Author Topic: TARP! (The Amazing Race Philippines) **SHOW DISCUSSION HERE**  (Read 131996 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARP! (The Amazing Race Philippines)
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2012, 09:07:31 PM »
Maybe...or not. We have had documented trolls who were frequent wiki editors...it matters who does the documenting right? Glad they are trying to make it better though.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2012, 09:10:42 PM »
When I first saw the TV advertisement for this, the first thing that I said was "I want to join!" :xmas146 :xmas146 :xmas146

Unfortunately, I don't know how to drive. I don't even know someone, other than my father who is an invalid, who can drive. I'm of legal age and joining the Race is one of my dreams.

Welcome back!

I highly recommend Phil's "No Opportunity Wasted" book. It gives you great ideas for implementing things that help you to achieve your dreams.

For you...I prescribe a series of driving lessons! Sounds like you would then be ready to go!! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2012, 11:30:32 PM »
I hope it doesn't go down TARA's route, that woul be a shame :cmas5
Bring on the 21!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2012, 06:43:26 PM »
I hope it doesn't go down TARA's route, that woul be a shame :cmas5

That's I think depends on who's directing the show, if it is the same team as TARA and TARAUS, then...  :res:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
I wonder if the route will be just inside the Philippines or Southeast Asia. Because most countries require VISA for Philippine passports.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2012, 04:32:02 PM »
Well, according to Wikipedia (this is a trustworthy article hehe), there are plenty of countries Filipino citizens can go to without a visa or visa on arrival.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Filipino_citizens

So in terms of route, I think they might do a few legs in the Philippines and then go around Asia.  A mix of China Rush and TARA I think.

And while TARA has been lackluster production-wise, TARAu was excellent and both were headed up by Michael McKay.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2012, 09:17:45 AM »
Well I just hope they'll make the best possible route.

ERamos

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2012, 12:29:30 PM »
I'm excited for this and I wish TV5 will have a great show out of a great franchise (unlike GMA's Survivor PH). From what I've heard on other forums, the route will only be inside the Philippines. If the show would be a success, they might try to do it outside the country.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2012, 05:27:48 PM »
:welcome: to RFF ERamos!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2012, 08:03:16 PM »
Just read that Derek Ramsay will probably do the hosting for this.
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2012, 05:03:27 AM »
bringing up the article here for scruffs...

the English translation is not good so if there's Filipinos here, feel free to correct it...

Derek Ramsay magiging host ng Amazing Race Philippines?

Usap-usapan ngayon na napipisil ng Happy Network TV5 ang kapamilya hunk actor na si Derek Ramsay na maging host  sa pinoy edition ng Amazing Race, napili diumano ang hunk actor dahil physically fit ito at naiulat na nga nuong 2011 na magiging kapatid na ito.

Wala na gaanong proyekto ang hunk actor sa kapamilya network kaya pwede na syang lumipat anumang oras na gugustuhin nya, alam nyo ba na triple ang offer ng TV5 kay Derek Ramsay at marami ang nagsasabi mga kapatid natin na makikita na sya sa TV5 soon.

Abangan na lang nating ang iba pang detalye ukol sa isyung ito tuluyan na ba syang magbababu sa abs-cbn at mapipigilan pa ba ito ng dos kung sakaling lilipat ito, ano kaya magiging desisyon ng kampo nila derek dito.

Now talk choices of the family Happy Network TV5 hunk actor Derek Ramsay to be hosted on Pinoy edition of Amazing Race, hunk actor is supposedly chosen because it fit physically and reported that 2011 would nuong brother.

Project no less hunk actor network with family so you can switch anytime syang prefer nya, alam nyo ba triple TV5 offer Derek Ramsay and many of our brothers and sisters say that she found at TV5 soon.

We just watch other details about this issue ever syang magbababu lodging in ABS-CBN and prevent it still dos if it moves, what will decide their camp Derek here.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2012, 06:48:34 AM »
TV5 now accepting applications for TARP!

http://www.theamazingrace.ph/

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2012, 07:07:06 AM »
You beat me to the punch! :lol: I was going to post that one when I realize you have done so. :lol:

I like the subtle touch of the Philippine map in the background. :tup: I'm excited! :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »
Read this on the website. Looks like it won't be a race around Philippines.

"If selected as a participant, you and your teammate must be willing to travel to numerous locations around the world lasting approximately 20 to 30 days starting sometime between April through June of 2012."

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2012, 12:30:14 PM »
Yup, applicants are required to have passports and international drivers licenses.   :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »
Read this on the website. Looks like it won't be a race around Philippines.

"If selected as a participant, you and your teammate must be willing to travel to numerous locations around the world lasting approximately 20 to 30 days starting sometime between April through June of 2012."

Oh swell. That makes at least three so far then.

