Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)  (Read 141670 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)
« Reply #425 on: April 18, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »
If Austria is like Germany, 80 is just a guideline. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #426 on: April 18, 2011, 01:47:49 PM »
I'm really sorry but  this  episode  was pretty boring, especially the  chimney sweeps task  and Freud's one  :groan:

In This season most of the tasks are boring.. :( .I think the production has some budget problems..... :'(
Hoping they  bring  back the old amazing race, with breathtaking, fun and unique  tasks......

I have to agree with you, milanissimo. The wienerschnitzel/sacher torte eating was pretty impossible (notice that the two huge athletes gave it a pass without serious debate). The "carry a couch" DETOUR was pure excitement (NOT). The chimney sweep ROADBLOCK was too easy and too short a duration. This was the lamest by far of all AR18 episodes. The only real excitement was the difference in how teams handled the specifics of flight combination choices to get from Varanasi to Vienna and those important details were carefully edited out.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #427 on: April 18, 2011, 01:49:08 PM »
I checked and 81 mph (= 130 km/hr) is mandatory, not optional. The Austrian autobahn is not the German autobahn. Someone has decreed that it be safer.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #428 on: April 18, 2011, 01:49:34 PM »
I don't if it was the lamest episode, but the difficulty level for the food task should definitely bee decreased a little...there is a point where too hard is boring.
As for the Roadblock, I would have also liked to see something a little more inventive.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #429 on: April 18, 2011, 01:54:02 PM »
When I saw Gallory struggling in the tasks, I definitely knew it was a NEL/TBC. They cannot get 6th again.

Also, I was just glad to see the Goths getting to the F5, but that NEL was just a kick in my face...

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #430 on: April 18, 2011, 06:13:57 PM »
When I saw Gallory struggling in the tasks, I definitely knew it was a NEL/TBC. They cannot get 6th again.

Also, I was just glad to see the Goths getting to the F5, but that NEL was just a kick in my face...

I totally agree. I was so happy the goths made it, but then (even though I love Gallory) it was a little irritating. :P Cant complain though.

Offline Shiryu01

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #431 on: April 18, 2011, 06:29:12 PM »
I quite liked the couch detour. Perhaps it wasn't fun to watch, but it certainly was hard to do - exactly the opposite of things like bunjee jumping or helicopter rides, and I can definitely imagine teams like Ron and Chris or Mel and Mike struggle a lot carrying those couches across Vienna, especially in the snow. The chimneys were disappointing though.
Is it just me or this race is more physical than any recent one we've had? Except for the first leg there have been pretty tiring tasks all the time.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #432 on: April 18, 2011, 07:13:48 PM »
I quite liked the couch detour. Perhaps it wasn't fun to watch, but it certainly was hard to do - exactly the opposite of things like bunjee jumping or helicopter rides, and I can definitely imagine teams like Ron and Chris or Mel and Mike struggle a lot carrying those couches across Vienna, especially in the snow. The chimneys were disappointing though.
Is it just me or this race is more physical than any recent one we've had? Except for the first leg there have been pretty tiring tasks all the time.

I agree - I mean, even fit teams like Gary/Mallory and Kent/Vyxsin had problems with it! The Roadblock was disappointing though.

And I definitely feel the physical aspect has been amped up this season. Even when we had a puzzle task with the dinosaur, it had a heavy physical aspect to it. Last season I think the two challenging physical tasks were the bridge climb in Norway and the bricks Detour in Bangladesh. This season we've seen more than that and we're not even done.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:19:15 PM by connayyy »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #433 on: April 18, 2011, 08:33:34 PM »
It's a long drive from Vienna to WRP headquarters.  :lol:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #434 on: April 18, 2011, 08:37:10 PM »

I agree - I mean, even fit teams like Gary/Mallory and Kent/Vyxsin had problems with it! The Roadblock was disappointing though.

And I definitely feel the physical aspect has been amped up this season. Even when we had a puzzle task with the dinosaur, it had a heavy physical aspect to it. Last season I think the two challenging physical tasks were the bridge climb in Norway and the bricks Detour in Bangladesh. This season we've seen more than that and we're not even done.

The physical part of the first leg was running around everywhere in Manly.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #435 on: April 18, 2011, 09:32:12 PM »
I'm really sorry but  this  episode  was pretty boring, especially the  chimney sweeps task  and Freud's one  :groan:

In This season most of the tasks are boring.. :( .I think the production has some budget problems..... :'(
Hoping they  bring  back the old amazing race, with breathtaking, fun and unique  tasks......

I have to agree with you, milanissimo. The wienerschnitzel/sacher torte eating was pretty impossible (notice that the two huge athletes gave it a pass without serious debate). The "carry a couch" DETOUR was pure excitement (NOT). The chimney sweep ROADBLOCK was too easy and too short a duration. This was the lamest by far of all AR18 episodes. The only real excitement was the difference in how teams handled the specifics of flight combination choices to get from Varanasi to Vienna and those important details were carefully edited out.

Haha had to add something else here. I don't think the eating Detour was impossible at all. I believe Gary and Jen both finished their own plates, it was just that their partners did not so the task was not considered complete. Seems like if Gary and Jen had been on the same team they would've been able to do it.  :lol:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #436 on: April 18, 2011, 09:47:22 PM »
Kent did the Detour with a cracked rib, which he must have gotten from the Dinosaur task.  :( That's why it was hard for him.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #437 on: April 19, 2011, 10:51:59 AM »
Press photos are out, but CBS still hasn't posted them (or episode 7 for that matter) to the CBS website.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #438 on: April 20, 2011, 08:00:10 AM »
It says Gary and Mallory Currently in Last Place when they are about to fail the eating task but just before that we see cowboys at the library...what is going on   :duno:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #439 on: April 20, 2011, 09:09:13 AM »
It says Gary and Mallory Currently in Last Place when they are about to fail the eating task but just before that we see cowboys at the library...what is going on   :duno:

I wondered about that too, but since the cowboys were headed to the couch detour, and Gary & Mallory were just making the decision to switch, I guess that puts the cowboys ahead.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #440 on: April 21, 2011, 04:53:29 AM »
I checked and 81 mph (= 130 km/hr) is mandatory, not optional. The Austrian autobahn is not the German autobahn. Someone has decreed that it be safer.

And in the towns, the speed limit is 50km/hr...