Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)  (Read 142026 times)

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)
« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2011, 08:50:44 AM »
COWBOY FANS-Just based on the one promo of Jet & Cord leaving with the book in the daylight and then Zev & Justin being in the dark saying WE just had to get a book... This tells me that unless Jet & Cord got terribly lost on their way to the PS, they will be safe from elimination.  It's Zev and Justin that are in deep doo doo. JMO

:'( It makes me sad.  I like Zev & Justin a lot more than the trotter or the goths and 100 times more than Kisha & Jen!

And what evidence do you have that says it's pick up the book and go to the pitstop? Or for that matter, who's to say that shot of the cowboys is outside the pit stop? There is a lot to figure out yet. As posted above, we can't assume anything about the book and take it as fact. People are taking this driving in the dark thing way to seriously.

Wow!  :ascared Are you a little grumpy north?  I am trying to figure this out, just like everyone else.  I simply stated what I believe and that is, the cowboys are safe.  This is based on seeing the promos and reading the thread.  It is a three hour drive between Salzburg and Vienna.  I just don't think it makes sense for them to arrive in Salzburg, get the book, drive to Vienna and do the RB & Detour and then drive all the way back to Salzburg for the PS.  It makes more since for them to arrive in Vienna, do the RB and Detour, drive to Salzburg, pick up the book and go to the pitstop which is located in Salzburg. They MIGHT arrive in Vienna, do the detour, drive to Salzburg, get the book and do the roadblock and then go to the pitstop, HOWEVER, the shots of the PS are in the daylight.  The shot of Kisha and Jen hoping they are OK are in the daylight, Cowboys got the book in the daylight, Zev & Justin got the book in the dark which indicates they are at the back of the pack, if not last.  So, unless the cowboys got horribly lost, they are safe. JMO

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2011, 09:32:07 AM »
Wow!  :ascared Are you a little grumpy north?  I am trying to figure this out, just like everyone else.  I simply stated what I believe and that is, the cowboys are safe.  This is based on seeing the promos and reading the thread.  It is a three hour drive between Salzburg and Vienna.  I just don't think it makes sense for them to arrive in Salzburg, get the book, drive to Vienna and do the RB & Detour and then drive all the way back to Salzburg for the PS.  It makes more since for them to arrive in Vienna, do the RB and Detour, drive to Salzburg, pick up the book and go to the pitstop which is located in Salzburg. They MIGHT arrive in Vienna, do the detour, drive to Salzburg, get the book and do the roadblock and then go to the pitstop, HOWEVER, the shots of the PS are in the daylight.  The shot of Kisha and Jen hoping they are OK are in the daylight, Cowboys got the book in the daylight, Zev & Justin got the book in the dark which indicates they are at the back of the pack, if not last.  So, unless the cowboys got horribly lost, they are safe. JMO

Now after reading Peaches statement... it is always possible that the book thing was 1st IF they picked it up in Vienna instead of Salzburg... In that case, the cowboys are behind Zev & Justin because dark comes before daylight in the morning and daylight before dark in the evening.  BUT One would think that they would get stuck with HOO.  Say the place they got the book opened at 7:00am, then the cowboys would be pretty far behind. (Did all teams make the same flight to Vienna or did the boys get lost?)

One thing we need to find out is where they did the RB.  It has something to do with Chimney Sweeping.  Peach indicates the RB is in Salzburg. 

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2011, 09:54:12 AM »
In the caps scene no. 6 is a closeup of the Hapsburg family crest which is located above the passageway leading from the original Hofburg palace to the Neue Burg and the Heidemplatz.

Scene no. 29 is of the Trotters getting into their car which is parked in the Heidenplatz in front of the Neue Burg with the Burgtor in the background leading across the Burgring to the Maria-Theresia Platz and site of a Christmas Market where the detour clue could be given out.

Hopefully Peach will post the pix of above which I have sent her.

Another thought:  if the book the teams must pick up is located in Vienna the Austrian National Library which is in the Hofburg complex might be the location.  
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:36:13 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2011, 10:04:25 AM »

Scene no. 29 is of the Trotters getting into their car which is parked in the Heidenplatz in front of the Neue Burg with the Burgtor in the background leading across the Burgring to the Maria-Theresia Platz and site of a Christmas Market where the detour clue could be given out.

That's what I was trying to say, but you said it so much better. That is where they were spotted I believe.

Another thought:  if the book the teams must pick up is located in Vienna the Austrian National Library which is in the Hofburg complex might be the location. 

I like that a lot. That seems to be a great possibility.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2011, 10:21:21 AM »
Something to think about.........

Teams finished Leg 7 in Varanasi about sunset on Dec 3, 2110.

Phil flew to Vienna on Dec 4, 2110. It was too late to fly out of Varanasi on Dec 3 for him. He arrived in Vienna the morning of Dec 5, which gives him the day to film his standups.

There were 4 flights from Varanasi on Dec 5, between 1340-1615 that teams could use to fly from Varanasi to Delhi. It all depends on when teams were released from the extended Pit Stop.

Cowboys were seen about midnight of Dec5/6 in the food court of the Delhi airport. They were obviously waiting for OS34, 0230-0600 (0549). It did arrive 21 minutes early. If one would project 1 hour to deplane and clear custom/immigration, then Cowboys could have been on the road at about 0649 on Dec 6th.

No other teams were observed traveling on this leg.

But........................................

There is another flight to Vienna from India. It is OS 36.  BOM (Mumbai)-VIE, 0125-0535 (0504), arriving 31 minutes early.
There was only 1 flight from Varanasi to Mumbai that day, Dec 5, 2110  IC 195 1345-1545. That seems like a pretty hard flight to catch unless teams were released to simulate a old fashioned 12 hour pit stop.

But if teams were to do a Mirna/Charla and fly from Varanasi to Delhi.......then there were 15 flights from Delhi to Mumbai from about 1800 to 2330.......plenty of time to catch the OS 36 @ 0125. This could explain a couple of things....

1) no other teams were spotted in the Delhi airport, only the Cowboys.....
2) could explain the Cowboys comment coming out of that castle....they are head of at least one team with an approximate 40 minute headstart on arriving in Vienna........
3) Could mean the pack is trying to separate itself from the Cowboys and left them alone in the Delhi airport.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:23:26 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2011, 10:32:57 AM »
From the live sightings thread..........

GabGabyGabby  I saw them trying to take a taxi, they were in front of a monument or something, close to a Christmas market.   1 minute ago

gingerman.......what do you make of that? Does it sound like the BTs were trying to take a taxi back to the parked car?
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2011, 01:18:14 PM »
And Still to be ID'd:

I haven't found anything like this yet, I've been looking.

Slowhatch posted it 2 posts above yours! And thank G-Man as well for the pic!

And for the record...if I am speculating, I say so. If I don't...I am not. :angel
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2011, 02:40:46 PM »
From the live sightings thread..........

GabGabyGabby  I saw them trying to take a taxi, they were in front of a monument or something, close to a Christmas market.   1 minute ago

gingerman.......what do you make of that? Does it sound like the BTs were trying to take a taxi back to the parked car?

I don't think it would be back to the parked car which is in the Heidenplatz, but if it is in front of the Christmas Market in Maria-Theresa Platz (that's across from the Hofburg and Heidenplatz) the team might be getting a cab to either the Freud Museum or the Prada.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #283 on: April 16, 2011, 03:08:42 PM »
In the caps scene no. 6 is a closeup of the Hapsburg family crest which is located above the passageway leading from the original Hofburg palace to the Neue Burg and the Heidemplatz.

Hopefully Peach will post the pix of above which I have sent her.

Another thought:  if the book the teams must pick up is located in Vienna the Austrian National Library which is in the Hofburg complex might be the location. 

Thanks GMan!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #284 on: April 16, 2011, 03:50:27 PM »
COWBOY FANS-Just based on the one promo of Jet & Cord leaving with the book in the daylight and then Zev & Justin being in the dark saying WE just had to get a book... This tells me that unless Jet & Cord got terribly lost on their way to the PS, they will be safe from elimination.  It's Zev and Justin that are in deep doo doo. JMO

:'( It makes me sad.  I like Zev & Justin a lot more than the trotter or the goths and 100 times more than Kisha & Jen!

And what evidence do you have that says it's pick up the book and go to the pitstop? Or for that matter, who's to say that shot of the cowboys is outside the pit stop? There is a lot to figure out yet. As posted above, we can't assume anything about the book and take it as fact. People are taking this driving in the dark thing way to seriously.

Wow!  :ascared Are you a little grumpy north?  I am trying to figure this out, just like everyone else.  I simply stated what I believe and that is, the cowboys are safe.  This is based on seeing the promos and reading the thread.  It is a three hour drive between Salzburg and Vienna.  I just don't think it makes sense for them to arrive in Salzburg, get the book, drive to Vienna and do the RB & Detour and then drive all the way back to Salzburg for the PS.  It makes more since for them to arrive in Vienna, do the RB and Detour, drive to Salzburg, pick up the book and go to the pitstop which is located in Salzburg. They MIGHT arrive in Vienna, do the detour, drive to Salzburg, get the book and do the roadblock and then go to the pitstop, HOWEVER, the shots of the PS are in the daylight.  The shot of Kisha and Jen hoping they are OK are in the daylight, Cowboys got the book in the daylight, Zev & Justin got the book in the dark which indicates they are at the back of the pack, if not last.  So, unless the cowboys got horribly lost, they are safe. JMO

haha I didn't mean to come off like that. It just bugs me when assumptions continue to be made on something only a few posts after it is stated that we really can't tell anything from it.

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #285 on: April 16, 2011, 05:18:24 PM »
Something to think about.........

Teams finished Leg 7 in Varanasi about sunset on Dec 3, 2110.

Phil flew to Vienna on Dec 4, 2110. It was too late to fly out of Varanasi on Dec 3 for him. He arrived in Vienna the morning of Dec 5, which gives him the day to film his standups.

There were 4 flights from Varanasi on Dec 5, between 1340-1615 that teams could use to fly from Varanasi to Delhi. It all depends on when teams were released from the extended Pit Stop.

Cowboys were seen about midnight of Dec5/6 in the food court of the Delhi airport. They were obviously waiting for OS34, 0230-0600 (0549). It did arrive 21 minutes early. If one would project 1 hour to deplane and clear custom/immigration, then Cowboys could have been on the road at about 0649 on Dec 6th.

No other teams were observed traveling on this leg.

But........................................

There is another flight to Vienna from India. It is OS 36.  BOM-VIE, 0125-0535 (0504), arriving 31 minutes early.
There was only 1 flight from Varanasi to Mumbai that day, Dec 5, 2110  IC 195 1345-1545. That seems like a pretty hard flight to catch unless teams were released to simulate a old fashioned 12 hour pit stop.

But if teams were to do a Mirna/Charla and fly from Varanasi to Delhi.......then there were 15 flights from Delhi to Mumbai from about 1800 and 2330.......plenty of time to catch the OS 35 @ 0125. This could explain a couple of things....

1) no other teams were spotted in the Delhi airport, only the Cowboys.....
2) could explain the Cowboys comment coming out of that castle....they are head of at least one team with an approximate 40 minute headstart on arriving in Vienna........
3) Could mean the pack is trying to separate itself from the Cowboys and left them alone in the Delhi airport.

Could also explain why they aren't shown doing the detour, because it could be really dark or something in comparison to the other teams.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #286 on: April 16, 2011, 05:26:13 PM »
It is logical to believe that the Cowboys are going to be eliminated; I have suspected as much all week.
If this is true, I sure will miss them. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #287 on: April 16, 2011, 06:25:18 PM »
It is logical to believe that the Cowboys are going to be eliminated; I have suspected as much all week.

I'm sorry,but I'm slightly confused.Why is it logical to believe the cowboys are eliminated exactly?

Also,I may have missed this,but does anyone know whether this season will have non-elimination legs?

jiajia12

« Reply #288 on: April 16, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
I want to thank Joe my Austria friend this week for the infos he provided for me :jam:
and next week I'll get my Swiss friend to help us :tup:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: April 16, 2011, 06:54:06 PM »
Also,I may have missed this,but does anyone know whether this season will have non-elimination legs?

There is one normal NEL that may appear soon.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #290 on: April 16, 2011, 06:57:54 PM »

I'm sorry,but I'm slightly confused.Why is it logical to believe the cowboys are eliminated exactly?

I just think that the spec here makes sense that they could get lost and be performing detours late which is why they are the only team that has not been seen doing tasks. There is no real proof, it's just a possibility.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #291 on: April 16, 2011, 07:33:01 PM »

I just think that the spec here makes sense that they could get lost and be performing detours late which is why they are the only team that has not been seen doing tasks. There is no real proof, it's just a possibility.

The fact that the editors included the quote from them saying "There's no way anybody is behind us" (or something like that) makes me think that they won't be eliminated. It would be too obvious. But that's just spec.

jiajia12

« Reply #292 on: April 16, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »
Ron said 'This is the end of the line for me' last week . So all is possible :flirt:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #293 on: April 16, 2011, 07:49:06 PM »
Another promo - nothing new...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #294 on: April 16, 2011, 07:51:18 PM »
There is something important! Kisha and Jen are doing that one too!

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #295 on: April 16, 2011, 07:56:18 PM »

There is one normal NEL that may appear soon.

Thanks!

Connayyy,I agree.I think it's too obvious and so doubt the cowboys are performing as badly as we are led to believe.

Looks like the globetrotters had quite an easy time with the detour.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #296 on: April 16, 2011, 08:03:24 PM »

Oh, really?!?! :'( It's really confirmation? :'( :'(:'( :'( :'(
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #297 on: April 16, 2011, 08:20:37 PM »

Oh, really?!?! :'( It's really confirmation? :'( :'(:'( :'( :'(

No it isn't...it is just one person's speculation.

Thanks for the promo. there is actually a good bit of connecting info in there. And def confirms at least one Detour switch.

I have more to come in a while!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #298 on: April 16, 2011, 08:22:06 PM »
As I said here in a follow up, it seems likely but not confirmed.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #299 on: April 16, 2011, 08:32:47 PM »
It sounded like he was saying Marietta Blau Saal.