Author Topic: Top 12 Discussion  (Read 11510 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Top 12 Discussion
« on: March 17, 2011, 09:18:15 AM »
I just heard Paul McDonald.. i thought it was ridiculously weird and i HATED IT as usual.

OMG. It was so horrendously off pitch and weird. I'M GOING WITH RANDY. GO RANDY!

He's so bad i think our local idol contestants can beat him.. what's America DOING? :groan: :groan: :groan:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Top 12 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 09:30:56 AM »
Thia... i agree with Randy.. too safe.

And she couldn't hit that highest note going into the Chorus. Colours of the wind is a great song.. but it's too boring.. to sing on Idol.

But Thia owns Paul and i hope she stays around!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:39:27 AM »
James... started off quite pitchy but in the end he picked himself up okay. The high notes were good and the song was OKAY. But as i've said before, if he don't lose his "Adam Lambert" style.. he'll never "outperform" him. I always compared him to Adam Lambert and although he sing good.. Adam blew us away everytime. However, James was just OKAY every week..

Hopefully he'll start to impress me.. maybe he's already doing it for all of you. But we already have an Adam Lambert and we don't need another one!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 09:50:16 AM »
Haley with the lipstick = More exciting/interesting than us wanting to hear her sing = No Good.

This week Haley disappointed me. And this is after she was in the Bottom 2 last week. I am very worried for her right now.

I really hope she stays.. i think she has got the talent just that she doesn't get what she wanted to do yet.

Her song was a mess and i didn't know why she picked that! :'( :'( :'(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 09:58:36 AM »
Stefano was amazing! Wow... my favourite male idol contestant in a long long time!! He made the song as if it was his own and slayyyyyyed it. Randy was right for most of the time for his comments tonight! :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 10:04:29 AM »
Pia.. finally did an UP TEMPO song and she OWNED it. It sounded like a weird song choice until she started hitting all the high notes and blew me away AND WOWED ME....

I really hope she stays around for a LONG LONG TIME!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 10:13:26 AM »
Scotty was great... best performance of the night thus far for me.. that's some real intense soulful and amazing singing! I love it and know that with that song, he's gonna stay so much more longer in the competition! :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 10:24:08 AM »
Karen, she was very shaky towards the end of the song.. but wow. I loved her outfit, i loved her song choice and Randy was right, she didn't blew me away.. but definitely not one of the worst performance of the night and i loved to hear her sing.. she amazed me as i never knew she could do that and after that performance... i do hope she stays in the competition! :jam:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 10:31:53 AM »
Casey, that.. was worst than Paul's performance. Mindless screeching, shouting.. and... i don't know. The reason why i STILL don't like Casey is because he seems SO COCKY.

He needs to bring down his EGO a tad little bit.. if not he'll just turn into a Danny Gokey or what and end up in 3rd place!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 10:44:01 AM »
Lauren BLEWWWWWWWWWW me away with her song.. WTH? How could someone sing so well with a sorethroat like hers??

She really reminded me of a Kelly Clarkson personality, while she looks abit like Carrie Underwood by the sidelines... and that makes me feel like she's already a WINNER.

Lauren is my favourite of the lot so far and each and every week she just made me LOVE her more and more and i can't wait to see her go further in the competition and rock the whole competition! :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 10:59:24 AM »
Alone is an extremely hard song to sing... it's one of my favourite songs of alltime and i was hoping he didn't ruin it. So far, Carrie nailed it best on Season 4 and i haven't heard a better version until Allison in Season 8!

And tonight... Jacob did great IMO. It was smooth, he put his own flavour to the song and it was soothing to the ear. I'm impressed with his rendition of the song (from a guy's point of view) but he really lost it when he reached the middle of the song.