The world is getting crowded!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2012, 08:43:38 PM »
Considering the apps is in English, does that mean people outside Phillipines can also participate  :duno:

Offline starczamora

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2012, 09:20:04 PM »
bringing up the article here for scruffs...

the English translation is not good so if there's Filipinos here, feel free to correct it...

Derek Ramsay magiging host ng Amazing Race Philippines?

Usap-usapan ngayon na napipisil ng Happy Network TV5 ang kapamilya hunk actor na si Derek Ramsay na maging host  sa pinoy edition ng Amazing Race, napili diumano ang hunk actor dahil physically fit ito at naiulat na nga nuong 2011 na magiging kapatid na ito.

Wala na gaanong proyekto ang hunk actor sa kapamilya network kaya pwede na syang lumipat anumang oras na gugustuhin nya, alam nyo ba na triple ang offer ng TV5 kay Derek Ramsay at marami ang nagsasabi mga kapatid natin na makikita na sya sa TV5 soon.

Abangan na lang nating ang iba pang detalye ukol sa isyung ito tuluyan na ba syang magbababu sa abs-cbn at mapipigilan pa ba ito ng dos kung sakaling lilipat ito, ano kaya magiging desisyon ng kampo nila derek dito.

The translation reads:

Rumor has it that the Happy Network TV5 is interested to cast ABS-CBN's hunk actor Derek Ramsay as host of the Pinoy edition of The Amazing Race.  They allegedly choose the hunk actor because he is physically fit and it has been reported since 2011 that he will jump ship to TV5.

Ramsay does not have many projects in the One Family Network so it would be easy for him to switch networks if he wishes to do so.  Do you know that TV5 offers him triple of his current talent fee?  We also hear from our sources that we will see him soon in TV5.

Let's just wait for new details about this issue on whether Ramsay will bid goodbye to ABS-CBN and whether Channel 2 would stop him from doing so.  What will Derek's decision be?

(The original Tagalog article is badly-written, by the way.)

Considering the apps is in English, does that mean people outside Phillipines can also participate  :duno:

From the casting page:

http://www.mycastingnet.com/Apply/Show/MTA0Mg%3d%3d

3. Both applicants must be Philippine citizens or have been a permanent resident of Philippines for at least 2 years

(Yes, foreigners can apply as long as they meet residency requirements.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:28:43 PM by starczamora »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2012, 04:35:09 PM »
will have speak english only

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2012, 05:14:54 PM »
Many thanks, starczamora !! And :bigwelcome to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline starczamora

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2012, 12:27:42 AM »
will have speak english only

I'm pretty sure some players will speak only in English (either foreigners or Filipinos uncomfortable speaking in Tagalog), but they have to understand Tagalog.

Offline Traveller7

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2012, 09:57:09 AM »
http://www.tv5.com.ph/index.php/articles/disney-and-the-amazing-race-make-a-pit-stop-in-the-philippines-and-vietnam-1

I'm confused, according to this:

In the Philippines, TV5 has also signed on for a Tagalog version of "The Amazing Race", which will see 11 teams of two set off across the Philippines, an archipelago rich in biodiversity and comprised of 7,107 islands that will serve as the perfect backdrop for the race.  The Philippines was always a popular destination for "The Amazing Race" in both the U.S. version and the other international formats.  The call for audition started on March 5th.

Then what are the passports for?  :duno:

Offline starczamora

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2012, 12:30:51 AM »
http://www.tv5.com.ph/index.php/articles/disney-and-the-amazing-race-make-a-pit-stop-in-the-philippines-and-vietnam-1

I'm confused, according to this:

In the Philippines, TV5 has also signed on for a Tagalog version of "The Amazing Race", which will see 11 teams of two set off across the Philippines, an archipelago rich in biodiversity and comprised of 7,107 islands that will serve as the perfect backdrop for the race.  The Philippines was always a popular destination for "The Amazing Race" in both the U.S. version and the other international formats.  The call for audition started on March 5th.

Then what are the passports for?  :duno:

It's a press release created by Disney, not by TV5.

In The Amazing Race Philippines website, we find this in the Terms of Application:

7.  If selected as a Participant, you and your teammate must be willing to travel to numerous locations around the world lasting approximately 20 to 30 days starting sometime between April through June of 2012.

14.  Participants must be willing to receive all immunizations that the Producers deem to be necessary and medically appropriate to the race.  Teams must agree to take any medications needed to prevent illness in certain foreign countries.  Teams must be willing to participate in the Program without any interruption during any time of the year, regardless of personal or religious practices.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2012, 11:40:36 AM »
Around the world! YEEES!!!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2012, 11:47:39 AM »
Just imagine Vietnam, Latin America, Philippines, the USA, Norway and China Rush running at the same time.  :lol:

They would certainly  :bump themselves,because 3 New TAR's want to go to the knowed places,like Capital's. I bet the 3 would visit Dubai or Abu Dhabi...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard