Author Topic: Top 8 Discussion  (Read 14755 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Top 8 Discussion
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:26:03 AM »
Listened to Lauren and i agree... Lauren >>> Miley Cyrus.

She totally made the song hers... i love the unplugged singing! The electric guitar at the start of the song.

I think it's just the singer.. not the song. The Climb is one of the most beautiful song i've ever heard.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Top 8 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:27:18 AM »
What a strange show last night!  Did anyone really stand out last night? Maybe James but I really am not into Heavy Metal. I didn't think Hayley was the worst, but not her best performance. I hope Randy's comment about Karaoke doesn't hurt her chances.

I did notice that when Scotty sang the background color was red (Some people feel that red lighting is the Kiss of Death!) Also the background singers for me were off by a beat and it made his performance seem off.. I'm not sure they helped Haley either.

Paul has figured out that if he is hyper/smiling that the judges will love his performance and he adds to it with the costumes. I hope he goes tonight but I fear it will be someone else.

Who do I see in the bottom 3? Casey, Jacob perhaps and hopefully I'm wrong, Haley. Who do I want to see there? Paul with Jacob and Casey, Paul leaving.

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 10:27:33 AM »
I find myself rewinding Lauren's performance again. Does anyone have the studio version of her song tonight... I'll replace it with Miley's one! :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 10:29:03 AM »
What a strange show last night!  Did anyone really stand out last night? Maybe James but I really am not into Heavy Metal. I didn't think Hayley was the worst, but not her best performance. I hope Randy's comment about Karaoke doesn't hurt her chances.

I did notice that when Scotty sang the background color was red (Some people feel that red lighting is the Kiss of Death!) Also the background singers for me were off by a beat and it made his performance seem off.. I'm not sure they helped Haley either.

Paul has figured out that if he is hyper/smiling that the judges will love his performance and he adds to it with the costumes. I hope he goes tonight but I fear it will be someone else.

Who do I see in the bottom 3? Casey, Jacob perhaps and hopefully I'm wrong, Haley. Who do I want to see there? Paul with Jacob and Casey, Paul leaving.

It was indeed a strange show, TL! I only liked Jacob and Casey.
I picked this one night to watch this season. :lol: Has the rest of it been better, because after watching I thought it was worse than I expected. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 10:31:21 AM »
When i first looked at Stefano.. i was like, WTH... why did he dress this way?!

And then he went on to sing a ballard again... i know you can sing Stefano! But last week you performed like this and you're in the bottom 2.. why did you sing this type of song again!? :meow: :groan:

The singing was good, he delivered as usual. And i think he should stick around and go to next week. But you can't deny he might be in danger. :(

Let's pray...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 10:36:20 AM »
I get what you mean TL. The beat was off by one beat for Scotty! It seemed a bit awkward and too slow.

TL, i think the judges must mix up their comments a little after Pia's elimination last week. They had to do it to help America identify those that the producers don't want to keep in the competition to ruin the show. (IMHO... take it with a pinch of salt) Just look at Lauren. Her comments were like she just had a standing ovation. :lol: They must be thinking they had better not have Lauren eliminated or the whole show might be destroyed.

I think Scotty sang a decent song. That's all. I don't know why the judges didn't like it that much. I thought it was nice on the ear and very soothing to listen to.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 10:42:48 AM »
Casey was crap. He was flat for a big part at the beginning of his song.

BAD BAD PERFORMANCE. EWWW.

Judges wasted the SAFE!

What a weird performance... if Haley sounded like she's belting out a Karaoke song, then Casey sounded as if he was performing at a bar/lounge.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 10:46:32 AM »
When i heard Haley's song choice... i was like.......... :groan: :groan: :groan:

She started SHARP!!!

But her uniqueness in the tone of her voice showed in the song. And if it helps, she sang a song that was current and which most of the people watching the show would have heard before!

I think it was an OKAY performance. Not the best, but i think she did decent. WAYYYY better than CASEY.

The ending part of her performance was the best, definitely!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 10:51:57 AM »
Every week, i'll skip through Paul's performance... today.. he went off pitch and then he went on to put up a mediocre normal performance... and went off pitch again and again. :groan: :groan: :groan:

I fast forwarded his performance again. If I'm Simon Cowell, i'll probably say something like...