Still not feeling the love for him, but he definitely deserve to stay another weight.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 11:02:42 AM »
Naima... flats here and there. Weird song choice. She needs to start touching us with the song/singing that got her through to the Top 13.. that's 2 weeks worth of disappointment. If she continues performing like this.. she'll be gone either this week or next week. :'(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 11:08:32 AM »
MY TOP 3 PERFORMANCES OF THE NIGHT:
Stefano, Scotty, Lauren

MY BOTTOM 3 PERFORMANCES OF THE NIGHT:
Paul, Casey, Naima

WHO I THINK WILL BE IN THE BOTTOM 3:
Naima, Haley, Karen/Thia/Paul
I think the girls are in trouble this season. Lauren and Pia are the only 2 girls who managed to make an impression! I like Karen's song choice and performance but i don't think it was enough to help her!

WHO I THINK WILL BE GOING HOME:
Naima (Performing first curse)
HOPEFULLY NOT HALEY. KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED!

So far so good, we have more good performances than BAD performances! :tup:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 11:49:31 AM »
I thought that this was a great night! Echoing Randy, we have hot competition here!

Naima - I can't see Naima going beyond the Top 10. And watching her performance and looking at Ashthon leave last week, I'm once again disappointed with the judges' female Wild Card picks. I believe that some of the girls in the Top 24 that were sent home would have done so much better. But no use lamenting over what's done.

Paul - Watching Paul's performances over the past two weeks, I'm beginning to think that he's overrated. I think "quirky" is the only thing that's gonna keep him in the competition. And for some reason, the judges and the fans love him. Okay, but I once liked him too. Lol.

Thia - I love her voice! But indeed, it was the wrong song to pick at this stage of the competition. I mean, what can you do with a song like Colors of the Wind? It reminded me of Jordin's performance of If We Hold On Together at the Top 12 stage. But the difference is that Jordin owned it (and I can still remember it till now) but Thia's was plain forgettable.

James - I thought that the night really started from here. Minus the comparison to Adam Lambert, at least he delivers each week he's on the show and he stays true to himself. I really like how he totally owned the stage. Maybe it wasn't the best vocals, but it was a great performance!

Haley - She kinda reminds me of Lil Rounds of Season 8 who has a great voice but never ever chooses the right songs. Unfortunately, I don't think she has the fanbase of Lil Rounds and I think she's in great danger of going home tonight.

Stefano - Best performance of the night in my opinion! Yes, there were other big voices tonight but his performance was so authentic, down to earth, and I really felt his soul. I'm getting the Kris Allen and Lee DeWyze vibe from him but because he's a Wild Card, I doubt he's gonna win.

Pia - I loved it that she chose a more uptempo song this week! And as usual, she nailed the song. I can't wait to see her take even bigger risks.

Scotty - Another steady performance from him, but it didn't blow me away. But yeah, he's gonna cruise through the weeks...

Karen - Definitely better than last week's but I thought it was a little too safe. It wasn't impressive.

Casey - I liked the performance, but I didn't like the song. He was like, singing the same few notes for more than half of the song? But yeah, you just know that he's not going anywhere this week.

Lauren - Yay that she picked herself up after last week! She reminds me of Allison Iraheta! But the good thing is she seems to have a larger fanbase. =)

Jacob - Personally, I didn't like the arrangement of the song at the front, I thought that it spoilt such a great song. I actually only enjoyed the song from the middle onwards. It was a little over the top as usual, but still a great performance.

I think that Naima, Haley and Thia/Karen will be in the bottom three tonight. And I have this terrible feeling that Haley or Karen will go home but I really hope not 'cos I feel that they have so much more potential than Naima, especially Haley! Geez.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 12:05:46 PM »
I really really like Haley... she gives me a JHud vibe... she just need to do well for THAT ONE WEEK.. and she'll be on a ROCK AND ROLL train ride to the end (hopefully not get a shocking elimination) or what..

