Author Topic: Top 9 Discussion  (Read 21044 times)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
Re: Top 9 Discussion
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 11:51:44 PM »
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!   :'( :'( They shoulda used the Save now instead!!!!! OMG.... :( :'(

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 01:56:54 AM »
I think that season 11 would have 2 judges' save....I think they first created judges' save because of untimely Carly's elimination after she sang great "Jesus Christ Superstar" which Simon deemed as the best performance of the night....After this, the producer might think of having 2 saves.....

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( with tonight's elimination result....

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 02:27:14 AM »
I don't think it was Pia's time to go but she would not have made it much further.  Yes she is beautiful and has a fantastic voice but she is boring.  Then again I haven't voted yet because I don't have a favorite yet.  James should make it far due to Autismspeaks.  I am proud of him but still worry about a break down.  Some of the guys need to go.  I think Lauren will be the last woman standing.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 03:46:05 AM »
WHAT THE HECK. WHAT THE HECK. WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!?!

First, I'm shocked that ANOTHER girl actually went home. Second, I'm shocked that that girl was PIA. WHAT?!?!?!

Man I really have nothing to say. I did NOT see that coming AT ALL. First, she lands in the bottom three, which I already wasn't expecting. And I was sure that either Jacob or Stefano would go. Then she gets eliminated and I'm like... WHAT ON EARTH????

Pia was the only hope for the girls and now she's gone. What's the world coming to!

Big, big mistake. Yeah I don't think she'd win even if she'd stayed longer. But heck, she deserves every bit to make it to the Final 2!

Now I wish the judges hadn't used the Save so early. Pia?!?!?! Eliminated?????

I'd be okay if even Haley or Lauren were to be eliminated but Pia... That was a wrong, wrong choice.

Oh gosh, I'm so upset I don't even know what to say. Jennifer Hudson elimination replay? Gosh...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 05:35:39 AM »
I agreeTL. Why did _____ have to go home?  :'(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 10:05:06 AM »
Okay.. i wasn't a big Pia fan (more of Haley and Lauren) but i do agree she should have been in the Final 5 at least. Now at least we know the remaining 2 girls are going far, most probably.

I think Haley is amazing. She's still here despite being in the Bottom 2 for the first 2 weeks.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »
I do think the wrong person went home, we can't have just the boys it will be too boring and I don't want to see Lauren or Hayley leave!

The weaker singers are Paul, Jacob, Stefano, Casey. I hate to say Casey but he hasn't stepped up and performed like he did in the auditions or else it is my perception of him because of his illness. The over reaction when he was eliminated then saved may have projected weakness to those who vote. I say this even though I like Casey.

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 12:12:54 PM »
Six boys and two girls left? :lol3:  This is worse than last year. Not only has the show deteriorated over the past few years the voters get crazier every year.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011, 12:18:17 PM »
I think part of the problem is the judging and I love the new judges, they've brought expertise, encouragement and love to the kids but Simon would weed out the weak to save the stronger contestants. J Lo and Steven really don't slam their performances although J Lo did tell Pia that she needed to work on her performance. Randy tries but he's not Simon and he can't pull it off.  :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »
I think part of the problem is the judging and I love the new judges, they've brought expertise, encouragement and love to the kids but Simon would weed out the weak to save the stronger contestants. J Lo and Steven really don't slam their performances although J Lo did tell Pia that she needed to work on her performance. Randy tries but he's not Simon and he can't pull it off.  :lol:

I wholeheartedly agree, TL! This is why I was weary about the show when Simon left.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 12:46:54 PM »
The problem is pretty simple, JLo and Steven simply tell everyone they're good. Randy tries to say the truth and then gets Boo-ed by everyone or simply nobody listens to him. This will result in the voters really not KNOWING who are the strong contenders...

But Pia's elimination is seriously a once off incident like Chris, Jennifer or some other shocking eliminations... but if she can't even survive the Top 8... i think there's nothing "shocking" about it.

Or maybe i'm biased. All along i've been a Lauren and Haley fan and i had no idea how... but they are now the 2 girls remaining. :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 12:54:32 PM »
Exactly. The show has gone down as the judges have gone down. They haven't had a strong judging panel since season seven, imo. And it grew exponentially worse when Simon left. I would rather have Paula back than the three stooges they have now. Randy has always been a bump on a log but it worked when they had the other two. I can't believe that they have found judges that are less funny and far less intelligent than Paula Abdul but they did.

It doesn't matter though it was already getting bad and after Simon left I knew I would never like it again.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 01:11:09 PM »
Prophet, all i simply said was "JLo and Steven simply tell everyone they're good." I didn't mention anything about them being incompetent judges. I have no idea what are you agreeing with me with your "Exactly" and your explanation which follows. I'm puzzled.

I love JLo and Steven and i love the judging panel so much more now. Paula sucks, if you rather have Paula then i think Live The Dream would be a better show for you. I love American Idol as it is now and if you haven't realise, AI has got raving reviews this season whether from audiences POV or publications/media POV.

I think Steven Tyler is absolutely hilarious, JLo's an awesome judge and is in her own league. I don't understand what you mean by "I can't believe that they have found judges that are less funny and far less intelligent than Paula Abdul but they did." Can you please tell me who do you have in mind to fit the criteria perfectly then? Since the show has to go on and Simon won't be judging anymore?

And i'm very sure that i have the support from many who post regularly on this thread that despite Pia voted off, there are still many talents remaining in the competition and it will be an intense fight for the sole title all the way till the end.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 01:14:13 PM »
Well, I don't like the judges this year. Sorry for assuming you didn't as well. I am no fan of Paula :lol: but she is better than her replacements. They have to do what they have to do to keep people watching but I don't agree. They lost a viewer in me because of the changes.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 02:10:26 PM »
I might not have been clear. I love the judges this year. They have revived the show and this year has the most talented group ever on AI. There are no Bikini Girls, no Sanjaya, no Norman Gentile who used the show as a comedy stint. (Failed comedy stint, I should say.)

Steven and J Lo actually get into the performances and give back positive feedback while the kids are performing, which they need.

In the end, all of the 13 will find careers, they are that talented.  :tup:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 04:44:34 PM »
Elimination of Pia Toscano - American Idol Top 9 Results Show - 04/07/11   :'(

Just posting this i cried AGAIN!!!  :ugot
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 04:50:22 PM »
Pia sings final song

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 05:02:26 PM »
I agree Joab.  The judges have improved the show.  I liked Simon but love the new judges.  The people to blame are the voters or the rules on voting or people like me that haven't voted yet.  :groan:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 05:45:25 PM »
I voted bee but not for her, I thought she was safe. Ryan is right, you can't take anything for granted.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 06:46:22 PM »
I think Pia woulda been safe if she chose a more current song. :'(

The judges all knew the song but maybe alot of the "youngins" didnt.

It's a fantastic song and she sang it awesome!! But if the young ones dont know it they wont vote for her.

I didnt vote either :wall:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »
I guess we all thought she will be safe. And it seems like i'm not alone thinking that this season rocks. I know Pia's eliminated and it sucks, but it's not AI's fault but America's fault. Some people just don't get it.

The show is still awesome with good singers in the Top 9. I remembered for all past 9 seasons, we still have staggering performers barely making through week after week and even staying all the way till the Final 6 or Final 5. Right now, all of them seemed to deserve their spot, even Paul... he sort of deserved to be there because he did perform decently last night.

And TL, how can you forget the ultimate train wreck, Tantiana?!??! :meow:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2011, 07:50:48 AM »
I love the current panel of judges, I think they bring a new dynamic to the show. There seems to be a whole new level of energy this season. Steven and JLo are nice but they give constructive comments on improvements when they're needed. Randy definitely can't pull off a Simon, but I find myself agreeing with his comments pretty often.

If I had one criticism, it might be that the judges seem too easily impressed. I'm not sure if Simon would have used the Save on Casey. Or rather, I think their decision to save Casey was not a far-sighted one.

But other than that, I love them. They've definitely put the right people on the show. I still remember how they did not put Chris Medina through; they clearly know that it's a talent show and not a sympathy show.

Enough about the judges though. Pia definitely deserved to go further but she wouldn't win anyway. So... Yeah, looking forward to see who will claim the title! Right now I feel that Lauren has a shot. She didn't come out outstanding at first but she was still good and slowly, we see her blossom. That's what AI is about! Wow, I'd be amazed if she won. But I shan't say too much about it. Lol.

Love this season of AI!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2011, 09:25:35 AM »
My next 3 elimination predictions are Paul and Jacob Casey.

I think my final 5 pick will be Lauren, Haley, Scotty, James and Stefano.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »
ACK!!! Tatiana!  :ascared  I used bleach to get her out of my memory!  :lol3:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2011, 11:12:29 PM »
 :lol3: :lol3: I remember her!  :lol: