Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)  (Read 141994 times)

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)
« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2011, 02:38:18 PM »
COWBOY FANS-Just based on the one promo of Jet & Cord leaving with the book in the daylight and then Zev & Justin being in the dark saying WE just had to get a book... This tells me that unless Jet & Cord got terribly lost on their way to the PS, they will be safe from elimination.  It's Zev and Justin that are in deep doo doo. JMO

:'( It makes me sad.  I like Zev & Justin a lot more than the trotter or the goths and 100 times more than Kisha & Jen!

Good catch.You may be right.I feel that the goths time will be up soon-too much friction between the pair.However,their original season is the one I haven't watched so I don't know whether they've always argued.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: April 15, 2011, 02:52:11 PM »
It will be incredibly tough to find out where the Billa is located. If we could see which tram-line is going by, we would have a better shot.

The Globetrotters are climbing back into their car infront of the Burgtor.

That is not far from the university at all so they have probably just finished the couch task.

Perhaps they do drive out to that castle in Salzburg. It would be an almost three hour drive but that is not unheard of. It looks like early in the morning when Z/J are headed there so perhaps it is first.

Are we positive they fly directly to Vienna? There seem to be several flight options from Delhi to Salzburg, some of which connect through Mumbai where teams may have been sighted.
The bottom paragraph appears to have disappeared, for good reason. The concept that there are several flight options from Delhi to Salzburg does not pass muster. Here are the facts:

Of the top flights Delhi to Vienna, Austrian Air is nonstop and the other combination connect through:
Moscow
Zurich (2)
Amman
Munich 
Frankfurt
Amsterdam
Dubai
Helsinki

The comparable best flight connections from Delhi to Salzburg are:
via Vienna (this should be no surprise) (2)
Frankfurt
Zurich

There are more than twice as many top connections to Vienna vs. to the much smaller airport at Salzburg. This is no surprise.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: April 15, 2011, 02:52:44 PM »
COWBOY FANS-Just based on the one promo of Jet & Cord leaving with the book in the daylight and then Zev & Justin being in the dark saying WE just had to get a book... This tells me that unless Jet & Cord got terribly lost on their way to the PS, they will be safe from elimination.  It's Zev and Justin that are in deep doo doo. JMO

:'( It makes me sad.  I like Zev & Justin a lot more than the trotter or the goths and 100 times more than Kisha & Jen!

And what evidence do you have that says it's pick up the book and go to the pitstop? Or for that matter, who's to say that shot of the cowboys is outside the pit stop? There is a lot to figure out yet. As posted above, we can't assume anything about the book and take it as fact. People are taking this driving in the dark thing way to seriously.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #253 on: April 15, 2011, 04:17:50 PM »
So the Price is Right just ended and there was a promo  at the end with what I think are mostly shots we have seen.

I did notice that the eating challenge also involves a slice of cake as we see it being served to Gallory.

As pointed out earlier that "slice of cake" is the famous Viennese Sachertorte a rich chocolate cage with a thin layer of apricot jam under the hard outer chocolate frosting.  There is a continuing battle between the Sacher Hotel and Demel's coffeehouse as to whom the original recipe belongs. They have even gone to court over the battle. Whether the apricot jam is in the center (Demel's) or under the Frosting (Shacher Hotel) both versions are delicious and very filling especially after a large Wienerschnitzel with salad and fries.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #254 on: April 15, 2011, 04:23:07 PM »
Here it is Friday and we have had only one promo, or have I missed some?  CBS promotes the hell out of Survivor and Undercover Boss, but very little for TAR, what gives?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #255 on: April 15, 2011, 05:07:18 PM »
I haven't seen anything else. It is kind of disappointing, they haven't even updated the press photos for this week or last week either and they took longer than usual to post the secret scenes.

Don't forget though, last time they were lagging like this they decided to "catch up" by leaking a whole ton of videos on Friday and Saturday so maybe the fun is still to come.  :lol: 
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: April 15, 2011, 05:49:05 PM »
I haven't seen anything else. It is kind of disappointing, they haven't even updated the press photos for this week or last week either and they took longer than usual to post the secret scenes.

