Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 237711 times)

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 04:23:12 AM »

Do you guys think this is a detour which involves having to eat within the time frame given (same as the Ferris wheel task)? And

This being a roadblock?

The thing that questions me is... in the electric bicycle task jet/cord are wearing different clothings compared to when they're doing the cheese fondue task. Could it be that they actually switched detours..? Because Zev/Justin are wearing their usual clothes.

If im right.. that could put them into last place or something.. Because they don't look very happy eating that thing and normally you would change out of that outfit if you ain't rushing right? Sobsob.. cowboys you'd better be in the final 3 or imma whoop your butt  (:;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:30:44 AM by livingincm »
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 05:01:35 AM »
^ The motopeds are in Lichtenstain as we know, but then the teams go to Zermaat. So IMO the motopeds is a RB and then the fondue probably a detour in a restaurant in Zermaat. Although why any team would choose a food detour after what happened to Vienna is beyond me.

livingincm is right about the clothes in the fondue scenes, the cowboys are wearing a military style uniform unlike Zev and Justin.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:05:07 AM by kikisak »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 05:06:06 AM »
It was pretty cold in Europe when they were there filming........looks like Jen, Gary and Cord kept the chimney sweep coat.......lol
Matthew 7:15

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 05:57:54 AM »
Put the pieces together!

Not soldiers, not chimney sweepers... but BELLBOYS. :lol:

It looks like, to me:
Pit Start at Salzburg, before 6.00am
Train from Salzburg to Feldkirch, around 6.30am
Taxi from Feldkirch to Liechtenstein, around 10.00am
Roadblock at Liechtenstein: Moped measurement, around 10.30am
Taxi (or, a smaller possibility, bus) from Liechtenstein to Sargans, around 11.30am
Train from Sargans to Zermatt, around 12.00pm
Detour at Zermatt: Luggage or Fondue (Cheesy Costumes or Cheesy Cuisine - just a joking guess), around 6.00pm
Pit Stop at Zermatt, around 7.30pm
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:23:13 AM by Neobie »

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 07:09:31 AM »

Do you guys think this is a detour which involves having to eat within the time frame given (same as the Ferris wheel task)? And

This being a roadblock?

The thing that questions me is... in the electric bicycle task jet/cord are wearing different clothings compared to when they're doing the cheese fondue task. Could it be that they actually switched detours..? Because Zev/Justin are wearing their usual clothes.

If im right.. that could put them into last place or something.. Because they don't look very happy eating that thing and normally you would change out of that outfit if you ain't rushing right? Sobsob.. cowboys you'd better be in the final 3 or imma whoop your butt  (:;)

hmmm... that's true.. but why would the cowboys switch detours? they never quit a task that they've started!!! >:(... anyways, it could possibly put them in last place but they are very fast at anything though... plus, Gary and Mallory have speedbump so they will probably be ok...

Offline Greens

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2011, 08:06:07 AM »
i thought the motorbike task was a route info task where they had to measure Lichenstein

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2011, 08:17:33 AM »
@Neobie Thanks for all the info, man! :jumpy:
So based on your Detour reasoning, the Cowboys switch Detours. If this is true, I wonder how the luggage could be harder than the fondue. :duno:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline hufter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2011, 08:23:21 AM »
can anyone please tell me what food they are eating?

oh yeah, a picture too if you guys don't mind :)

Looks to me like it is cheese fondue.

Telling from the reaction of (is it Zev or Justin), they are apparently also drinking Kirschwasser.

jiajia12

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2011, 08:30:31 AM »
There's somwthing wrong with the speculation of Cow boys switching detours...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2011, 08:32:07 AM »
It's Justin and he definitely doesn't seem to be enjoying that.  :lol:

I figured the hard part has to be something besides the fondue, how hard can that be to eat? Maybe it's really spicy?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:36:32 AM by The Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2011, 08:33:36 AM »
Would this sign help somebody figure it out?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:37:00 AM by The Prophet »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2011, 08:40:29 AM »
"Flaschenweine im Offenausschank" according to Google means... "bottled wine by the glass". So not much help, I guess?

While we cannot insist for certain that the Cowboys switch Detours, saying that they don't would mean that the fondue is a mandatory task. And in an episode involving three countries (four if you count the train ride through Bavaria), two long international journeys with multiple legs, a Speed Bump, and a whole leg to showcase Zermatt the week after, I don't think the fondue as a mandatory Route Marker task is very likely.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:47:28 AM by Neobie »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2011, 08:42:14 AM »
This appears to be one of the Cowboys doing the Roadblock. It is not likely that it is Gary since it's not his turn.

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »
Isn't fondue supposed to be really hot??? If this is another time-framed eating challenge, I guess it would be a big problem for the teams to finish it without burning your tongues...

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2011, 09:53:44 AM »
The moped thing is nice, but for $70K and a little imagination the producers could have created some awesome tasks.
They had a piece on the news here in Australia about hiring Liechtenstein for a day!

How about we all chip in and have an RFF Christmas Party in Liechtenstein! :jam: If there is 100 people chipping in, that is $700 per head (not counting the cost of the flight...)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2011, 09:58:56 AM »
Isn't fondue supposed to be really hot??? If this is another time-framed eating challenge, I guess it would be a big problem for the teams to finish it without burning your tongues...

There is a flame underneath fondue pots which are typically adjustable. You can have your melted cheese hot or warm. Now, World Race Productions could choose to burn the roofs of the mouths of any who try this, but why would they want to discourage any future contestants from trying eating challenges?

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2011, 11:22:37 AM »

Road bending slightly to the left, woods on right, field to left, this looks about right! (Also, compare the wear-and-tear on the sign below.)

This is the southernmost border of Liechtenstein (with Switzerland) at Balzers. Since it's not on the road between Feldkirch and Liechtenstein, nor that between Liechtenstein and Sargans, I'd say this is the end-point of our moped run, and our measurement of Liechtenstein runs north-south and not east-west?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:28:06 AM by Neobie »

Offline hufter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »

It's not the food, cheese fondue is delicious. I'd say they also have to drink something like this:

Which is good too, but if you are not used to strong alcohol, it is really... mm... strong.
I told you so upwards, but no-one noticed because I'm a n00b. When you see the episode, remember, I told you so.  :umn:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:55:14 AM by hufter »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2011, 12:07:43 PM »

It's not the food, cheese fondue is delicious. I'd say they also have to drink something like this:
Which is good too, but if you are not used to strong alcohol, it is really... mm... strong.
I told you so upwards, but no-one noticed because I'm a n00b. When you see the episode, remember, I told you so.  :umn:

I noticed!! And we are a TEAM here, so great observations are always welcome here from anyone, new or not!! That is how we puzzle things out.

So :welcome: and keep it up!! Especially if you are bringing the drinks! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »
This is the southernmost border of Liechtenstein (with Switzerland) at Balzers. Since it's not on the road between Feldkirch and Liechtenstein, nor that between Liechtenstein and Sargans, I'd say this is the end-point of our moped run, and our measurement of Liechtenstein runs north-south and not east-west?

I believe you are correct.  Looking earlier, I noticed a good North/South route on the Western side of Liechtenstein.  The East side of the country looks more mountainous, and I didn't see any real good East/West routes.  The North/South route is longer, also.

Offline hufter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2011, 12:24:32 PM »
So :welcome: and keep it up!! Especially if you are bringing the drinks! :lol:
A little bitterness gets you the attention again, doesn't it?
If I could send drinks over the interwebs, I totally would. I've been admiring the work of you, Prophet, Neobie and many others.   Cheers :keeta: Jumalauta!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2011, 12:26:47 PM »
Awww.... :hrt:
But I'm not as good as our wonderful TAR Detectives! :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2011, 12:30:04 PM »
 Cheers :keeta: Jumalauta!

Thanks for the nice words!

Jumalauta!   ???

Right back at you!!  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2011, 04:24:59 PM »

I told you so upwards, but no-one noticed because I'm a n00b. When you see the episode, remember, I told you so.  :umn:

Hopefully the drinking part is after the driving part!!   :colors

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2011, 05:00:06 PM »
DOUBLE UTURN!!

:ascared :ascared :ascared :ascared

"We're Good American People" (Switzerland) - The stress of the Race begins to take its toll when a Double U-Turn is revealed, and one Team struggles to consume a local delicacy while others become acquainted with Swiss hospitality, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.