Author Topic: TAR Officially Picked up for Cycle 19  (Read 16212 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR Officially Picked up for Cycle 19
« on: March 27, 2011, 11:46:15 PM »
Peach I don't see this, but I am in a hurry and have had company all day, so if its already been posted please delete.

Tvguide and tvbythenumbers are both reporting that TAR has been picked up for cycle 19.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/27/the-amazing-race-undercover-boss-renewed-by-cbs/87251

CBS  has renewed both The Amazing Race and Undercover Boss for next Fall, Race’s 19th cycle and Boss’ 3rd. Both shows continue to be strong performers for CBS.

Last Fall The Amazing Race averaged a 3.8 adults 18-49 rating (Live +7 Day), and has averaged a 2.9 rating this Spring (Most Current, substantially Live +7).

For the season as a whole Undercover Boss has averaged a 3.5 rating (Most Current, substantially Live+7).

and Deadline Hollywood

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/cbs-renews-amazing-race-and-boss/

TvGuide

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Renewed-1031147.aspx

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Officially Picked up for Cycle 19
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 11:51:34 PM »
I had heard 19 was an all but done deal and 20 was an "unofficial green light" But how WONDERFUL to have confirmation!! Makes it a good day after all!!  :<3
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 11:54:24 PM »
Yeah to this day, I still don't know why they never pick it up for two cycles at a time, like they do survivor.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »
Funny CBS didn't announce it.. ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 01:51:08 AM »
Based on this report from the Hollywood Reporter via Yahoo, CBS will announce it tomorrow (Monday) (link); but at least they're doing this in March, and not May.

This also means that season 19 will be airing 10 years after season 1 aired, making TAR only the fourth reality series to reach that calendar milestone (The Real World, Survivor, and Big Brother being the others).
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 04:44:31 AM »
What about American Idol? :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 04:48:02 AM »
Also.. praying for an ultimate Battle of the Best series or what for TAR 20. :lol:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 05:05:12 AM »
Also.. praying for an ultimate Battle of the Best series or what for TAR 20. :lol:

Colin & Christie vs. Rob & Amber could fill an entire series with underhanded tactics and one-upsmanship

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 05:16:22 AM »

Colin & Christie vs. Rob & Amber could fill an entire series with underhanded tactics and one-upsmanship

:lol:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 09:01:36 AM »
That would be great!  :hearts:

Now, if only they released the DVDs!

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 09:05:11 AM »

Even better- Bring back 4 racers per team and go Colin, Christie, Rob & Amber vs. Charla, Mirna, Susan & Patrick! (Or Lynn & Alex, either one works, really.)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 09:08:02 AM »

Even better- Bring back 4 racers per team and go Colin, Christie, Rob & Amber vs. Charla, Mirna, Susan & Patrick! (Or Lynn & Alex, either one works, really.)

Hope Rob & Amber still remember who Susan & Patrick are.  :lol:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 09:09:47 AM »

Hope Rob & Amber still remember who Susan & Patrick are.  :lol:

I'd hope they don't, and then U-Turn them right in front of them a la Kent & Vyxsin.

Rob: "We choose to U-Turn... Oh gosh, sorry, who are you?"

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 09:26:01 AM »
With the NFL strike looming this is going to be a very interesting fall TV season.
If there is a strike there will be a lot of advertisers looking for some place to put their advertising dollars i.e. TAR 19.

By the time of the upfronts in June(?) it won't be clear whats going on, so you may see a lot of "protective" buying going on.

And with no Superbowl, we may see an earlier January start to TAR 20.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 11:37:48 AM »
The upfronts are in mid-May, it'll probably be May 10-14 this year.

And here 's the official CBS press release (link):

CBS RENEWS ITS SUNDAY REALITY SERIES

"The Amazing Race" and "Undercover Boss" Picked Up for Broadcast during the 2011-2012 Season

CBS has renewed its Sunday reality series-THE AMAZING RACE and UNDERCOVER BOSS-for broadcast during the 2011-2012 season.

THE AMAZING RACE, hosted by Phil Keoghan, will make its 19th sprint around the world next season.  The recent fall edition delivered nearly 12 million viewers, matching the prior year in viewers while posting gains in both adults 25-54 (+2%) and adults 18-49 (+3%), despite airing against "Sunday Night Football."

The current edition of THE AMAZING RACE features a unique twist with the return of 11 fan-favorite teams who fell short of winning the million dollar prize during their first race around the world.  It also marks the first edition of the show to be broadcast in high definition.

THE AMAZING RACE is a seven-time Emmy Award winner for "Outstanding Reality Competition Program."

UNDERCOVER BOSS, which follows high-level corporate executives as they slip anonymously into the rank and file of their own companies, premiered last February following CBS's presentation of the Super Bowl.  In its first year, UNDERCOVER BOSS was the #1 new show of the season and earned an Emmy nomination for "Outstanding Reality Program."

This season, airing against "Sunday Night Football" for the first time, UNDERCOVER BOSS remains a top 20 program in viewers, averaging 12.3 million and a 3.4/08 in adults 18-49.

Featured on this season's UNDERCOVER BOSS were some of America's best known companies, including NASCAR, the Chicago Cubs, MGM Grand, Subway, DirecTV, Mack Trucks, Chiquita and Frontier Airlines, as well as the Mayor of Cincinnati.

Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri and Mark Vertullo are the executive producers of THE AMAZING RACE for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions.  Phil Keoghan is host.  THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.

Stephen Lambert, Eli Holzman and Chris Carlson are executive producers of UNDERCOVER BOSS for Studio Lambert.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 11:46:48 AM »
Yippee!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 11:56:25 AM »
:yess:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 07:48:54 AM »
Around what time do you think they will start filming TAR 19? I'm so excited for another season!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 08:01:31 AM »
The typical spring/summer filming begins anywhere from April to July. They seem to have more random starting times than the winter one which almost always starts around Thanksgiving.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 08:05:52 AM »
The typical spring/summer filming begins anywhere from April to July. They seem to have more random starting times than the winter one which almost always starts around Thanksgiving.

news to me.  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 12:05:12 AM »

April would be my best guest, TAR13 filmed in April/May of 2008.  My parents are traveling to Jamaica on Easter Sunday and I hope they will catch a glimpse of teams or Phil in Dallas and Miami since they're traveling through there.  Also my cousin is in Kyrgyzstan for the Peace Corp and I will keep in touch with him if he hears about an American TV show being filmed there.  :yess::yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 12:16:32 AM »
It won't be April for sure. Phil has commitments thru at least early May.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 08:54:15 PM »

It's only a guess.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 09:08:21 AM »

Keeping him free so he could play a cameo for AusTAR 2 would be awesome!

Of course, AusTAR 2 hasn't officially been picked up yet, and probably won't be until the first season is finished airing, but let's not let facts ruin perfectly good dreams.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 09:21:30 AM »
Also my cousin is in Kyrgyzstan for the Peace Corp and I will keep in touch with him if he hears about an American TV show being filmed there.  :yess::yess:

TAR19 to Kyrgyzstan :hearts: They could have a great leg there.