Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)  (Read 141698 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Re: TAR 18 Ep 8 "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2011, 03:10:53 PM »
Do you guys speculate this leg is a to-be-continued leg?  :duno: :neener:

I've thought about this. There is one NEL or TBC remaining. Producers may have thought that, the hardest thing to be done is to have more than a TBC during the race. Maybe they have replaced ALL the NELs into TBCs. So, I think that there are no NELs this race. I'm possibly wrong.

I think this is not the last NEL/TBC... Maybe when 4/5 teams remain, but I think not 6.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2011, 03:11:01 PM »
Press release:
"I Cannot Deal With Your Psycho Behavior" (Austria) - Confronted by a psychological Detour, teams try to avoid making a "Freudian slip" in the slick streets of Austria, and a hefty meal proves to be too big for some teams' stomachs, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

This seems like that the eating is also a Detour choice. Could we see some  :barf ?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline flair0310

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2011, 03:22:52 PM »
Kent & Vyxsin apparently dropped their couch right across from the Votivkirche. And if the timeline is correct, and the preview suggests that it is, that was on the weekend where we had some 11 inches of snow.

Sorry for being a little overzealous ... just excited about the Race being in Vienna!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2011, 03:25:18 PM »
You're not being overzealous, flair! We can understand your excitement and will readily welcome any information you can provide to us! :waves:
Thanks again for joining in the discussion!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2011, 07:45:03 PM »
Any chance at an Intersection roadblock in this episode peach? I'd like to see the return of the Intersection.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2011, 08:05:12 PM »
Gary and Mallory are from the South. After starving for a couple of weeks, I doubt they will have too much problem with a little chicken fried steak and chocolate cake. That's what we call "comfort food" or "down home cooking."

I would suggest that you do not plan on visiting Vienna anytime soon.  Calling a Wienerschnitzel "chicken fried steak" is an insult to any Viennese cook, and Sachertorte is anything but just plain "chocolate cake"

I would think that the producers could not set up six complete carrages as dining cars on the ferris wheel; the wheel is almost constantly in motion, so if all six teams arrived it would be a lot of stop and go or long wait until the next dining carriage arrived.  So my guess is that this is indeed a fast forward event.  The first team arrives and gets the dining car; any teak arriving next would have to wait until the first team is finished.  Besides the Freud bed and the Ferris Wheel are pretty far apart and in most cases the two detour events are in the same neighborhood.

And it you are in Veinna and want the biggest, maybe not the best, Wienerschnitzel you have to go to Figlmueller at Woozeile 5 or Bacherstrasse 6.  If the Wienerschnitzel arrives at your table and doesn't completely cover the plate, send it back for another one!  And the veal (or pork) is so tender you can cut it with a fork.  (Take that "chicken fried steak")

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2011, 08:08:25 PM »
Again, highly logical and probable reasoning but not passing the peach test.  :lol:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2011, 08:12:50 PM »

The Kunsthistorischen Museum

Could this be the pitstop?

During the Advent Season before Christmas this is the site of a rather large and busy Christkindlmark and a very crowded time especially on weekends.  The market completely surrounds the Statue of Marie Theresa (the horse shown is just part of the monument).  It would be a difficult area to have the matt and pit stop located in my opinion.

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2011, 08:13:32 PM »
Gary and Mallory are from the South. After starving for a couple of weeks, I doubt they will have too much problem with a little chicken fried steak and chocolate cake. That's what we call "comfort food" or "down home cooking."

I would suggest that you do not plan on visiting Vienna anytime soon.  Calling a Wienerschnitzel "chicken fried steak" is an insult to any Viennese cook, and Sachertorte is anything but just plain "chocolate cake"

I would think that the producers could not set up six complete carrages as dining cars on the ferris wheel; the wheel is almost constantly in motion, so if all six teams arrived it would be a lot of stop and go or long wait until the next dining carriage arrived.  So my guess is that this is indeed a fast forward event.  The first team arrives and gets the dining car; any teak arriving next would have to wait until the first team is finished.  Besides the Freud bed and the Ferris Wheel are pretty far apart and in most cases the two detour events are in the same neighborhood.

And it you are in Veinna and want the biggest, maybe not the best, Wienerschnitzel you have to go to Figlmueller at Woozeile 5 or Bacherstrasse 6.  If the Wienerschnitzel arrives at your table and doesn't completely cover the plate, send it back for another one!  And the veal (or pork) is so tender you can cut it with a fork.  (Take that "chicken fried steak")
I hope your right because i REALLY want a Fast-Forward already   :-[
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2011, 08:18:31 PM »
My speculation is that the bed is a detour, maybe put the pillows and stuff on and move it to the university

Its around the right time for a fast forward, so I'll go against the group and say Gary/Mallory take the ff.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2011, 08:25:16 PM »
Thanks G-MAN!!

Unfortunately we do know that  there is NOT a FF.

And the eating task is a time based Detour...I believe teams must, as FLAIR has beautifully outlined, complete this "meal" within a time frame...probably indeed one revolution. The trick is...no :barf   or you start again. :ascared

And a very big :bigwelcome to you Flair!! Thanks so much for all the help!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2011, 08:38:26 PM »
Thanks G-MAN!!

And the eating task is a time based Detour...I believe teams must, as FLAIR has beautifully outlined, complete this "meal" within a time frame...probably indeed one revolution. The trick is...no :barf   or you start again. :ascared

How do you know that there is no FAST FORWARD?  Some more insider informaion?  Just asking.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2011, 08:49:11 PM »

I would suggest that you do not plan on visiting Vienna anytime soon.  Calling a Wienerschnitzel "chicken fried steak" is an insult to any Viennese cook, and Sachertorte is anything but just plain "chocolate cake"

I would think that the producers could not set up six complete carrages as dining cars on the ferris wheel; the wheel is almost constantly in motion, so if all six teams arrived it would be a lot of stop and go or long wait until the next dining carriage arrived.  So my guess is that this is indeed a fast forward event.  The first team arrives and gets the dining car; any teak arriving next would have to wait until the first team is finished.  Besides the Freud bed and the Ferris Wheel are pretty far apart and in most cases the two detour events are in the same neighborhood.

And it you are in Veinna and want the biggest, maybe not the best, Wienerschnitzel you have to go to Figlmueller at Woozeile 5 or Bacherstrasse 6.  If the Wienerschnitzel arrives at your table and doesn't completely cover the plate, send it back for another one!  And the veal (or pork) is so tender you can cut it with a fork.  (Take that "chicken fried steak")

gingerman....

My comment was not meant to disparage, in any way, Viennese cuiseine. The meal, they are eating, is almost exactly the first meal that I ate in Wein almost 50 years ago. The menus were not in English then and my mother suggested I try it. I was a pretty finicky eater back then. To my great surprise after two bites I exclaimed, "It is chicken fried steak!!"  My mother laughed cuz she knew I would like it. She was a great cook and I had been eating it most of my short life back then and yes you could cut hers with a fork. I do love Sachertorte, but my favorite dessert is Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte, but it comes from Germany, not Austria. My comment was only meant to show that Gary/Mallory have probably eaten that dish before, by another name. This is not really the case with many of the Asian foods that teams get in eating challenges.

Wien is one of my favorite cities in Europe and I always love your pics from your holiday trips there...........
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:58:53 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Tobertz

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Go Yellow Team!
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2011, 09:42:18 PM »
Average Ranking so far...

Globetrotters- 4.57
Zev & Justin- 4.0
Sisters- 4.14
Gallory- 3.14
 :hearts:
Cowboys- 4.29
Goths- 7.0  (:;)

Based on performance, the Goths need to go. But oh well, you'll never know what happens in a race,  :umn:
I wanna rip a TAR clue envelope someday, =)

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2011, 11:23:50 PM »
Thanks G-MAN!!

How do you know that there is no FAST FORWARD?  Some more insider informaion?  Just asking.

Just look at press release
Confronted by a psychological Detour, teams try to avoid making a "Freudian slip" in the slick streets of Austria, and a hefty meal proves to be too big for some teams' stomachs

If it's a Roadblock or Route Info, it would say all teams. And if it's a FF, it would say one team.

Just guess  ???

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2011, 11:27:49 PM »
As much as I want a FF, if georgia says there isn't one, I have to believe her.
And as said above by lutpayy, the 'SOME' kind of means more than one.

Also, the-

"Confronted by a psychological Detour, teams try to avoid making a "Freudian slip" in the slick streets of Austria, and a hefty meal proves to be too big for some teams' stomach",

seems to show us that atleast one team will have to revolve around more than once, which means that, because we know K/V take the other detour., they may have a slight time advantage.

jiajia12

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2011, 12:42:09 AM »
Globetrotters is probaly safe because of the physical task and eating task is no big deal to them
along with Kisha/Jen confirm safe, Jet/Cord should have no problems with either. only Specs..

probaly Gary/Mallory Zev/Justin Goths

let it be the Goths or Zev/Justin :ascared

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2011, 12:54:20 AM »
Globetrotters is probaly safe because of the physical task and eating task is no big deal to them
along with Kisha/Jen confirm safe, Jet/Cord should have no problems with either. only Specs..

Totally agreed :) haha. But based on goth's performance & all... i think they will b going home this time round. Unless they're like nick/vicki, who caught us all by suprise & actually made it to the F4 lol!
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline flair0310

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2011, 06:05:45 AM »

Totally agreed :) haha. But based on goth's performance & all... i think they will b going home this time round. Unless they're like nick/vicki, who caught us all by suprise & actually made it to the F4 lol!

Have to agree as well. The Goths seem to have nine lives this season. After the preview, I fear a little bit for Gary/Mallory ...

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2011, 06:29:09 AM »

Have to agree as well. The Goths seem to have nine lives this season. After the preview, I fear a little bit for Gary/Mallory ...

flair0310......

Can you tell us about how far it is between the ferris wheel and the universary? And how far is it between the Freud museum and the universary?

Thanks in advance
Matthew 7:15

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2011, 07:02:08 AM »
yuss! finally figure out how to use this website.. it's been months! =)

anyways! I'm new :)

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2011, 07:14:39 AM »
so here's what I think..
apparently, 4 teams were still in question about who will be eliminated in leg 7 or who will make it to top 4, those people were Ron & Chris, Jet & Cord, Globetrotters & Kisha and Jen..

since, Ron and Chris got eliminated in Leg 7, does that mean that the other 3 teams made it to the final 4? so, the goths, Zev/Justin and Gary and Mal are now in question....

by the way, someone posted the speculation for this and I'm just trying to like, continue it.. :)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2011, 07:29:20 AM »
DrRox, Google Maps shows a time of eleven minutes for walking from the Freud museum to the University. Just to be cautious I don't think we know that they are coming from the museum, it was just an educated guess of mine.

Since they would most likely be allowed to drive from the wheel, it takes eleven minutes as well.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2011, 07:29:59 AM »
:bigwelcome to RFF, ianinator!

Offline flair0310

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2011, 08:20:33 AM »
DrRox, Google Maps shows a time of eleven minutes for walking from the Freud museum to the University. Just to be cautious I don't think we know that they are coming from the museum, it was just an educated guess of mine.

Since they would most likely be allowed to drive from the wheel, it takes eleven minutes as well.

Just to illustrate: red would be the Riesenrad; green the museum; and blue is the university.