Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)  (Read 142006 times)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)
« Reply #325 on: April 17, 2011, 08:41:36 AM »
Just a few of the mostly new caps.

I find it very ironic that we had so much intel from China and so little from Austria.  Is it because teams stand out so much in China (or blend in to the scenery in Austria)?  I this picture, you could make a case for the person in the white visor (right side of the picture) recognizing the Goths and then chasing after them.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #326 on: April 17, 2011, 08:55:46 AM »
So, about DrRox flight information...

The Cowboys 'There is no way anyone is behind us'... That might be true.  They very well might be the last ones to get the book... IF the book task was first.

If the Cowboys left for Vienna from Dehli and the other teams left for Vienna from Mumbai, then the other teams have at least a 24 minute lead on the cowboys.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #327 on: April 17, 2011, 09:10:05 AM »

The Cowboys 'There is no way anyone is behind us'... That might be true.  They very well might be the last ones to get the book... IF the book task was first.

If the Cowboys left for Vienna from Dehli and the other teams left for Vienna from Mumbai, then the other teams have at least a 24 minute lead on the cowboys.

Well the Mumbai flight landed at 0504 and the Delhi flight landed at 0539.........so 35 minute head start if any team(s) took that route to Vienna.
Matthew 7:15

Offline bystander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #328 on: April 17, 2011, 09:30:09 AM »

Well the Mumbai flight landed at 0504 and the Delhi flight landed at 0539.........so 35 minute head start if any team(s) took that route to Vienna.

If those were the flights that were taken by the team. Then a 35 minute lead does not guarantee that the cowboys couldn't catch up. Given that the eating task requires them to finish the food within 12 minutes, there will be teams that will have a hard time on that and possibly will do it again or just switch task which can really eat up the lead...

LAST LEG... the cowboys experienced the same, but were able to catch up... I guess doing so in this leg is not hard too
eating and carrying  would be easy for them... given that they are all male group... the only way they get eliminated is getting lost....

I guess the book part is at the first part of the race, since the previous legs had that...

Offline theamazingracefan100

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #329 on: April 17, 2011, 09:47:13 AM »
PROMO1 PIC @0:23

Looks like Gary & Mallory to the Finish line and they are first
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 09:52:10 AM by theamazingracefan100 »

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #330 on: April 17, 2011, 09:58:16 AM »
Just a few of the mostly new caps.

I find it very ironic that we had so much intel from China and so little from Austria.  Is it because teams stand out so much in China (or blend in to the scenery in Austria)?  I this picture, you could make a case for the person in the white visor (right side of the picture) recognizing the Goths and then chasing after them.

I was thinking that person may actually be a camera guy?

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #331 on: April 17, 2011, 10:00:34 AM »

If those were the flights that were taken by the team. Then a 35 minute lead does not guarantee that the cowboys couldn't catch up. Given that the eating task requires them to finish the food within 12 minutes, there will be teams that will have a hard time on that and possibly will do it again or just switch task which can really eat up the lead...

LAST LEG... the cowboys experienced the same, but were able to catch up... I guess doing so in this leg is not hard too
eating and carrying  would be easy for them... given that they are all male group... the only way they get eliminated is getting lost....

I guess the book part is at the first part of the race, since the previous legs had that...

:bigwelcome :bigwelcome :bigwelcome

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #332 on: April 17, 2011, 10:07:59 AM »
Something else I have been wondering about............

Way way back in TAR 1, when teams were in Agra and flying to Thailand.........teams were instructed, that due to Indian laws, that international airplane tickets had to be booked/bought at a travel agency, not at the airport.

The last time TAR was in India was in TAR 14 and I dont remember them doing this. Does anyone know if India has changed that particular law?

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #333 on: April 17, 2011, 10:19:01 AM »

Do we know for sure that the eating task on the Ferris Wheel has to be completed in 12 minutes?  The last time I rode on the wheel the trip was about 27 minutes.  And since in one scene we see two teams on the wheel at the same time, the first team to board would have a few extra minutes (if the wheel has been sped up to complete a complete circuit in only 12 minutes) as the wheel would have to stop for the second team to board and receive their food.

jiajia12

« Reply #334 on: April 17, 2011, 10:22:54 AM »
first to the books is zev/justin

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #335 on: April 17, 2011, 10:53:25 AM »

The whole timing/penalty aspects of the eating detour have me completely befuddled. I think that the 12 minute quote by Gary means there are about 12 minutes left till they arrive at the stop...........but that is just what I think.

If you barf........Peach said they had to start over........start over what? Another plate of food and another revolution" If it takes them two revolutions to finish the food.......do they have to eat another serving on the first completion........see, I just dont understand the parameters of that challenge.

The Quote Function is messing up today.........grrrrr
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:30:28 AM by DrRox »

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: April 17, 2011, 10:55:14 AM »
Something else I have been wondering about............

Way way back in TAR 1, when teams were in Agra and flying to Thailand.........teams were instructed, that due to Indian laws, that international airplane tickets had to be booked/bought at a travel agency, not at the airport.

The last time TAR was in India was in TAR 14 and I dont remember them doing this. Does anyone know if India has changed that particular law?

In TAR 12 when they were leaving India to go to Osaka, Nickolas and Don went directly to the airport and we can see them going towards a door that says airlines' offices. Nothing else is mentioned so we could assume that they were able to buy tickets there.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #337 on: April 17, 2011, 12:02:49 PM »

The whole timing/penalty aspects of the eating detour have me completely befuddled. I think that the 12 minute quote by Gary means there are about 12 minutes left till they arrive at the stop...........but that is just what I think.

If you barf........Peach said they had to start over........start over what? Another plate of food and another revolution" If it takes them two revolutions to finish the food.......do they have to eat another serving on the first completion........see, I just dont understand the parameters of that challenge.

The Quote Function is messing up today.........grrrrr

In one of the promo's (maybe the last one?) they actually had a timer in the upper right hand corner.  I do believe they have 12 minutes.  I thought I heard zev or justin say '6 minutes left'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #338 on: April 17, 2011, 12:06:22 PM »
They will be buying tickets in an office, not the airport I believe.

POSSIBLE Flight info:

BOM Mumbai OS 36  Austrian scheduled 5:35 AM  actual 5:04 AM   Landed
BOM Mumbai AI 6036^  Air India 5:35 AM  5:04 AM   Landed

DEL Delhi OS 34  Austrian scheduled 6:00 AM  actual 5:39 AM   Landed

SO both flights landed early, :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #339 on: April 17, 2011, 12:09:25 PM »

How do you know they are 1st?  Is that speculation, or am I missing some important clue in that split second picture?

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #340 on: April 17, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »

Well, although the announcer is saying 'race to the finish line' while that was shown, doesn't mean G/M are first. But it does indicate they are part of the foot race but not sure if it's first place.

Offline kim05

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2011, 12:46:20 PM »
Are we sure that pic is Gary/Mallory?  It looks like the colors of the jackets match FT/BE.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #342 on: April 17, 2011, 12:50:00 PM »
Are we sure that pic is Gary/Mallory?  It looks like the colors of the jackets match FT/BE.

That's what I thought too.

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #343 on: April 17, 2011, 12:55:56 PM »

Thats what I thought also.I suspect the globetrotters place quite highly this week seeing as there's not really an indication of them struggling or having to switch detours.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #344 on: April 17, 2011, 12:57:41 PM »
I can't see what pic that is...why don't y'all use the screencaps?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #345 on: April 17, 2011, 01:13:59 PM »
I guess I am the only one that thinks this, but that comment by the Cowboys, to me, means that there is at least ONE team behind them at that point. Since Peach said that was very early after arriving in Vienna, I started looking to see how the other teams could get ahead of the Cowboys. Like last week, it appears to me that the Cowboys are on different flights than the other teams. The Cowboys dont seem to be adept at changing their transportation choices on the fly. We saw that last week and in their first season, the bus trip in Chile.

We wont know for sure till tonight, but I think the Cowboys are shocked that there is at least one book left when they leave. What they said is pretty common phrase down in this part of the world, btw.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #346 on: April 17, 2011, 01:26:26 PM »
After hearing that explanation it makes a lot of sense to me that that could be the meaning behind their statement. I tend to think that the whole book thing is going to be less important than that promo makes it seem. The real thing that concerns me about the cowboys is that they are not present in any of those detour clips.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #347 on: April 17, 2011, 01:53:09 PM »
Jet: There is still a book left.

Cord: Oh my Gravy.

Jet: There is no way there is anybody behind us.

(( Interesting... ))

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #348 on: April 17, 2011, 01:57:35 PM »
I haven't posted in a long while but all the speculation on the eating task got me to develop my own speculation.....

What we do know is that teams have to eat a rather large meal in a certain amount of time.

Therefore if the ferris wheel takes 12 minutes for a single revolution and a team can finish their meal in that period of time they are off an running to the next taks.  What happens if they can't finish it in those 12 minutes?  My guess is that they have to continue on the ferris wheel until they do finish the meal.  So if a team doesn't finish in the first 12 minutes they keep going, but if they finish 5 minutes later, of course they can't get off until 7 minutes later so that gives them 24 minutes on the ferris wheel...and to take it further, if they can't finish in 24 minutes but actually finish in 25 minutes, well that's too bad because they still have to wait 11 minutes before they can exit the ferris wheel and continue to their next task.   So really they can eat at their own pace but ultimately when they leave the task is determined by the time they can actually exit the ferris wheel which is in intervals of 12 minutes.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #349 on: April 17, 2011, 02:10:22 PM »
An interesting idea, the only reason I doubt it is that we do see one team who switched detours.  If, (if) they choose eating first, then way switch when its just a matter of spending another turn (or even two) to do the task.  I would think you would (pardon the pun) eat up more time in switching to another task.