Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 7 "You Don't Get Paid Unless You Win" Varanasi, India  (Read 130463 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 18 Ep 7 "You Don't Get Paid Unless You Win" Varanasi, India
« Reply #225 on: April 05, 2011, 03:59:10 PM »
Not MY funeral pyre I hope!! :ascared :lol3:

But I have been there!!

And I am at work but will upload the vid and do caps late tonight...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:05:56 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #226 on: April 05, 2011, 04:57:07 PM »
Good work gator and Chateau! You guys are great! :hearts:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

jiajia12

« Reply #227 on: April 05, 2011, 05:03:49 PM »
All Photos from CBS. Watch photos enlarged by me. :lol:

Looks like the Cowboys are ahead of Ron/Christina based on the amount of hay in the stand.

I don' know ? i think maybe they just refill the hay, the ones with yellow and silver stripes were moved to the right after taken by Ron/Christina.but i don't know?

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2011, 05:30:27 PM »
Is there any possibility of a second uturn this leg?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2011, 05:58:40 PM »
I think the analysis that Ron and Cristina are later than Jet and Cord is correct. There's no reason for local production to refill the hay bales, and in the R/C cap you can clearly see that the front row is down to one bale, and the row behind that seems to be done to two. OTOH, there seems to be nearly full rows of hay bales behind Jet and Cord; and it seems to me that the sun is at a lower (i.e., earlier time) angle.

Also notice that Cord came prepared; he's got a glove on one of his hands. I can't tell about Jet, but it's possible he is wearing a glove on one hand as well.
-- theschnauzers

jiajia12

« Reply #230 on: April 05, 2011, 06:17:36 PM »
there's 2 wrestling men behind the scenes when they get their clue for the detour.
it looks like they were resting when kisha/jen arrived and no where in goths picture.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #231 on: April 05, 2011, 06:42:33 PM »
I think that Herb and Nate also beat Ron and Chris based on the amount of hay already removed. Ron must not do well at the roadblock because they were there with several other teams including the trotters.
Also worth noting is that the Goths are not seen with any other teams at the RB or detour. Does anyone else get the impression that they have fallen behind?

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: April 05, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »
I think that Herb and Nate also beat Ron and Chris based on the amount of hay already removed. Ron must not do well at the roadblock because they were there with several other teams including the trotters.
Also worth noting is that the Goths are not seen with any other teams at the RB or detour. Does anyone else get the impression that they have fallen behind?

Dear golly, I hope Kent & Visyen are ahead. But based on their freaky-outness with the water taxi, most likely not.

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2011, 07:54:11 PM »
The sign behind Justin's head doesn't look like Urdu.However,I am on my phone so once I see it on a larger screen I may be able to make it out.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #234 on: April 05, 2011, 07:56:10 PM »
I looked at a few diagrams of the Urdu alphabet and could not find any similar characters either. But I am far from an expert in Arabic languages. :lol:

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #235 on: April 05, 2011, 08:00:44 PM »
I looked at a few diagrams of the Urdu alphabet and could not find any similar characters either. But I am far from an expert in Arabic languages. :lol:

Lol :) some of the characters are similar. I showed my mother and she thinks it may be Farsi.

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #236 on: April 05, 2011, 08:29:22 PM »
The sign behind Justin's head doesn't look like Urdu.However,I am on my phone so once I see it on a larger screen I may be able to make it out.
It's probably not or at least not straight Urdu. Sometimes they write other languages using the same script.   I found the exact same sign in another place.  http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/2572315746_6201b10d63_b.jpg  
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:33:17 PM by raina »

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2011, 08:37:21 PM »
The temple in the background in this photo is quite possible the temple in this photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37911116@N04/3526685086/

The description says:  "tucked away round the corner from the small post office on Bengali Tola"

I couldn't find the exact location of the post office unfortunately and the address listed is this:  Postmaster, Post Office BENGALITOLA (SUB OFFICE), VARANASI, UTTAR PRADESH (UP), India (IN), Pin Code:- 221001

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #238 on: April 05, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »
It's probably not or at least not straight Urdu. Sometimes they write other languages using the same script.   I found the exact same sign in another place.  http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/2572315746_6201b10d63_b.jpg 

Great work raina! That gives us a great straight on shot of it.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: April 05, 2011, 08:53:41 PM »
There is another sign--only a partial sign--a few frames away.
Also, according to this caption, Bengali tola is an alley that runs parallel to the waterfront.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2011, 10:46:35 PM »
Just a FYI.. There were bad storms last night and Peach is without internet and it may take till Saturday until they can get everything repaired and running. Hopefully it won't be that long.  :ascared
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #241 on: April 05, 2011, 11:05:40 PM »
Hope everything is okay!  :(
There is another sign--only a partial sign--a few frames away.
Also, according to this caption, Bengali tola is an alley that runs parallel to the waterfront.
I found this:  http://wikimapia.org/8764962/Easy-Travels-D-32-29-Pandey-Ghat-Near-Post-Office-Bengali-Tola-Varanasi  That's probably near the alley temple!

