Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)  (Read 237721 times)

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Ep 9 "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »
Every bit of info is useful.  Verifying that the Detour takes place in Zermatt helps to nail down that part of the leg.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2011, 04:53:07 PM »
it also might help us determain what time the teams got there (using the hours of the resturant) which could help us figure out whos eliminated. im also wondering does any1 have any ideas what the speed bump could b?  darn producers  (:;)

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2011, 05:21:35 PM »
It's a huge restaurant, probably why they chose it.  The website says it's open from 8 am to midnight with the kitchen being open from 12 pm to 2 pm and 6 pm to 10 pm.  So what do people do from 8 am to 12 pm there?   :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2011, 05:33:51 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, Tarfan37!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2011, 05:34:20 PM »
I commenter a few pages back had the same thought as me. I too find it strange that after the eating trouble from the last leg, that Z/J would do it again. Unless they were U-turned.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2011, 05:39:35 PM »
It's a huge restaurant, probably why they chose it.  The website says it's open from 8 am to midnight with the kitchen being open from 12 pm to 2 pm and 6 pm to 10 pm.  So what do people do from 8 am to 12 pm there?   :duno:
coffee, pastries, bistro, sandwiches, etc...the kitchen usually refers to more elaborate entrees.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2011, 05:50:28 PM »
Here's a slightly different press release:

AN IMPENDING DOUBLE U-TURN PUTS THE REMAINING TEAMS ON EDGE, AND ONE TEAM HAS A NIGHTMARE OF A TIME TRYING TO CONSUME A SWISS DELICACY, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, APRIL 24

What's the purpose of using a specific word like nightmare?? We know it is going to be dark out when they begin, probably after 18:00 at the earliest.
Is someone there all night? The restaurant's website says they are open til midnight.  :ascared

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2011, 06:28:07 PM »

AN IMPENDING DOUBLE U-TURN PUTS THE REMAINING TEAMS ON EDGE, AND ONE TEAM HAS A NIGHTMARE OF A TIME TRYING TO CONSUME A SWISS DELICACY, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, APRIL 24

What's the purpose of using a specific word like nightmare?? We know it is going to be dark out when they begin, probably after 18:00 at the earliest.
Is someone there all night? The restaurant's website says they are open til midnight.  :ascared
figure of speech, most probably
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2011, 06:48:19 PM »
I commenter a few pages back had the same thought as me. I too find it strange that after the eating trouble from the last leg, that Z/J would do it again. Unless they were U-turned.

I agree; I don't think Z/J would have chosen it again unless they were U-Turned. However I can't really think of who would U-Turn them, other than the cowboys (and a very small chance of Gary/Mallory or Kisha/Jen, I suppose...) And it could always be something like, if they weren't able to find the location of the first Detour and decided to just pick the second one. Still...I think Z/J are one of the more probable teams to get U-Turned especially with the target on their backs.

Offline El Gado

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2011, 07:17:04 PM »
Hey there, im new to this forum and I will try to help as all of you guys!

Me and my mom support the cowboys and seeing that they might get u-turned... we are worried now

BTW sorry if this is a noooob question but where do you heard that there is a w-turn?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2011, 07:19:22 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF, El Gado!
A press release told us that there will be a W-Turn in this leg. It's somewhere in this thread.

Offline El Gado

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2011, 07:44:26 PM »
well seeing the cowboys with some sort of militar outfit and Zev/Justin without it at the fondue task makes me think thay they will be u turned...

jiajia12

« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »
I think the Cowboys were U turned. They werent with Zev and justin at that time.
and Zev/Justin were there earlier.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2011, 08:31:37 PM »
I think the Cowboys were U turned. They werent with Zev and justin at that time.

Can't really assume that Zev/Justin came earlier. Haha. One thing for sure the cowboys are u-turned.
HOWEVER, "ONE TEAM HAS A NIGHTMARE OF A TIME TRYING TO CONSUME A SWISS DELICACY". This literally just tells us that the team that was having trouble consuming the swiss delicacy will definitely have a 95% chance of being eliminated.
Nightmare of a time = must have taken a long time to eat it. Unless someone actually screwed up really bad at the other detour, this team is sure to be sent home.

Looking at the preview, Zev/Justin really look like they're having a really bad time eating that thing.
And Justin said "Zev this is crazy". Im pretty sure he would have done the other task if he could right?
Which makes more sense that Zev/Justin & Jet/Cord are u-turned. Haha.

But who knows that after all these stressing bout whos being u-turned, in reality, kent/vyxin were the one who actually got eliminated haha!
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2011, 08:41:45 PM »
Hello! new to RFF
OK this has been making me worried... how do yall know there is really a double u-turn and how do yall know that jet and cord were u-turned.
 Cord had that suit on bc that was FROM HIS CHIMNEY SWEEP road block!!! in Austria!!!  :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
I think ANYBODY can be u-turned at this point.
top victims for u-turning:
Zev and Justin, Gallory, Jet and Cord.
JET AND CORD FTW!!!!

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2011, 08:49:41 PM »
Hello! new to RFF
OK this has been making me worried... how do yall know there is really a double u-turn and how do yall know that jet and cord were u-turned.
 Cord had that suit on bc that was FROM HIS CHIMNEY SWEEP road block!!! in Austria!!!  :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
I think ANYBODY can be u-turned at this point.
top victims for u-turning:
Zev and Justin, Gallory, Jet and Cord.
JET AND CORD FTW!!!!

Unfortunately, Jet is wearing that outfit too..

welcome to rff!  :tup:

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2011, 08:56:34 PM »
Guys, when does CBS normally release a new video promo? Every tuesday yeah? :)

And welcome auburnsuperfan97 to RFF! :D
 :bigwelcome

Wonder how many ppl actually smacked their pc/laptop screen cos of my insect avatar... haha!  :snicker:
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2011, 08:57:55 PM »
Yea right  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Can't really assume that Zev/Justin came earlier. Haha. One thing for sure the cowboys are u-turned.
HOWEVER, "ONE TEAM HAS A NIGHTMARE OF A TIME TRYING TO CONSUME A SWISS DELICACY". This literally just tells us that the team that was having trouble consuming the swiss delicacy will definitely have a 95% chance of being eliminated.
Nightmare of a time = must have taken a long time to eat it. Unless someone actually screwed up really bad at the other detour, this team is sure to be sent home.

Looking at the preview, Zev/Justin really look like they're having a really bad time eating that thing.
And Justin said "Zev this is crazy". Im pretty sure he would have done the other task if he could right?
Which makes more sense that Zev/Justin & Jet/Cord are u-turned. Haha.

But who knows that after all these stressing bout whos being u-turned, in reality, kent/vyxin were the one who actually got eliminated haha!
Yea right :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2011, 09:01:56 PM »
If somebody can answer my question.. please do  :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
How do yall know theres a u-turn or double u-turn

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2011, 09:06:32 PM »
Ok we know that there is a cheese-fondue detour. what is the other side  :umn: :umn: :umn: :umn: :umn:
LOL this episode will be awesome.
and i hope there will be an intersection since there are even number of teams  :hearts: :hearts: ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2011, 09:07:41 PM »
auburnsuperfan................there is a CBS announcement of the W Turn this week.

Also, that is a different uniform than the chimney sweep uniform. It appears that Jet/Cord have realized that it wastes time to take off the costumes they have to wear...........they can take them off at the mat.
Matthew 7:15

auburnsuperfan97

« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2011, 09:13:38 PM »
Cant wait till Sunday. If Jet and Cord were to be last to check in..i hope it is a TBC leg but thats not likely.
I doubt Jet and Cord would struggle @ the detour(s) if they get u-turned... they are never ones to struggle or give up!
This is def. not the leg to have to lose time in! I hope Gallory, Kynt and Vyxsin or Kisha and Jen mess up somewhere to help the cowboys catch up IF! they are u-turned.
Im glad this is a DOUBLE U-turn instead of a single u-turn where it makes it a little easier on one of the teams u-turned so they arent alone and far behind.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:23:35 PM by auburnsuperfan97 »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2011, 09:21:33 PM »
Comparing viewpoints of this moped cap with GE, it looks like he is southwest of Eschen, traveling north.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2011, 09:28:45 PM »

figure of speech, most probably

I'm actually inclined to think like The Prophet that 'nightmare' has a meaning like that. In the previous releases they've used phrases like "a desperate plunge" and Vyxsin literally jumped into the water; "costly mistake" and Ron/Christina did get eliminated because of the mistake. But we never know. :duno:

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2011, 09:54:23 PM »
Hmm..I have a feeling that Zev/Justin weren't victims of the W-Turn. I'm assuming Justin is frustrated, but my guess would just be because it isn't tasty. I don't think that Z/J were W-Turned by Kisha/Jen because they seem to be close on Twitter. This is probably all just wishful thinking from a Z/J fan though.

yeah that's true, but that's after the race already and that's why they are close... but they are still racing during this leg...