Don't forget though, last time they were lagging like this they decided to "catch up" by leaking a whole ton of videos on Friday and Saturday so maybe the fun is still to come.  :lol: 
New promo just posted - I can't see it because its geo-blocked...

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/video/?play=true&pid=sdcKk_Dp_SgAO6sxS95V_OLEf0ELYVBl
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #257 on: April 15, 2011, 06:13:45 PM »
It's a Detour clip.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2011, 06:14:22 PM »

New promo just posted - I can't see it because its geo-blocked...

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/video/?play=true&pid=sdcKk_Dp_SgAO6sxS95V_OLEf0ELYVBl

There's not much new or useful in this promo. Just Zev/Justin and Jen/Kisha struggling (and possibly about to fail) to finish the Wiener Schnitzel and Sachertorte in the time allowed.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #259 on: April 15, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »
The useful part is that Gary and Mallory are not there. Makes me wonder what time they get there since these clips almost always show the first teams to do the task.

So who's doing what detour?

Couch: Goths, Trotters,

Food: Gallory, Sisters, Zev and Justin

Cowboys??

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #260 on: April 15, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »
OK, So what I get, if this is a puzzle of sorts, is:
6 sweeps = 1 racer from each team = Roadblock
It's dark = the roadblock is completed in the  MORNING dark BEFORE the detour.  Reasoning is because, the detours are done in the daylight and in the screencaps of the PS, it's daylight.  However, the promo's are not showing anything from the roadblock, yet... The night scene with Zev and Justin are at EVENING dark (or late afternoon dark). I don't believe the book task is the roadblock, I think it's just a route info...

Am I close Peach?

I think you may be on to something here, Lucybell!

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2011, 06:26:47 PM »
Do we have any flight information for this leg of the race?

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »
How do we even know if there's a roadblock on this leg? Is it possible given the fact that they have to cover so much distance by going to Salzburg that they just have the detour and misc. route tasks? Do they ever have legs with no roadblocks? I just find it strange that there's been absolutely nothing in any promo image that indicates a roadblock task (as of yet).

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #263 on: April 15, 2011, 07:02:14 PM »
How do we even know if there's a roadblock on this leg? Is it possible given the fact that they have to cover so much distance by going to Salzburg that they just have the detour and misc. route tasks? Do they ever have legs with no roadblocks? I just find it strange that there's been absolutely nothing in any promo image that indicates a roadblock task (as of yet).
Yes in Season 14 leg 7 in Thailand there was only a unaired fast forward and a detour. No Roablocks :hearts:
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2011, 09:20:09 PM »
Yes in Season 14 leg 7 in Thailand there was only a unaired fast forward and a detour. No Roablocks :hearts:
Yeah, that's true. And also, in the older seasons, they hardly eveer had a Roadblock on Leg 1, so it definitely is possible that there is no Roadblock, although I personally think there is a Roadblock that we haven't yet seen.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2011, 10:55:33 PM »
How do we even know if there's a roadblock on this leg?

I know you read the discussion about this....

I gave y'all the RB being something to do with sweeping chimneys, remember? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2011, 11:32:20 PM »
Do we have any flight information for this leg of the race?

Nine posts above you. :lol:

Possibles, that is.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #267 on: April 16, 2011, 02:12:53 AM »
Okay....

We know the Cowboys were seen in the Delhi airport about midnight on Dec 5.

We know the Pitstop for this leg occured on Dec 6.

Austrian Airlines (codeshare with Lufthansa and Air India) have the direct Delhi>>to Vienna flight.

OS 34
Duration:    7h 38m 
Dep 2:30 AM - Mon 06-Dec-2010
Arr EARLY at 5:39 AM - Mon 06-Dec-2010

Sunrise 0740

We see Zev/Justin in a car in the dark discussing getting a book clue.

So if this is after arrival in the dark...this then occurs in Vienna not Salzburg as we have been speculating.

So go collect a clue somewhere in or near Vienna:

Receive book...take book to somewhere else (LIBRARY :lol: ?? ) >>receive Detour clue.

Get DETOUR clue from at or near this location?? Or are the Trotters finishing up here? ???

(what is there??)

And proceed to Detour tasks:

Eat (food challenge on the famous Wiener Riesenrad (German for "Viennese giant wheel") Ferris wheel at the entrance of the Prater amusement park in Leopoldstadt)

or Carry Freud's couch from Museum to Univ Vienna:

Then drive yourself to Salzburg

and proceed to the RB involving Chimney Sweeping

Then on to the Pitstop at the Von Trapp home/Hotel:

====================
So why are teams here:

And could this be where teams get the book or take the book to??

And then we have these...are they atmosphere/Location ID shots or do they mean something??

Hohensalzburg Fortess in Salzburg:

and the Hofburg Palace in Vienna:

Compare to

And Still to be ID'd:

Speculated teams who have trouble this leg:

Anyone doing the EAT Detour.... K/J, G/M, Z/J. Can ANYONE manage that food in 12 minutes?? :ascared

If not, they must redo it, or switch Detours.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2011, 02:32:44 AM »
It's a footrace to the finish... :duno:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2011, 03:15:54 AM »
How do we even know if there's a roadblock on this leg?

I know you read the discussion about this....

I gave y'all the RB being something to do with sweeping chimneys, remember? ???

It's the Fast Forward!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: April 16, 2011, 03:22:43 AM »
The emblem is Hofburg as well.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2011, 04:16:32 AM »
I'm not sure where the right place to post this is, but the title of the next episode according to the CBS site:

http://www.cbs.com/info/schedule/index.php

is "We're Good American People" (Switzerland)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2011, 05:51:28 AM »
The emblem is Hofburg as well.

Thanks Slowhatch!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2011, 08:14:58 AM »
Okay....

We know the Cowboys were seen in the Delhi airport about midnight on Dec 5.

We know the Pitstop for this leg occured on Dec 6.

Austrian Airlines (codeshare with Lufthansa and Air India) have the direct Delhi>>to Vienna flight.

OS 34
Duration:    7h 38m  
Dep 2:30 AM - Mon 06-Dec-2010
Arr EARLY at 5:39 AM - Mon 06-Dec-2010

Sunrise 0740

We see Zev/Justin in a car in the dark discussing getting a book clue.

So if this is after arrival in the dark...this then occurs in Vienna not Salzburg as we have been speculating.

So go collect a clue somewhere in or near Vienna:

With the early sunset it could be at nightfall as well. Do you think the Salzburg castle shot was a complete throw off? hard to tell...

Receive book...take book to somewhere else (LIBRARY :lol: ?? ) >>receive Detour clue.

Get DETOUR clue from at or near this location?? Or are the Trotters finishing up here? ???

(what is there??)

That location is not at all far from the University and could be where they parked before beginning the task. I wonder if that attraction there (can't remember the name) was the detour choice point and they are talking about Freud after choosing to do it.

And proceed to Detour tasks:

Eat (food challenge on the famous Wiener Riesenrad (German for "Viennese giant wheel") Ferris wheel at the entrance of the Prater amusement park in Leopoldstadt)

or Carry Freud's couch from Museum to Univ Vienna:

Then drive yourself to Salzburg

and proceed to the RB involving Chimney Sweeping

Then on to the Pitstop at the Von Trapp home/Hotel:

====================
So why are teams here:

The goths are very close to the museum so maybe they have to park around there before doing the task and are sorta struggling with finding the museum.

And then we have these...are they atmosphere/Location ID shots or do they mean something??

Hohensalzburg Fortess in Salzburg:

and the Hofburg Palace in Vienna:

Compare to

It specifically talks about going to castles and then shows the Hohensalzburg so I would be surprised not to see it.

And Still to be ID'd:

I haven't found anything like this yet, I've been looking.

Speculated teams who have trouble this leg:

Anyone doing the EAT Detour.... K/J, G/M, Z/J. Can ANYONE manage that food in 12 minutes?? :ascared

If not, they must redo it, or switch Detours.

Should  be interesting to see. The detours seem unbalanced don't they. Maybe there is something more to the couch one?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:19:59 AM by The Prophet »

jiajia12

« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2011, 08:26:24 AM »
I mean phil always shoots before the teams get there..

i mentioned Hofburg palace before and i was right  aswell.

i thought chimney museum only opens on sunday 10-12 noon.