As for that sign, the top from what I can make out probably says "Ghaat"  Definitely the "Gha" part.  The middle section is a little hard to read but looks like "Varanasi"

At the bottom it says the number 0 and "tak" which means until.  So it could be something like until this time or until this date. 

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2011, 11:18:11 PM »
Interesting. The "alley" cap from the intro has a sign (for a guest house, perhaps?) with a "Panday" Ghat address on it.

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2011, 12:14:50 AM »
Interesting. The "alley" cap from the intro has a sign (for a guest house, perhaps?) with a "Panday" Ghat address on it.
Ooh!  Says Yoga?  And then Mangala Guest House?  http://www.traveltovaranasi.com/Mangala_Paying_Guest_House/accm_location This is really too addictive. :(

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2011, 02:44:30 AM »
Can anyone get a time of Kent/Vyxsin doing the detour vs Jen/Kisha? It may be just because of different qualities, but the sun is brighter in K/V's photo?

AND ALSO

Thanls to colav10 for the title find!!

WHILE SCRAMBLING TO FIND THE MEANING OF LIFE IN INDIA'S CHAOTIC STREETS, ONE TEAM MAKES A COSTLY BLUNDER AND ANOTHER RACER TAKES A DANGEROUS PLUNGE IN A STATE OF PANIC, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, APRIL 10
"You Don't Get Paid Unless You Win" (Varanasi, India) - Overwhelmed by the crowded streets of India, one team makes a costly blunder while another Racer takes a desperate plunge, on THE AMAZING RACE

Could the team making the 'costly mistake' be one of the teams doing the hay detour? (Most likely Ron/Christina) Cause it directly involves traveling the streets, which is part of the detour, and also 'another racer' making a desperate 'plunge' could be Vyxsin coming from Kent when he says "Are you insane? Dont go in the water". Maybe they dropped something in the water?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #245 on: April 06, 2011, 03:14:58 AM »
Can anyone get a time of Kent/Vyxsin doing the detour vs Jen/Kisha? It may be just because of different qualities, but the sun is brighter in K/V's photo?

The colours appear softer for K/J, which would indicate they are earlier.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #246 on: April 06, 2011, 03:34:27 AM »
The colours appear softer for K/J, which would indicate they are earlier.

It looks like the top part of the tree in the background of the picture with K/J is in the sunlight. That, and the general light level, makes me think it is early morning and the sun is just rising.

That would mean that they are way ahead of K/V. But it does not mean that K/V must be dead last, it is possible that K/J are way ahead of everybody here.

jiajia12

« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2011, 04:08:27 AM »

AND ALSO

Thanls to colav10 for the title find!!

WHILE SCRAMBLING TO FIND THE MEANING OF LIFE IN INDIA'S CHAOTIC STREETS, ONE TEAM MAKES A COSTLY BLUNDER AND ANOTHER RACER TAKES A DANGEROUS PLUNGE IN A STATE OF PANIC, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, APRIL 10
"You Don't Get Paid Unless You Win" (Varanasi, India) - Overwhelmed by the crowded streets of India, one team makes a costly blunder while another Racer takes a desperate plunge, on THE AMAZING RACE

i

Could the team making the 'costly mistake' be one of the teams doing the hay detour? (Most likely Ron/Christina) Cause it directly involves traveling the streets, which is part of the detour, and also 'another racer' making a desperate 'plunge' could be Vyxsin coming from Kent when he says "Are you insane? Dont go in the water". Maybe they dropped something in the water?

it says someone is struggling at the Roadblock.not neccasarily be Ron/Christina

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2011, 08:11:51 AM »
Just a FYI.. There were bad storms last night and Peach is without internet and it may take till Saturday until they can get everything repaired and running. Hopefully it won't be that long.  :ascared

we had bad storm Monday

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #249 on: April 06, 2011, 08:15:44 AM »
I hope everyone is safe from the storms sweeping the country and gets power back soon!