Author Topic: Top 9 Discussion  (Read 21039 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Top 9 Discussion
« on: April 06, 2011, 04:25:05 PM »
Tonight's performances will be from the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame. (This should be a really good show!)

Nigel Lythgoe Previews Tonight's Episode Of Idol
   Wednesday, 06 April 2011 12:35
   Herb

American Idol Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe phoned in to Ryan Seacrest's radio show this morning to preview tonight's show.

Nigel says the finalists will be performing "some of the greatest songs in American pop history.” Adding, ”the kids have had the entire Rock ‘N’ Roll Hall of Fame layout, it’s wonderful music from it’s inductees there, and the kids have chosen some great songs.”

Legendary guitarist Jeff Beck was scheduled to perform with the finalists tonight but he has taken ill, Nigel revealed. Lindsey Bunkingham was going to step in for Jeff but after the interview, AI producers learned that Lindsey won't be able to perform either.

(Sorry Joab for not letting you start the discussion this week.)  :<3

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Top 9 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 08:18:04 AM »
OMG. TL, go ahead and do it! I'm just viewing the videos now! :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:22:18 AM »
I'm listening to Jacob now. It sounds good on audio and i think he didn't "OVER PERFORM" this week.

It was really good and soothing to the ears! A very good rendition to the song and a good opener for the show tonight!

So glad the judges loved his performance too! I agree with Jennifer (best judge this season IMO).. he stuck to himself and it worked out well.

Agreed with Randy too... Jacob moment.. finally!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 08:29:33 AM »
I actually watched some of the show last night. :lol: Actually I only saw Pia and Stefano.
I think Pia could potentially redeem the female drought Idol has had the past few years.
Stefano was just all right. A little too much falsetto for my tastes.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 08:44:34 AM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Haley started SEXY. The first note was so good!

SHE SANG SO WELL... EVERY BIT OF THE SONG WAS SEXY....... <333333333333333

She's a contender and they need to be careful with her!

I TOLD YA ALL THAT HALEY HAD IT IN HER SINCE THE TOP 13... I NEVER GIVE UP HOPE AND I'M GLAD SHE DIDN'T DISAPPOINT EITHER.

HALEY IS <33333333333333333

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 08:48:09 AM »
Casey... i didn't like this performance this week. The inclusion of the instrument was great and unique. But i found the performance a tad too boring and lazy... i wished he could have stuck to crazy vocals with crazy personality.. that's the Casey we know.. right?

His vocals didn't seem to be as good as the previous weeks as well.. maybe it's just me.. but he couldn't hit some of the notes.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 08:54:07 AM »
The moment i heard Lauren say she's singing "Natural Woman" i was like.. OMG, she's going to either have her moment... or totally ruin her chances. Because this song is such a great and very distinct song that has been sang throughout all these years on Idol.. she has to be really good to standout!

Okay, i've never commented about fashion.. but Lauren's outfit didn't suit her today!

I don't think Lauren did a good job with her performance. She should have gone up way much higher with her range.. i felt like she didn't hit the "Lauren moment" that she should have done so with such a powerful song like this.

But it was a decent performance.. she didn't blow me away.. but i'll take it for now.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 08:54:55 AM »
As Randy put it.. she took a big song and did well.. didn't blow me away.. but good enough for Top 8!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 08:58:26 AM »
When i heard James's song choice.. I thought he's really going to do very well with the song. It's like breaking himself away from a "Adam Lambert 2.0" Impression!

The song was very soulful... but i was wrong. I don't think James sang it well. It was so boring and i inevitably compared him to Adam again and I remembered how Adam slayed each and every song including the slow emotional songs..

The part that highlights James performance today was again when he went high pitch mode... and he can't just rely on that every week.

BAD PERFORMANCE FOR ME, IMO.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »
Okay.. Scotty's finally doing something DIFFERENT THIS WEEK! :hearts:

I thought from a female audience POV, they probably all went mad during + after the performance. :lol3:

TOO SEXY. :lol:

But from a male audience POV, good vocals, fun to watch, high entertainment value. Memorable performance, one of the best performance of the night. And that, will keep him even longer in the competition. :lol:

The thing that Scotty has... is a very good distinctive voice that no one else has. When he sings, we all know it's HIS SONG and HIS OWN PERFORMANCE.