But she needs to find it real quick!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 12:09:01 PM »
http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp

OMG. DialIdol predicted Lauren, Scotty, Jacob, Pia and Naima to be SAFE. Hopefully NOT! Not Naima..!! :groan:

It seems Paul, Casey and Karen are not getting the votes?! What?! That sure changes loads of perspectives! How the hell did Lauren suddenly garner the most votes?! :lol:

I know it's not entire accurate especially it works for those only who uses the program. And that this season it was off to a bad start with the Top 24.. but still, it has been right most of the time.

Let's hope Naima's not safe and in the bottom 3 at least... :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 07:06:31 PM »
I will be shocked if Naima stays, she performed the worst of the 12. We'll see!

ETA: I'm shocked.. not too surprised at the bottom 3, but shocked by who stayed.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 08:38:58 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 10:46:45 PM »
Dim the lights and here we goooooooooo!

IRISH MUSIC... LOL!

Jacob, Lauren and Casey........

Jacob.... HEAD TO THE COUCH, YOU'RE SAFE!

Jennifer Lopez "I knew it.. I knew it"

Lauren's turn...

LAUREN IS SAFE!

Casey Abrams... receiving loads of cheers from the crowd. :res: :res: :res:

Casey is SAFE. As expected... but :res: :res: :res:

Haley and Paul next...

Oh no, Haley is in trouble and Paul will be safe. :'( :'( :'(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 10:48:41 PM »
GO HALEY... GO HALEY... PLEASE BE SAFE.

OMG, PAUL NEEDS TO BE IN THE BOTTOM 3.

*prays prays prays*

One is SAFE, one is in BOTTOM 3...

I'll be shock if Haley is SAFE.

Haley is in the bottom 3.. Paul is SAFE. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 10:52:41 PM »
I have a feeling she'll be going home... :'(

Scotty, Pia and James?!

Let's see.. i think all of them will be SAFE?

The crowd's crazy over Scotty...

SCOTTY'S SAFE! (expected, lol)

Pia's turn...

PIA'S SO PRETTY TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :<3

Pia... IS SAFE! (expected)

James Durbin!!!

I'll be shock if he's NOT SAFE?

Steven do you see a little of you in James when he performs...

JAMES IS SAFE...

Okay, 7 SAFE and 1 in the bottom 3.. 4 more to go!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 10:54:24 PM »
Stefano and Naima UP...

I think Naima will be in the BOTTOM 3 while Stefano will be safe.. Stefano can't be in trouble.

One is SAFE.. One is in the Bottom 3.

Naima is in the BOTTOM 3... Stefano is SAFE.

2 expected BOTTOM 3.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 10:57:54 PM »
Karen and Thia...

BOTTOM 3 GIRLS AGAIN?

Karen is in TROUBLE.

I would be shock if Karen is SAFE and Thia's not...

OMG... BOTTOM 3 GIRLS SUCKS AGAIN? I know they're one of the weakest..

THIA IS SAFE.

KAREN IS IN THE BOTTOM 3?!?!

Haley, Naima and Karen?! I'm spot on.. just didn't expect Karen to be still there even if an OKAY performance!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 10:59:50 PM »
One of them back to safety on the couch... OMG please don't be NAIMA...

OMG. NAIMA IS SAFE?!

HALEY AND KAREN AGAIN?!?!

PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

HALEY PLEASE BE SAFE....

NO......

KAREN IS IN DANGER....

HALEY IS SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 11:02:09 PM »
I just heard Paul McDonald.. i thought it was ridiculously weird and i HATED IT as usual.

OMG. It was so horrendously off pitch and weird. I'M GOING WITH RANDY. GO RANDY!

He's so bad i think our local idol contestants can beat him.. what's America DOING? :groan: :groan: :groan:

:meow: Paul McDonald ftw!  :lol: He is so loopy, I love it!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 11:05:53 PM »
Karen's a GOOD SINGER.. But she shouldn't be leaving and not even making the Top 10. :'(

Haley will be in trouble next week.. she just happened to scrape through 2 weeks.. she's like the underdog in The Amazing Race...

:'(

Naima... SIGH. I wonder if it will be Thia's turn in the bottom 3 next week. :res: