Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)  (Read 142036 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)
« Reply #225 on: April 13, 2011, 03:41:24 PM »

hmmm... thanks for the info! it helps a lot... I'm just so worried that my favorite might go home... and I don't think the cowboys aren't that bad with navigation.. a lot of teams from all seasons makes the wrong turn too you know... :)

ianinator..........At this point in time, Wed 340pm CST, April 13, 2011, I only have evidence of 4 teams ever making it to Salzburg. From the preview/promo screencaps from this episode, I know that Jet/Cord and Kent/Vyxin get there. From previous spoilers I know that Kisha/Jen and FT/BE get there. Whether Kisha/Jen and/or FT/BE were racing or acting as decoys is not known.
Matthew 7:15

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #226 on: April 13, 2011, 04:08:27 PM »
For those looking at light levels for clues, it looks like for Vienna in early December sunrise is about 7:30am and sunset is around 4:00pm.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=259&month=12&year=2010&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

Would any relevant red-eye flights have turned the Racers loose before sunrise once you account for clearing customs and such? Or could they have gotten in late and hit a 8:00am HOO start time in order to finish any longish drives before dark?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #227 on: April 13, 2011, 04:51:26 PM »
Regarding the Jet/Cord comment about no one being behind them, I can easily think of a context that no one is proximately behind them at that location, not necessarily that they are the last team at that point.

I've seen too many editor tricks over the years not to consider the above as the actual context of the comment, which could be used in a misleading way by the editors for the previews/promos.
-- theschnauzers

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #228 on: April 13, 2011, 05:58:45 PM »
Regarding the Jet/Cord comment about no one being behind them, I can easily think of a context that no one is proximately behind them at that location, not necessarily that they are the last team at that point.

I've seen too many editor tricks over the years not to consider the above as the actual context of the comment, which could be used in a misleading way by the editors for the previews/promos.

I think you're absolutely right. Also, I definitely don't believe that the editors would have included the quote if the cowboys actually were the ones sent home. It seems like they just want to stir up some anticipation.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #229 on: April 13, 2011, 06:03:15 PM »
Poor Kat having to eat that after all those years without meat!

Does the stamp/image in the opened book sort of look like the giant Ferris Wheel?  That wouldn't make any sense timeline wise, but that was my first thought.

EDIT:  Just actually watched the preview and it's clearly just a stamp of some sort.  What does Justin say exactly?  "Drive a big book from Harry Potter?"

He says "We just had to grab a big book from a chick in Harry Potter." I think he means that the girl giving them the book looks like Hermione from Harry Potter.

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #230 on: April 13, 2011, 07:47:30 PM »

Does the stamp/image in the opened book sort of look like the giant Ferris Wheel?  That wouldn't make any sense timeline wise, but that was my first thought.

EDIT:  Just actually watched the preview and it's clearly just a stamp of some sort.  What does Justin say exactly?  "Drive a big book from Harry Potter?"

He says "We just had to grab a big book from a chick in Harry Potter." I think he means that the girl giving them the book looks like Hermione from Harry Potter.
But in Harry potter???
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #231 on: April 13, 2011, 11:53:15 PM »

hmmm... thanks for the info! it helps a lot... I'm just so worried that my favorite might go home... and I don't think the cowboys aren't that bad with navigation.. a lot of teams from all seasons makes the wrong turn too you know... :)

ianinator..........At this point in time, Wed 340pm CST, April 13, 2011, I only have evidence of 4 teams ever making it to Salzburg. From the preview/promo screencaps from this episode, I know that Jet/Cord and Kent/Vyxin get there. From previous spoilers I know that Kisha/Jen and FT/BE get there. Whether Kisha/Jen and/or FT/BE were racing or acting as decoys is not known.
so are you saying that the cowboys are safe this week????

Offline LizBee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #232 on: April 14, 2011, 12:27:38 AM »
New here. Great MB. You guys do a fantastic job.

Re the Cowboys, I see it as them thinking they have done badly in the tasks and are most likely last, but when they get to the location see more books and with disbelief comment "there is no way anyone is behind us"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2011, 12:37:17 AM »
:welcome2: to RFF, LizBee!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: April 14, 2011, 12:41:47 AM »
Can anyone make out what Justin says in the car in the dark?  It sounds like he says, "We just had to pick up a book from the chick in Harry Potter."  Which means they got the book when it was dark.  Not sure if that means early morning or sundown.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #235 on: April 14, 2011, 12:48:07 AM »
I think it is either "I'll just have to grab a big book from the the chick in Harry Potter"...or "I just had to grab..." :duno:

Loverocked--are your vids captioned?? If so, can you post what they say please??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #236 on: April 14, 2011, 12:59:46 AM »
In this season,

the promo actually indicates a lot about the teams being eliminated, eg,Luke and Margie, Ron and Chris

I'm guessing if you see someone's in trouble in the promo, they will actually be the one to go.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2011, 01:04:32 AM »
Loverocked--are your vids captioned?? If so, can you post what they say please??

