord. I have a bad feeling bout this.
Hope its like tar16 whr the team tt did the swiss hospitality task ended up like joe/heidi or sth >…<
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:50:58 PM by livingincm »
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2011, 07:46:21 PM »
Is the rule of only being allowed to use the u-turn once per season still in effect? If so, can we assume that kent/vyxsin aren't allowed to u-turn any other team this week since they already used up their u-turn in china?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2011, 07:48:11 PM »
I would assume that the Goths only had one Courtesy of Photo, which they used in Kunming. I speculated up the thread that the Goths may be U-Turned. :tup:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2011, 08:05:59 PM »
These may be the last famous words, BUT for the cowboys a double u-turn is better than a normal u-turn. They are always VERY quick at performing tasks, that's where they usually catch up. If another team is in their same predicament, they might pull ahead - providing they don't get there last or something like that.

Now, I thought about a strategy to counter that...if two teams decide to cooperate with the U-Turn to just affect the cowboys, two teams can agree that:
one of them U-Turns the cowboys and
the other team u-turns a team that is already ahead of them (to cancel the second U-Turn)

farfetched but it could work in theory
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »

Now, I thought about a strategy to counter that...if two teams decide to cooperate with the U-Turn to just affect the cowboys, two teams can agree that:
the other team u-turns a team that is already ahead of them (to cancel the second U-Turn)

To further extend this thought, the second team could just U-Turn the team that used the first U-Turn.

Also: 'Swiss hospitality' = hotel task mentioned by Neobie upthread.  :tup:
Though, this Detour is shaping up to be 'power eating' (though, much like before, with something delicious) vs 'lift heavy things'. For the second week in a row.  :res:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »

Though, this Detour is shaping up to be 'power eating' (though, much like before, with something delicious) vs 'lift heavy things'. For the second week in a row.  :res:

Not only life heavy things but deliver them to specific locations. :lol3: Are they running out of ideas?

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2011, 08:37:27 PM »
DOUBLE UTURN!!

"We're Good American People" (Switzerland) - The stress of the Race begins to take its toll when a Double U-Turn is revealed, and one Team struggles to consume a local delicacy while others become acquainted with Swiss hospitality, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

I think the teams who are U-Turned are the Cowboys (they're really strong) and Kent & Vyksin (they're unpopular).

Belle Book

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2011, 08:38:24 PM »
Now this means that the Roadblock is after the Detour, or else that's what you call bad planning. :o
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2011, 08:38:42 PM »

One thing we know for sure is that the cowboys are u-turned.

It is a genius idea. Cos everyone (i mean everyone ; Zev/Justin, Ron/Chris, Gary/Mallory etc.) have either said "the cowboys are intimidating" or "it's the cowboys. Pretty sure they would catch up". But i think this kinda strategy is only thought by the ppl from survivor. But it would b a more likely thing IF

1) Route info from pitstop says > Careful, W-TURN ahead! As teams would b in the train, they might have ample time to actually socialize and discuss strategy w/ each other.

2) 2 teams arrived at the w-turn & the idea just came to them and tada.. cowboys u-turned.

I just hope that the roadblock would be an easy task for the cowboys but a hard task for the other teams haha! :) Just like the dinosaur puzzle in china.
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline Shiryu01

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2011, 08:40:44 PM »

To further extend this thought, the second team could just U-Turn the team that used the first U-Turn.

Though, this Detour is shaping up to be 'power eating' (though, much like before, with something delicious) vs 'lift heavy things'. For the second week in a row.  :res:
That would borderline on conspiracy, but it could certainly happen, although I personally would find it a bit mean. And it's also possible that the cowboys or somebody else mistakenly u-turn a team ahead. A lot of it will depend on how hard the roadblock is and on where it's located, last time we had detour before dinosour RB and everyone managed to catch up, BUT now Jet is not wearing the hotel uniform on the scooter, so it could be RB before detour? Now that would be almost a nail in the coffin. :'(
PS, I think the team struggling with the food challenge are Zev/Justin, judging from the promo. Justin didn't sound too happy there.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2011, 08:45:30 PM »

That would borderline on conspiracy, but it could certainly happen, although I personally would find it a bit mean. And it's also possible that the cowboys or somebody else mistakenly u-turn a team ahead. A lot of it will depend on how hard the roadblock is and on where it's located, last time we had detour before dinosour RB and everyone managed to catch up, BUT now Jet is not wearing the hotel uniform on the scooter, so it could be RB before detour? Now that would be almost a nail in the coffin. :'(
PS, I think the team struggling with the food challenge are Zev/Justin, judging from the promo. Justin didn't sound too happy there.

It is just extremely poor planning if the roadblock comes before the detour. Because there's no way in hell for the u-turned teams to catch up. So im guessing it's a route info to measure the length of Liechtenstein. Otherwise it's just not fair.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2011, 09:26:44 PM »
"We're Good American People" (Switzerland) - The stress of the Race begins to take its toll when a Double U-Turn is revealed, and one Team struggles to consume a local delicacy while otherS become acquainted with Swiss hospitality, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

This suggests that most team went to do the swiss hospitality detour (otherS). Bet its due to the phobia from vienna, austria. :)

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »

The team that used the first U-Turn would be considered to have passed the U-Turn point, though. So technically if they were U-Turned, it would not have any effect.

Edit: Yes, I am an idiot  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:22:23 PM by connayyy »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2011, 10:11:35 PM »
Don't forget Gary and Mallory have to do a speed bump.  If the detour comes before the roadblock, the odds are the speed bump would come before the detour.  Which would point to Gary and Mallory being the last team reaching the Detour.

-- theschnauzers

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2011, 10:11:47 PM »

The team that used the first U-Turn would be considered to have passed the U-Turn point, though. So technically if they were U-Turned, it would not have any effect.

I think that is the point  :lol:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2011, 10:15:19 PM »
Hmm..I could imagine FT/BE being U-Turned again, ala Eric & Danielle.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2011, 10:23:36 PM »
Double post.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:59:48 PM by AmazingRace »