Scotty's got some hot stuff going on there huh?!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 09:07:39 AM »
PIA.. = SMOKING HOT. OMG. :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :meow: :meow: :meow: :hearts:

NOW, THAT'S TRUE GOOD OLD ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :colors :colors

Best performance of the night so far. OMG! :hearts:

TOO SEXY. TOO SEXY. SHE'S IN IT TO WIN. OMG. :yess:

I think she swayed me to become a fan already. How did she get eliminated during Hollywood Rounds in SEASON 6?!??!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 09:15:44 AM »
Stefano.. Stefano.. he needs to perform to his best this week.. otherwise he could be the first guy going home!

I think she swayed some female audiences over with that soulful performance of his.. i still think he's a great singer and he's going to be in the F6 at least...

That leaves us with... no idea who's going to be eliminated tomorrow. :meow: :duno:

The last note was the best IMO.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 09:18:56 AM »
Paul... the one who should have went home last week.

To be frank, he did well this week. I liked his performance and thought he really closed the show well!

The guitar playing was extremely good and entertaining too, the last part of the performance when he started clapping was really apt for the song too!

Apparently, he's staying around for another week.. i think!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 09:34:02 AM »
I thought everyone did well last night even Paul, he was in his element. I loved that Jacob pulled back, he should do this from now on. He needs to work on performing.

LOVE Haley!

Casey always entertains me.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 09:36:32 AM »
Okay, frankly i don't know who's going home.

BEST PERFORMANCE: Pia, Scotty
GOOD PERFORMANCE: Jacob, Haley, Paul
OKAY PERFORMANCE: Lauren, Stefano
BAD PERFORMANCE: Casey, James

Okay, with all the girls who can't survive gone.. we only have Paul, Haley and Stefano who has been in the Bottom 3 and Casey who got saved. But I highly doubt Casey will be in danger.

Based on that, i think the Bottom 3 tomorrow will be Stefano, Haley and... James/Paul. If Haley or Stefano's not in the Bottom 3 and someone else is.. i'll be shocked. I wouldn't be surprise if Jacob makes the first appearance in the Bottom 3 either.

SAFE PEOPLE FOR SURE = Pia, Scotty, Lauren, Casey

I hope it's Paul going home.. because he's inconsistent!! *prays* But with the last spot on last night show, he's most likely safe again as he had a good performance.

My Prediction will be Haley, Jacob and James in the Bottom 3. With James or Jacob going home. SHALL PRAY FOR HALEY'S SAFETY! :meow:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 09:42:11 AM »
Lauren! Loved her performance. She's getting better every week.

James, what can you say? Every week he blows it out of the park. He'll be a finalist if not the winner of this season.
(Never thought I'd say this!) I loved that he didn't do his screaming, he just sang the song but with such emotion.

Scotty! I am so happy he did something a little different but he didn't try to do an Elvis impression, he made it his own. Whoohoo! Go Scotty!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 09:44:15 AM »
Looks like we have different impression of James, TL! :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 09:45:18 AM »
DialIdol predicted James, Pia and Scotty to be safe.

Paul, Jacob and Stefano with the least votes. :jam: :ascared

IMAGINE A ALL MALE BOTTOM 3? :lol3:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »
Pia! Steven: "Murderer! Murderer!! You killed it!" (And she did!)

Stefano. I thought this was one of his best performances. I see that he is in the bottom three but I hope he survives tonight.

For me, Paul redeemed himself last night. He's not the best of the guys this year but this is what he should be doing.
He was jazzed and it showed. Great show closer!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 10:08:22 AM »
Okay, frankly i don't know who's going home.

BEST PERFORMANCE: Pia, Scotty
GOOD PERFORMANCE: Jacob, Haley, Paul
OKAY PERFORMANCE: Lauren, Stefano
BAD PERFORMANCE: Casey, James

Okay, with all the girls who can't survive gone.. we only have Paul, Haley and Stefano who has been in the Bottom 3 and Casey who got saved. But I highly doubt Casey will be in danger.

Based on that, i think the Bottom 3 tomorrow will be Stefano, Haley and... James/Paul. If Haley or Stefano's not in the Bottom 3 and someone else is.. i'll be shocked. I wouldn't be surprise if Jacob makes the first appearance in the Bottom 3 either.