Which episode on video? I have my captioned. :) Here video: link removed
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:21:54 AM by georgiapeach »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2011, 01:35:17 AM »
You Tube has added an experimental transcribing captioning service to the videos using Google's speech recognition software.  It's producing some very humorous transcriptions of the last part of episode 7.
-- theschnauzers

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #239 on: April 14, 2011, 01:49:14 AM »
You Tube has added an experimental transcribing captioning service to the videos using Google's speech recognition software.  It's producing some very humorous transcriptions of the last part of episode 7.

Its hilarious!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #240 on: April 14, 2011, 07:29:12 AM »
Can anyone make out what Justin says in the car in the dark?  It sounds like he says, "We just had to pick up a book from the chick in Harry Potter."  Which means they got the book when it was dark.  Not sure if that means early morning or sundown.

I can't see the captions, but this is what we need.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #241 on: April 14, 2011, 08:36:07 AM »

Does the stamp/image in the opened book sort of look like the giant Ferris Wheel?  That wouldn't make any sense timeline wise, but that was my first thought.

I think this is what he says and the best explanation of why he said it. What really needs to be determined is where that stamp directs them to.

Keep in mind that even if they are headed to the PS they could be in first for all we know. Sunset in Salzburg on that day was 4PM and we have no comparison as to what the daylight quality is for other teams as they head to the PS.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #242 on: April 14, 2011, 11:23:35 AM »
So the Price is Right just ended and there was a promo  at the end with what I think are mostly shots we have seen.

I did notice that the eating challenge also involves a slice of cake as we see it being served to Gallory.

jiajia12

« Reply #243 on: April 14, 2011, 04:24:18 PM »
I assume the book must give them the pit stop location

Zev/Justin must have done the (maybe]RB) & the detour already (if)since both are in Vienna than travel to Salzburg for  the book and pitstop,which should b pretty sure they are travelling at night at the promo either getting the book or traveling to the pit stop. :duno:

or the RB Is in Salzburg. after completing detour travel by train/car to Salzburg. than pitstop.
maybe you get a book after finising the RB? I think the book give them the location of pitstop for some reason :waves:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 04:34:11 PM by jiajia12 »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: April 14, 2011, 05:30:57 PM »

Zev/Justin must have done the (maybe]RB) & the detour already (if)since both are in Vienna than travel to Salzburg for  the book and pitstop,which should b pretty sure they are travelling at night at the promo either getting the book or traveling to the pit stop. :duno:

or the RB Is in Salzburg. after completing detour travel by train/car to Salzburg. than pitstop.
maybe you get a book after finising the RB? I think the book give them the location of pitstop for some reason :waves:
I don't think we can assume anything about the book, except that it is a clue.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #245 on: April 14, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »

Zev/Justin must have done the (maybe]RB) & the detour already (if)since both are in Vienna than travel to Salzburg for  the book and pitstop,which should b pretty sure they are travelling at night at the promo either getting the book or traveling to the pit stop. :duno:

One thing that caught my eye out of all that was that they are almost definitely driving from Vienna to Salzburg. Besides the fact that it would be unusual to catch a train in the middle of a leg, the promo shows self driving the whole time, in both cities.
Not sure if that helps much.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

jiajia12

« Reply #246 on: April 14, 2011, 06:36:26 PM »
.Were pretty much sure Zev/Justin driving in the dark because they had a detour a Vienna at day THAN TRAVEL to Salzburg

3 hour drive it' is almost completly dark,maybe we can work out the timing :ascared

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #247 on: April 15, 2011, 02:16:59 PM »
The picture is of chimney sweeps???   :duno:

:winner

And what are we missing?? :jumpy:

OK, So what I get, if this is a puzzle of sorts, is:
6 sweeps = 1 racer from each team = Roadblock
It's dark = the roadblock is completed in the  MORNING dark BEFORE the detour.  Reasoning is because, the detours are done in the daylight and in the screencaps of the PS, it's daylight.  However, the promo's are not showing anything from the roadblock, yet... The night scene with Zev and Justin are at EVENING dark (or late afternoon dark). I don't believe the book task is the roadblock, I think it's just a route info...

Am I close Peach?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: April 15, 2011, 02:18:36 PM »
Although it does make more sense to be headed on the west to east track from Vienna to Salzburg since Lichtenstein and Zermatt are next. There could be a pseudo PitStop in Salzburg with a KRL to Lichtenstein .

Prophet,

I believe your sense of direction is better than this. Vienna to Salzburg is clearly east to west. It does make potential sense since going in the direction of Liechtenstein is the way they need to go.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #249 on: April 15, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »
COWBOY FANS-Just based on the one promo of Jet & Cord leaving with the book in the daylight and then Zev & Justin being in the dark saying WE just had to get a book... This tells me that unless Jet & Cord got terribly lost on their way to the PS, they will be safe from elimination.  It's Zev and Justin that are in deep doo doo. JMO

:'( It makes me sad.  I like Zev & Justin a lot more than the trotter or the goths and 100 times more than Kisha & Jen!