Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 237714 times)

Offline Arubato

• RFF Newbie
Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2011, 11:27:23 PM »
hiiii im new too LOL

my totally ridiculous/random speculation:
Gary & Mallory are u-turned by Kisha & Jen because they show scenes of K&J jokingly trying to screw them up
so it'll be like:
"We think you're lying!" *everyone laughs*
"They're trying to get there as late as possible" *everyone laughs*
*Gary & Mallory are u-turned* *Kisha & Jen laugh*
ALSO
im pretty sure the cowboys are u-turned because maybe they make another final "minor" mistake and it ends up allowing other teams to get to the u-turn first.
i was also gonna guess the globetrotters u-turning kynt and vyxsin but someone else said it first >.>

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2011, 12:00:34 AM »
:welcome: Arubato and to all who have just joined us.  :hearts:

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2011, 12:12:12 AM »
im glad to see a lot of new people chiming in.  i've been reading this forum for what seems like forever now, but am never home at the right time to contribute.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2011, 12:37:09 AM »
I know I have missed some of you, so a BIG :bigwelcome to all of you joining RFF for the first time!

And for those of you who were asking "how do you know", the first 4 posts of the episode threads are updated as we go with press releases and promos, so worth checking there.

Have fun, everyone!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2011, 01:18:11 AM »
Okay... So i've been stalking this group forever because I love the Amazing Race! .... And I decided to join!!

Don't know all the lingo yet but hopefully will get there!

Now something pertaining to this forum:
I agree that Jet/Cord are U-turned, and possibly Zev/Justin.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2011, 01:32:09 AM »
:welcome: to RFF, squall 16!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2011, 02:39:43 AM »
AN IMPENDING DOUBLE U-TURN PUTS THE REMAINING TEAMS ON EDGE, AND ONE TEAM HAS A NIGHTMARE OF A TIME TRYING TO CONSUME A SWISS DELICACY, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, APRIL 24

"We're Good American People" (Switzerland) - The stress of the Race begins to take its toll when a Double U-Turn is revealed, and one Team struggles to consume a local delicacy while others become acquainted with Swiss hospitality, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 24

Whats up with CBS emphasizing on "ONE". Are they gonna get eliminated or what lol! The more CBS emphasize the more SAFER that team would be aint it. :duno:
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2011, 03:03:10 AM »
AN IMPENDING DOUBLE U-TURN PUTS THE REMAINING TEAMS ON EDGE, AND ONE TEAM HAS A NIGHTMARE OF A TIME TRYING TO CONSUME A SWISS DELICACY, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, APRIL 24

"We're Good American People" (Switzerland) - The stress of the Race begins to take its toll when a Double U-Turn is revealed, and one Team struggles to consume a local delicacy while others become acquainted with Swiss hospitality, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 24

Whats up with CBS emphasizing on "ONE". Are they gonna get eliminated or what lol! The more CBS emphasize the more SAFER that team would be aint it. :duno:

Well in the promos, yeah usually, but when it comes to these TV-Guide things, not really.

For example, last 2 weeks we had
"One team member makes a costly mistake in the roadblock" (When Christina/Ron was eliminated)
AND last week we had
" and a hefty meal proves to be too big for some teams' stomachs" (When Gallory came last place)

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2011, 03:39:25 AM »
Thanks to racer for the title find!

AN IMPENDING DOUBLE U-TURN PUTS THE REMAINING TEAMS ON EDGE,
AND ONE TEAM HAS A NIGHTMARE OF A TIME TRYING TO CONSUME A SWISS DELICACY, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, APRIL 24

The W-Turn has to be revealed in the Pit Start clue.

And just because "one team struggles" doesn't exactly mean that only one team is U-Turned.

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2011, 04:19:53 AM »
the cowboys are in serious trouble

prey for them.....

are we sure that detour comes before roadblock?

who can recall all the previous seasons' U-turn legs?

Is it normally detour first or roadblock first in U-turn legs?

I did a bit search. Normally detour first.  then u-turn teams have roadblock to catch up.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 04:46:33 AM by GeKKou »

Offline lovingtar

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2011, 05:28:50 AM »
Hi everyone! Long time reader, first time post.

Just a few thoughts on Kirschwasser (Kirsh for short)... having a Swiss sister in law means that I have had many cheese fondues in my time!

Kirsh is a common ingredient in making cheese fondue (helps keep the cheese smooth, otherwise it may clump).

Kirsh is also drunk to help with the digestion of the cheese... if you eat too much over a long period of time, the cheese kinda clumps inside your stomach which can give you really bad stomach pain.  The kirsh helps in keeping the cheese moving... considering the amount of fondue in the pan for two people, could be a real possibility one of the team members could be having problems with stomach pain.

The sister in law also mentioned that sometimes, when they are eating fondue with friends, they will have a 'rule' that if you lose your bread in the fondue, you then have to take a shot of kirsch.  This could possibly be something they could have to do... if you lose your piece of bread from the fondue stick in the cheese, you have to take a shot of kirsch... just speculation.

As a side note, Kirsh is a type of cherry brandy, but it is not sweet.  It is very very strong and if you are not a big alcohol drinker, getting it down is very difficult... I refuse to have any when I am visiting my family.

Just thought I would share some of my own experiences with fondue!

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2011, 07:37:16 AM »
Welcome lovingtar!

That is very helpful.  I've been wondering why the teams are making such awful faces eating cheese!

Offline flair0310

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2011, 07:49:55 AM »
I just wonder, why two food tasks in a row  :duno:  Although, they are detours, I can't see (unless you are u-turned) that the fondue is a viable option ...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2011, 08:26:22 AM »

Just a few thoughts on Kirschwasser (Kirsh for short)... having a Swiss sister in law means that I have had many cheese fondues in my time!

Kirsh is a common ingredient in making cheese fondue (helps keep the cheese smooth, otherwise it may clump).

Kirsh is also drunk to help with the digestion of the cheese... if you eat too much over a long period of time, the cheese kinda clumps inside your stomach which can give you really bad stomach pain.  The kirsh helps in keeping the cheese moving... considering the amount of fondue in the pan for two people, could be a real possibility one of the team members could be having problems with stomach pain.

The sister in law also mentioned that sometimes, when they are eating fondue with friends, they will have a 'rule' that if you lose your bread in the fondue, you then have to take a shot of kirsch.  This could possibly be something they could have to do... if you lose your piece of bread from the fondue stick in the cheese, you have to take a shot of kirsch... just speculation.

As a side note, Kirsh is a type of cherry brandy, but it is not sweet.  It is very very strong and if you are not a big alcohol drinker, getting it down is very difficult... I refuse to have any when I am visiting my family.

:bigwelcome to RFF, lovingtar! This looks like very helpful information!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2011, 08:30:42 AM »
:welcome: also to auburnsuperfan, Arubato, and Squall16! Thanks for joining in!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline bystander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2011, 09:02:27 AM »

Remember back in Season 16 where Jet and Cord did good on the drinking task, but admitted that they haven't drunk beer and never again will... This time they will face drinking brandy... I do hope they would still do great in drinking... It's just all mind over matter... As for winning the leg, drinking brandy won't stop, but I guess they will say again that they won't drink it again ever.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2011, 09:40:35 AM »

Remember back in Season 16 where Jet and Cord did good on the drinking task, but admitted that they haven't drunk beer and never again will... This time they will face drinking brandy... I do hope they would still do great in drinking... It's just all mind over matter... As for winning the leg, drinking brandy won't stop, but I guess they will say again that they won't drink it again ever.

Beer is an acquired taste. Brandy is always terrible. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2011, 10:27:06 AM »
One of the BEST bits of this ep is that the speculation that K/J were decoys when seen on the train can FINALLY be put to rest!! :jumpy:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23690.msg580353.html#msg580353
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2011, 11:13:51 AM »
One of the BEST bits of this ep is that the speculation that K/J were decoys when seen on the train can FINALLY be put to rest!! :jumpy:

Amen, Peach!!!  Decoy activities are pretty specific..........riding a train across Switzerland is not one of them.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2011, 11:18:53 AM »

Amen, Peach!!!  Decoy activities are pretty specific..........riding a train across Switzerland is not one of them.

I know! I have had a hard time staying  :-X !! You can only say I don't think they were decoys so many times.  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2011, 11:36:48 AM »

prey for them.....

I did a bit search. Normally detour first.  then u-turn teams have roadblock to catch up.

Ever since the U-Turn was created in Season 12, on the legs that contain a U-Turn, the Detour has always been before the Roadblock, so this leg would break the pattern. I will sum up all the U-Turns for you, if this helps:

Season 12, Leg 4 - "Shake Your Pan, Shake Your Booty" Detour (Shana & Jennifer U-Turn Lorena & Jason) then the bicycle Roadblock

Season 12, Leg 8 - "Paste 'Em, Thread 'Em" Detour (Kynt & Vyxsin mistakenly U-Turn Nicolas & Donald) then the gas delivery Roadblock

Season 13, Leg 3 - "Musical March, Bumpy Ride" Detour (Unused U-Turn) then the fighting cholitas Roadblock

Season 13, Leg 9 - "Boots, Borscht" Detour (Unaired U-Turn, if I am not mistaken) then the bakery Roadblock

Season 14, Leg 4 - "Stack, Construct" Detour (Margie & Luke U-Turn Amanda & Kris) then the Chekhov Roadblock

Season 14, Leg 11 - "Beijing Opera, Chinese Waiter" Detour (Tammy & Victor U-Turn Kisha & Jen) then the eating Roadblock

Season 15 did not air any U-Turns, but if I am not mistaken, I think there was one on Leg 3, which had the Detour first also

Season 16, Leg 5 - "In The Trenches, Under Fire" Detour (Louie & Michael U-Turn Joe & Heidi) and this leg did not have a Roadblock

Season 16, Leg 9 - "Pounding The Drums, Pounding The Pavement" Detour (Brent & Caite U-Turn Carol & Brandy) then the chain counting Roadblock

Season 17, Leg 9 - "Balanced Meal, Balanced Bricks" Detour (Double U-Turn; Jill & Thomas -> Brook & Claire, Nat & Kat -> Chad & Stephanie) then the rickshaw assembling Roadblock

Season 18, Leg 5 - "Honor Past, Embrace Future" Detour (Double U-Turn; Kent & Vyxsin -> Jaime & Cara -> Flight Time & Big Easy) then the dinosaur Roadblock

Hope I haven't been off-topic B:) , but I hope this helps ! :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2011, 11:38:21 AM »

I know! I have had a hard time staying  :-X !! You can only say I don't think they were decoys so many times.  :lol:
But what a great decoy idea!  Instead of sending the philiminated to a resort, put them on trains with a camera and sound guy. Let them get off the train in obscure places and run around doing wacky stuff.
Probably cheaper than Elimination Station and more fun.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

laimis

« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2011, 11:45:14 AM »

prey for them.....

Season 15 did not air any U-Turns, but if I am not mistaken, I think there was one on Leg 3, which had the Detour first also

There was a U-turn used by Lance & Keri I think

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2011, 11:47:08 AM »
Thanks racer! Great summary. I thought of Joe and Heidi when I saw the W U turn making an appearance. If you are going to have a tool that puts one team in charge of another team's destiny, at least plan it so they have a chance to catch up. grrr.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2011, 12:12:05 PM »

pray for them.....

Put the pieces together!

Not soldiers, not chimney sweepers... but BELLBOYS. :lol:

It looks like, to me:
Pit Start at Salzburg, before 6.00am
Train from Salzburg to Feldkirch, around 6.30am
Taxi from Feldkirch to Liechtenstein, around 10.00am
Roadblock at Liechtenstein: Moped measurement, around 10.30am
Taxi (or, a smaller possibility, bus) from Liechtenstein to Sargans, around 11.30am
Train from Sargans to Zermatt, around 12.00pm
Detour at Zermatt: Luggage or Fondue (Cheesy Costumes or Cheesy Cuisine - just a joking guess), around 6.00pm
Pit Stop at Zermatt, around 7.30pm

Upstream, on page 2 of this thread (and copied here), Neobie outlined this leg of the race.  There is a nice map too.