Author Topic: TARAus 1 Episode 1 (Indonesia) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 37175 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARAus 1 Episode 1 (Indonesia) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2011, 06:12:53 AM »
We should have graphics in the spoilers for all those, check the archives maybe?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2011, 02:21:24 AM »
Deleted Scene: Alana and Mel were SO lost.

Offline Elven6

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2011, 09:33:48 AM »
Does anyone know why Richard & Joey weren't given a penalty for intentionally hiding the clues making it harder for the other teams to find them in the village?

Also think it was immature of Chris to call the villagers, "pussies", when Anastasia fell on her own! The villagers even went to help her.

Overall it was a pretty good episode, I like all of the teams excluding the two mentioned above. I like the idea of having various TAR shows for different regions (I'm catching up on most of them now), when are we getting "The Amazing Race: North America"? :P

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2011, 10:01:04 AM »
Does anyone know why Richard & Joey weren't given a penalty for intentionally hiding the clues making it harder for the other teams to find them in the village?

Also think it was immature of Chris to call the villagers, "pussies", when Anastasia fell on her own! The villagers even went to help her.

Overall it was a pretty good episode, I like all of the teams excluding the two mentioned above. I like the idea of having various TAR shows for different regions (I'm catching up on most of them now), when are we getting "The Amazing Race: North America"? :P

I think (And I have nothing to back this up) all they did was replace the netting on the boats.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2011, 11:41:08 AM »
My opinion of the teams so far

Sam & Renae- Better than I expected
Kelly & Dave- More likable than I expected, but lack of cigarettes may cause problems for Dave
Ryot & Liberty- There's something about these two I don't really like, and I don't know what it is
Jeff & Luke- Were they even there?
Matt & Tom- Copy/paste every comment about Jet & Cord
Tyler & Nathan- Young, fit males that make too many mistakes
Anastasia & Chris- They're the bickering team this season, but will they get a broken ox next week?
Anne-Marie & Tracy- Old, unfit females that make few mistakes
Alana & Mel- They're just...there...
Richard & Joey- When have we seen "Married Entrepreneurs" before?  :ascared
Mo & Mos- Their comment about a pudgy team winning makes me wish cabs were easier to catch in Seattle  :(

Overall, it's a better cast than some of the more recent seasons, and the tasks are decent. I think this will be a great season. Grant's not bad but he's not Phil. I know he'll be better by the end of the season, though.

Offline Elven6

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2011, 03:33:23 PM »

I think (And I have nothing to back this up) all they did was replace the netting on the boats.

I'll have to re-watch the bit but regardless of what she did she admitted to specifically doing it to hinder other teams.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2011, 05:40:05 PM »
I don't know how people think Richard and Joey putting the netting back in place more thoroughly and in the next leg lying to the Sisters, means they should get a penalty. Teams don't get penalties for those things...
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2011, 08:07:53 PM »
Things that seemed penalty worthy include:

- Tyler and Nathan getting 50000 from taxi driver at detour
                COMPARE TO: Louie and Micheal selling most of their ice-cream sandwiches to taxi driver - NO PENALTY
- Matt using his cowboy hat to carry the basket
                 NOTHING TO COMPARE TO: however the clue specifically stated on your head NOT on your hat so I believe 30 minutes would be appropriate
- Joey covering up nets to hide clues
                 COMPARE TO: Mark and Micheal mixing up bike pumps in Thailand - 30 MINUTE PENALTY (however we do not know the extent - might have just been placing nets back into original position)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2011, 09:35:13 PM »

I'll have to re-watch the bit but regardless of what she did she admitted to specifically doing it to hinder other teams.

Yes, she thought she was. But the question is if she actually did. Based on what she said, I don't think it constituted hindering other teams because that is how the netting was to begin with.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2011, 10:09:21 PM »

COMPARE TO: Louie and Micheal selling most of their ice-cream sandwiches to taxi driver - NO PENALTY
                 NOTHING TO COMPARE TO: however the clue specifically stated on your head NOT on your hat so I believe 30 minutes would be appropriate

1. The cabbie counts as a local
2. Teams still had to place a special holder on their heads
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2011, 01:20:38 AM »

1. I never said the cabbie didn't count as local
2. The 'towel' like holder they placed on their heads isn't the same as a hat - 'like an egg in a egg cup' UMM CHEATING!!!  (:;)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »

2. The 'towel' like holder they placed on their heads isn't the same as a hat - 'like an egg in a egg cup' UMM CHEATING!!!  (:;)
I was under the impression that the rules stated that the basket had to be on top of your head, without using your hands. Since he carried the basket on his head, he didn't break any rule and doesn't deserve a penalty. But that's just my opinion.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2011, 05:11:24 PM »

I was under the impression that the rules stated that the basket had to be on top of your head, without using your hands. Since he carried the basket on his head, he didn't break any rule and doesn't deserve a penalty. But that's just my opinion.

Keywords: top op your head

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2011, 05:34:56 PM »
Either way, the only thing it specified was not to use your hands. Obviously there was no rule against using hats (as the baskets would still be on top of their heads)
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2011, 11:23:33 PM »
Either way, the only thing it specified was not to use your hands. Obviously there was no rule against using hats (as the baskets would still be on top of their heads)

In that case I'm taking a top hat when I go on the race!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2011, 03:02:36 AM »

dont see why not, except it will be inconvenient to carry it around
The story so far:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2011, 03:25:23 AM »

Are you going to concede anytime soon? Towel is not equal to cowboy hat  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2011, 05:26:19 AM »
Okay, I finally finished the first episode!

What I can say is even though they took a TARA4 Indonesian leg for this leg, they improved the leg such that the other Detour is at least not the fail Cemetry Detour in TARA4 and the selling of the noodles Detour was at least interesting.

I like that each team got a different number for the amount they have to count for the briefcase and they can't just give the answer to each other. Besides the fact that the counting of the money doesn't have anything to do with seeing the sights and sound of Indonesia, at least people now know that Indonesian currency are freaking big and hard to handle. (I have problems with it ALL the time!)

I also like the fact that they had a Roadblock immediately in Australia, but thought that it shouldn't be counted as a Roadblock because the time you gain from the task is deflected from the flight.

Ann Marie and Tracy - <3333333333333333333333333 NO WORDS CAN DESCRIBE MY LOVE FOR ANN MARIE AND TRACY.

Sam and Ranae - Glad they won the first leg, that they're not dumb blondes but BQ's V2.0

Matt and Tom - They just crack me up and you know I rarely root for All-male teams but hell, they're fun to watch and they're so real. If they got more edit I might love them as much as Ann Marie and Tracy! :hearts:

Alana and Mel - They could have a chance to win if they don't ever/stop freaking out.

Anastasia and Chris - Dysfunctional couple. Mark my words. They can either be very physically fit (maybe due to Chris) but one mistake will cause them the race.

Richard and Joey - They belong to the league where they seemed so competitive and seemed to have it in the bag to win it but you have no idea why they're in the back pack most of the time, due to some silly stupid mistakes.

Jeff and Luke - Seems like a nice team, but lack the edit. Hmm.

Ryot and Liberty - Another team whom you know has no chance of winning, not at all physically fit and stressed out easily

Mo and Mos - If they stand a chance to win, i'll shave my head. :lol: (Maybe not, but you get what I mean)

Tyler and Nathan - My most hated team of the lot. They're just there for the competition and totally not appreciative of the culture and tradition to the places they've visited. They're boring, boring... and very boring. Sadly, they stand a high chance to go FAR due to the physical competitiveness needed for the race. But hell glad I am they're in SIXTH for leg 1. BAD TRACK RECORD. :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2011, 05:30:34 AM »
Okay. I think Phil has made TAR hosting a trademark of his own.

We have Allan who's all SMILES and HYPED up when revealing the results on TARAsia.

NOW, we have GRANT who's all emo, saying his lines slowly and in an extremely boring way. It was like..

TEAM: YAY, WE CHECK-IN!
Grant: Okay, you are.. team.. number five *no emotions*
TEAM: Oh :umn:
Grant: Yup, okay.

It was so boring watching pit-stop results.

SMILE MORE, GRANT!

Phil > Allan > Grant :lol3:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2011, 06:31:46 AM »
Tyler and Nathan - My most hated team of the lot. They're just there for the competition and totally not appreciative of the culture and tradition to the places they've visited. They're boring, boring... and very boring. Sadly, they stand a high chance to go FAR due to the physical competitiveness needed for the race. But hell glad I am they're in SIXTH for leg 1. BAD TRACK RECORD. :lol3:

You're going to hate me on TV...

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2011, 06:52:45 AM »

Ditto.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2011, 10:54:23 AM »

Ditto.

Physical competitiveness is one thing... Derek and Drew were physically fit but at least they're not like BORING.

Nathan and Tyler.. I nearly died watching them perform the tasks with a straight facial expression.

Coutzy, i think you're fairly interesting enough. :lol3:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2011, 10:57:06 AM »

Ditto.

Physical competitiveness is one thing... Derek and Drew were physically fit but at least they're not like BORING.

Nathan and Tyler.. I nearly died watching them perform the tasks with a straight facial expression.

Coutzy, i think you're fairly interesting enough. :lol3:

You haven't seen me in race mode

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »

*insert HAHAHA NO here*
The story so far:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2011, 05:03:42 PM »

*insert HAHAHA NO here*
)-**