Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)  (Read 142022 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2011, 04:38:10 AM »
so I speculate one more time, on that promo that someone posted.. Peach maybe? anyways, Jet said that "there's no way that somebody is behind us" could it be they're in last? or could it also be they're in first running to the pit stop and they didn't see any cars parked somewhere?

hmm, I'm guessing they're ahead of everyone... anyone else think that too??

man, I just don't want the cowboys to get eliminated!!.. I want them to be the first team to make it to the end twice...!!! :)

PLEASE GOD LET THEM BE FIRST!! :(((((

They probably just counted the number of books left, when they picked up theirs.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:48:10 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2011, 06:46:13 AM »
so I speculate one more time, on that promo that someone posted.. Peach maybe? anyways, Jet said that "there's no way that somebody is behind us" could it be they're in last? or could it also be they're in first running to the pit stop and they didn't see any cars parked somewhere?

man, I just don't want the cowboys to get eliminated!!.. I want them to be the first team to make it to the end twice...!!! :)

They probably just counted the number of books left, when they picked up theirs.

ummmm.. I'm lost.. I'm sorry but can you please clarify it to me... thank you :)

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2011, 07:33:26 AM »
I think...they are eating  an Weiner schnitzel ...which is the  Austrian version  of Cototetta alla Milanese...a traditional dish from Milan.. :<3

:food:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2011, 07:46:35 AM »

ummmm.. I'm lost.. I'm sorry but can you please clarify it to me... thank you :)

DrRox means that the cowboys are running out of the castle and they see that they have received the last of the six books indicating that they are behind at that point.

It's just spec but it is highly probable, imo.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2011, 07:48:16 AM »
The Express Pass replaces the Fast Forward, folks.

That's why the FF wasn't seen last season, and won't be seen this season.

It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

That's what I thought too. I actually like the EP better. But there was a FF last year. :lol:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:55:44 AM by The Prophet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2011, 07:57:32 AM »
The Express Pass replaces the Fast Forward, folks.

That's why the FF wasn't seen last season, and won't be seen this season.

It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

That's what I thought too. I actually like the EP better. But there was a FF last year. :lol:

Except that there was a FF last season.... ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline nash

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Philippians 4:13
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2011, 08:42:35 AM »

Maybe...  Definitely sounds to me as if they *think* they're in last place at that point.  Which makes me believe that they are NOT in last place at that point...   :lol:

Offline flair0310

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2011, 09:50:51 AM »

Maybe...  Definitely sounds to me as if they *think* they're in last place at that point.  Which makes me believe that they are NOT in last place at that point...   :lol:

Just speculating a little bit, but when we see Jet & Cord make the statement, assuming they are running to or from the castle in Salzburg, there is still daylight. When we see Zev & Justin in the car it's already dark outside. Now it was December and it doesn't take long for night to fall, I just think Jet & Cord are definitely in front of Zev & Justin ...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2011, 09:53:14 AM »
That's what I think too, Flair, but it's hard to tell where Z\J are in that dark shot. :duno:

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2011, 09:57:07 AM »

I think so too.Perhaps the cowboys took a different flight again and so see none of the other teams the whole leg and so think they're behind again when infact they are actually first?

Offline nash

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Philippians 4:13
« Reply #210 on: April 13, 2011, 10:12:45 AM »
That's what I think too, Flair, but it's hard to tell where Z\J are in that dark shot. :duno:

The preview also says that there's a footrace to the finish.  If our speculation is true, that would mean that at least one other team is "in the dark" as well...  Maybe we'll see something in the next preview that will help!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2011, 10:44:19 AM »
Remember that dark could also be arrival shots.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2011, 10:48:23 AM »
I never got any response about my speculation that the RB might have something to do with the Chimney Sweep Museum in Vienna based on the Mary Poppins pic that Peach posted (how's that for an alliteration!) (page 8 of this thread)...anyone know?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2011, 11:36:15 AM »
It was discussed way back in the thread mds...someone else (Prophet? DrRox?) found it also.

I have no idea, but sounds quite possible!

and alliteration is PPPPPerfect! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2011, 12:26:41 PM »
Remember that dark could also be arrival shots.

But Justin is talking about going to get the book and that is in Salzburg which is supposed to be after the Vienna part. Unless the book is the first thing they do after landing and that castle in Salzburg is a throwoff.

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2011, 01:59:29 PM »
So the roadblock is first then detour or vice versa??????  :duno: :duno: :duno: :duno:
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #216 on: April 13, 2011, 02:51:01 PM »

DrRox means that the cowboys are running out of the castle and they see that they have received the last of the six books indicating that they are behind at that point.

The_Prophet............Are you a psyhic or a mind-reader? Why do you constantly try to answer questions directed at other people? In this case, you have inserted your own intrepretation to my post and it was completely WRONG. I, in no way, stated that the Cowboys think they are last. IF you think they are last, then say YOU think they are last and leave me out of your incessant speculation as to who wins and who gets eliminated.

ianinator  It is "speculated" that teams have to drive from Vienna to Salzburg to pickup a book, in which is the clue to find the Pit Stop. In the following screencap, you can see the evidence for this speculation. As you can see there are 6 books. If you look in the next screencap you can see that Jet ( black hat ) is carrying one of the books under his left arm. [b/]My comment[/b] only meant that teams could probably tell where they are placed, at that point in the race, by counting the number of books still left on the table. As to what the Cowboys comments means, I have no idea. They could be first, they could be middle, they could be last. They are known to not be good at self navigation, ie...the driving all over France in TAR16 and the previous Leg 3 in Japan in TAR18.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:57:33 PM by DrRox »

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #217 on: April 13, 2011, 02:52:15 PM »

ohh right I get it.. thanks!!!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #218 on: April 13, 2011, 02:55:09 PM »
I'm sorry, Doc, for misquoting you. I will try to refrain from doing this anymore.

I don't really see the difference in what I said and what you said though. :lol:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #219 on: April 13, 2011, 03:08:21 PM »
I'm sorry, Doc, for misquoting you. I will try to refrain from doing this anymore.

I don't really see the difference in what I said and what you said though. :lol:

You quoted me perfectly. It is a function of this software.

Where in my post did I say the Cowboys received the last book? That is YOUR intrepretation. That is what pisses me off. Just OWN your own specs is all I am asking.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #220 on: April 13, 2011, 03:11:24 PM »
He's saying: "there is no way anyone is behind us" and you said: "they probably counted the number of books left."
I was just correlating as well as trying not to steal your idea. I'll take it if you want.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2011, 03:19:10 PM »
The preview also says that there's a footrace to the finish.  If our speculation is true, that would mean that at least one other team is "in the dark" as well...  Maybe we'll see something in the next preview that will help!

The footrace does not have to be for last place, it could just as well be for first place (or any in between).

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #222 on: April 13, 2011, 03:24:52 PM »
hmmm... thanks for the info! it helps a lot... I'm just so worried that my favorite might go home... and I don't think the cowboys aren't that bad with navigation.. a lot of teams from all seasons makes the wrong turn too you know... :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:06:34 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #223 on: April 13, 2011, 03:29:12 PM »
He's saying: "there is no way anyone is behind us" and you said: "they probably counted the number of books left."
I was just correlating as well as trying not to steal your idea. I'll take it if you want.

There is nothing to steal from me. I made no intrepretation at all about what the Cowboys meant by their comment other than that they probably counted the number of books left on the table.

It appears to me, that you seem to think that the Cowboy's comment implies that they are in last place.  That there are no more books left when they leave the castle.  Am I correct in this intrepretation of your comments? I certainly do not want to put words in your mouth either.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #224 on: April 13, 2011, 03:37:26 PM »
It seems to make sense at this point. This would be one of the best ways for them to calculate how many teams have reached this point. However it is possible that the quote is being used to create drama among cowboy fans so people will watch.

I do question how they would know that there were supposed to be six books on that table if they received the only one left. On the other hand the drive from Vienna to a castle in Salzburg would give them plenty of opportunity to get lost again and fall behind.