Author Topic: TARAus 1 Episode 1 (Indonesia) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 37139 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus 1 Episode 1 (Indonesia) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2011, 11:40:31 AM »
I don't know how people think Richard and Joey putting the netting back in place more thoroughly and in the next leg lying to the Sisters, means they should get a penalty. Teams don't get penalties for those things...

Kiwi Jay and Coutzy,
I Am totally with Bay Bay and Eleven6 on this. Read this which BayBay provided in the Media thread:

"While the first few contestants have told the others where to find the clues, beginning with Tyler and Nathan who then paid it forward to models Sam and Renae, Joey admitted on camera that she had to make sure the clues would not be easily seen by those after her and husband Richard.

Looking at the camera laughing, Joey illustrated how she hid the clue and pinned it down the innerboat, covering them with nets making it hard for fellow racers to find them."

To me this is exactly like Mark and Michael in Phuket in AR14, where they received a 30 minute penalty for obstructing the progress of all later teams by hiding something.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2011, 11:46:49 AM »
I don't know how people think Richard and Joey putting the netting back in place more thoroughly and in the next leg lying to the Sisters, means they should get a penalty. Teams don't get penalties for those things...

Kiwi Jay and Coutzy,
I Am totally with Bay Bay and Eleven6 on this. Read this which BayBay provided in the Media thread:

"While the first few contestants have told the others where to find the clues, beginning with Tyler and Nathan who then paid it forward to models Sam and Renae, Joey admitted on camera that she had to make sure the clues would not be easily seen by those after her and husband Richard.

Looking at the camera laughing, Joey illustrated how she hid the clue and pinned it down the innerboat, covering them with nets making it hard for fellow racers to find them."

To me this is exactly like Mark and Michael in Phuket in AR14, where they received a 30 minute penalty for obstructing the progress of all later teams by hiding something.

I feel the key to this situation is the fact that the clues were hidden underneath the nets by production as part of the task. In its simplest form, Joey put the remaining clues in the boat and covered them with the nets. At the beginning of the search, the clues were in the boat and covered with the nets, so in my opinion she has caused no disadvantage for the other teams.

Mark and Michael took the bike pumps from their original place and moved them into a box that they didn't begin the task in- That is where these scenarios are different.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2012, 02:24:13 AM »
:bump

Decided this race would be the first non-US version I've watched and I think I'm hooked after the first leg.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2012, 09:34:04 AM »

Decided this race would be the first non-US version I've watched and I think I'm hooked after the first leg.

This first episode is an amazing one! :tup: Enjoy the rest of the season!! :conf: (Although I lost some interest after ep5. :( )
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2012, 02:00:20 AM »

Glad you  like it. I think this season deffanty compares to some of the best seasons of the US version(espacaliy the first half of the season).
Dont read if you dont want want any spoilers.
Show content
episode 3 will make you cry.