"Your performance was so bad and uninteresting that if I were to be on The Amazing Race, i would have fast forwarded to first place"... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I think the best part about his performance was not his singing, but the awesome saxophone lady!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 10:56:50 AM »
I think Jacob decided to take his mentors advice and stop over performing. He was so sweet, so mild and sang a beautiful ballard this week. But he went a tad bit flat with his high note in the middle of the song.

Not his best performance.. it was just decent, but i don't know if anyone will agree with me.. but the song sounded so boring and I don't think it's memorable.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 10:59:19 AM »
James going against the mentors... :res:

James had enough energy. It was a good way to close the show. Really sounded good and his confidence was overflowing. Not my favourite genre of music, but really good performance.. undeniable... but i'll just be happy listening to it once.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 11:03:50 AM »
BEST PERFORMANCE (AND MEMORABLE) OF THE NIGHT: Lauren
GOOD PERFORMANCE: James
OKAY PERFORMANCE: Scotty, Stefano, Hayley, Jacob
BAD PERFORMANCE: Casey, Paul

I think Scotty, Jacob, Lauren and James are confirmed SAFE.

Stefano, Hayley and Paul will be our BOTTOM 3. Paul and Hayley will be the BOTTOM 2. Paul will be going home.

Just a guess. I don't think Hayley will be heading home. Some of the female votes might have went to her. And of course most might have went to Lauren and maybe a little to Stefano.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 11:06:42 AM »
Simon would say Paul's performance wasn't even worthy of a cruise ship but maybe a Honky tonk bar.   :lol3:

Upon reflection, I think Casey is in danger tonight and he should be. My husband commented that if he thought he knew more than the mentors then why is he there. Over the years, the singers who act like they know more than the judges and now the mentors, usually find out that they are just plain WRONG as they find their way out the door.  

Joab, I felt Haley was in big trouble last night and voted like mad for her.. not that my puny number of votes will actually keep her there but might help a little bit. I also voted for Lauren. It will just not be interesting if the only girls left are picked off one after another.  :ascared

I also wondered why they let Stefano be dressed like a high school kid, it was off-putting and didn't help him.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 11:12:58 AM »
I think Paul's time is up.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 11:23:17 AM »
Wow, it's another night of not having a clear weakest link.

Paul - I must say it was an energetic opening to the show. But I forgot about it as the night progressed. I still can't understand why the judges have been giving him such awesome comments week after week. Come on...

Lauren - I was actually pretty worried when I heard she was gonna do a Miley Cyrus, 'cos in my impression, there doesn't seem to be much that can be done with her songs. But wow, she sang great! And I really felt her. Ahhhh I can really see Lauren winning this, will she survive all the way???

Stefano - I thought that he would almost be a goner this week but I feel that he really picked himself up. Yeah when I knew he was gonna do a ballad, I was like, "Oh no..." But then as he progressed, he really gave me chills. I think based on that performance, he MIGHT be safe tonight? 'Cos I really got the feeling that he's on a new start.

Scotty - It was just another Scotty performance, safe, nice, sincere... Definitely wasn't jumping out of my seat. I liked it though and needless to say... He's not going anywhere. Duh.

Casey - What was that standing ovation for? I give him credit for sticking to his beliefs but it was just an okay performance for me.

Haley - I am incredibly worried about her. I always feel that the most dangerous thing on Idol (especially when there're still quite a lot of people left) is not to give a bad performance but to give a forgettable performance. Which is kinda what she did. The good thing is that there're only 2 girls left and she might just get some of Pia's votes but looking at the fierce competition... I AM REALLY VERY worried.

Jacob - You know when he was singing the song I was totally imagining Pia singing that song lol. But back to him, it was another great vocal and performance from him. And since he was in the bottom three last week, he's safe for sure.

James - I liked it that he stuck to his beliefs as well. Maybe America will be moved by his sincerity. Great close to the show, great performance, but definitely not my favourite from him. But since he got the last spot and all, he'll most likely be safe.

So our bottom three... Paul, Haley, Casey? Maybe Stefano instead of Casey. Gosh I have this intense fear that Haley will go home and we'll be left with 1 girl. Crap, I don't even dare to imagine it. Okay, let's leave it at that.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 11:42:56 AM »

His performance was good for a laugh. :lol3:
What was with the tamborine? :funny:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 11:56:30 AM »
I found it a little passing strange that he stayed on stage with Ryan and James, more like a duet of sorts than a performance to win AI but then again, what do I know.   :lol:

Zakk Wylde performs on American Idol stage with James Durbin

* April 13th, 2011 9:36 pm ET
Jodi Jill

Zakk Wylde, best known as the former guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne, was on American Idol on Wednesday night with contestant James Durbin. The famous guitar player uses a Gibson Les Paul Custom model guitar with a "bulls-eye" graphic. It is a design he uses to deliberately let people know who he is on stage.

James Durbin, the final performance of evening on American Idol, definitely had a wow factor to the stage. Giving America a strong look into the heavy metal side of music immediately impressed the judges, there was no doubt he was giving everyone a different look at what an American Idol could be.
Advertisement

Performing the single ‘Heavy Metal’ the guitarist had several solo parts in the routine that gave the impression that the audience was at a live concert. Strong chord and brain numbing heavy rock pounded out from the stage in what many thought was an amazing routine.

This is the first time Zakk Wylde has been on the American Idol stage, but if James Durbin wins, there isn’t a doubt he will be asked to return in the future.

By Jodi Jill
* National Celebrity Headlines Examiner

Source: http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-headlines-in-national/zakk-wylde-performs-on-american-idol-stage-with-james-durbin

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 11:58:25 AM »
That's exactly what I said when watching it, it was like you were supposed to vote for Zakk too. :umn:
It seemed like they were majorly leaning on him like he was a product placement or something.  :lol: They even gave many precious seconds of the song time to his solo, which was good but required no contribution from James.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 04:41:50 AM »
Who says no contribution? His fans will vote for James. :res:

Stefano, Hayley and Paul will be our BOTTOM 3. Paul and Hayley will be the BOTTOM 2. Paul will be going home.

Just a guess. I don't think Hayley will be heading home. Some of the female votes might have went to her. And of course most might have went to Lauren and maybe a little to Stefano.

I like it that i'm accurate to some extent. I sure didn't expect Haley to NOT even in the Bottom 3. Let's hope she doesn't do a Pia. This girl is amazing and it's shocking how if she's really in the Top 5, it will be awesome cause my Top 5 prediction was Lauren, Scotty, Haley, Pia and Stefano.

Now that Pia's gone, i think we can replace Pia with James. I believe the next one out will be Jacob. Stefano is the new Haley. He's here to stay, trust me. :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 04:43:08 AM »
Who wants to bet that Casey will be the new VFTW pick?

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »
OH FINALLY. Finally finally finally. Okay, I have nothing against Paul, but we can't deny that he's just been coasting by with his performances and his time should have been up long ago. And I'm glad he's finally gone. But I love his spirit when he was eliminated. Love how he took it and all!

And Stefano, he was in the bottom three again despite giving a solid performance yesterday. I hope it doesn't cause a dent on his morale though. He was all geared up for this week, ready to start anew, and bam, there he was in the bottom three again. He's really gotta change things up a little.

As I looked at Casey, Haley, Lauren and Scotty standing together on stage just now, part of me was wondering if this could be our final 4. Haha! But as it stands, I'm still very worried about Haley. Please let the next few votes be guys again...

I'm really worried about Stefano as well. Hmm. It'll be wonderful if Jacob leaves next though. And then Casey... But I think Casey will stick around. Geez.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 12:07:11 PM »
@Joab: It's now three-way vote between Casey-Jacob-Haley but I agree with you....Casey's been up and down these few weeks.

Still hoping to say goodbye to Scotty.....unless he's willing to stay away from a country song this week.....please.....just once at least, no more country song from him.\

I'm still rooting for the last two girls, Stefano and James here....Hopefully the season 4 miracle can be repeated this time.....:)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 03:27:09 PM »

You nailed it! I'm sure VFTW will be pushing for Casey.

I am glad Paul is gone but he probably will have a good future. His style of song has a market, at least I think it does. I liked his version of "Maggie May" one of the few songs I've really liked from him.

Final 7, the time is fast approaching when we're down to 2.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 03:40:19 PM »
Songs this week:

Jacob Lusk

James Durbin

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:45:07 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 03:44:37 PM »

Hayley Reinhart

Casey Abrams