SAFE PEOPLE FOR SURE = Pia, Scotty, Lauren, Casey

I hope it's Paul going home.. because he's inconsistent!! *prays* But with the last spot on last night show, he's most likely safe again as he had a good performance.

My Prediction will be Haley, Jacob and James in the Bottom 3. With James or Jacob going home. SHALL PRAY FOR HALEY'S SAFETY! :meow:

Whoa! You think James is in danger? He has never been my favorite but I acknowledge that he is good. I so hope Haley survives. It's time for Paul to go. I thought Stefano did a great job last night, hopefully he can stay another week.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 10:11:33 AM »
I do believe that the switch from rock to soft... doesn't suit James and might put him in danger this week. I didn't like it, from my personal POV..

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »
I do believe that the switch from rock to soft... doesn't suit James and might put him in danger this week. I didn't like it, from my personal POV..

Interesting observation. I hadn't thought about his total change of style. That could be off putting as a fan. :umn:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 10:50:16 AM »
WHAT A TOP 9!!!!!! WHAT A NIGHT!!!!! I honestly have NO idea who's gonna go home. They were all SO good!

Jacob - It was a great start to the show. I was worried for him as this is clearly not his genre, but I thought he did really well. Maybe not AMAZING, but it was great.

Haley - I LOVED her performance. I love that growl in her voice, and when she hit that high note, I was about to flip over, I was totally WOW-ed. America NEEDS to keep her in! No bottom three please!!

Casey - I enjoyed his performance. Yeah it wasn't fantastic, but I thought it was really nice, soothing and sweet. And I don't know if anyone's with me, but I feel that the Save did something to him. It seems to me that after he got saved, that huge ego bubble that used to surround him has now burst and transformed him into a more humble, down-to-earth Casey. I actually prefer this side of him! To just stay grounded and sing properly.

Lauren - It was a good rendition of a great song, but I'm worried for her tonight. She was placed in the middle, and her performance wasn't stunning. I feel that she could be in the bottom three tonight... But I HOPE that she doesn't go home... Please let us not lose anymore girls!

James - I was wondering if James ever would show a soft side to him but seeing that tonight was Rock 'n' Roll night, I thought that nah, not this week. But he surprised me by coming out with a soft, emotional song. And you know what, I really really loved it. I felt his emotions, and I love how he took such a big risk by stripping it down on such a big night. He's just made me root for him now!

Scotty - I was REALLY worried for Scotty. But wow, I think he proved everyone wrong tonight. While I wasn't blown away by his performance, I really enjoyed it. And yes, he showed an entertainment value that I haven't seen before. I'm still not a Scotty fan... But I'm beginning to think that he could actually win this thing.

Pia - I have nothing to say about her vocals, they were spectacular as usual. But that was a performance I'd rather hear than watch on national TV. I agree every bit with Jennifer, that if there is one thing Pia has to work on, it'd be her moves. I found her rather stiff while doing the song. But I still love her and think she's incredible. Go Pia!!!

Stefano - It was an emotional, passionate performance, but I felt that he pushed it too much. And seeing that he's been doing ballads for the past few weeks, I'm thinking he could be in trouble tonight.

Paul - I was having a lot of hopes that he would finally be gone tonight but wow, he delivered a strong, solid performance tonight. Plus the fact that he was given the last spot, I guess he'll be safe again...

Overall, I'm really really impressed with tonight's performances. I can't even begin to predict who will be voted off. But I pray that it'll be a guy. We can't afford to lose anymore girls, man... My wild guess for the bottom three would be Stefano, Jacob and Lauren. But heck, even Paul or Haley could be in the bottom. Scotty, Pia, Casey and James should be safe. Ahhhhh please let Jacob or Paul go home! But if a guy were to go home, I think it'll be Stefano. Man I can't wait for the results tomorrow. Okay I won't ask for too much, as long as it's not a girl... Lol.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »
I LOVED Pia! Fantastic!  :<3

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 10:07:32 PM »
OH NO!  Major mistake tonight!! The wrong person went home.

Spoiler: *** Pia, Stefano, Jacob in the bottom 3, Jacob and Stefano save and Pia out! ***

:'(

(Highlight between the ***'s)