Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 6 "I Feel Like a Monkey in a Circus Parade" (Kolkata, India)  (Read 111560 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 18 Ep 6 "I Feel Like a Monkey in a Circus Parade" (Kolkata, India)
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2011, 09:51:41 AM »

I will review the games and let mswood and Joab know what questions may have an unfair advantage from those who saw the vids.

:kuss:

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2011, 10:50:09 AM »
FWIW, I think you made the right call peach!  This was obviously a big mistake on someone's part and it doesnt feel right to capitalize on that.   Most of the fun (and satisfaction) of spoiling comes from the hard work, the searching for details, figuring things out, piecing it together.  Having it all just handed to us takes away the fun.

For me,  part of the fun of watching the episodes is seeing what "we" got right.  I only watched the first released clip and then stopped.  It felt like opening Christmas presents before Christmas morning.

Offline BK_amazing_race

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »
Has anything like this ever happened before on previous seasons of TAR?  Have they ever spoiled too much?  I've only been here since last season so I wouldn't know.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2011, 11:00:49 AM »
They show most of the detour and the checkins milanissimo has compiled an order of arrival from them: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,24977.msg600352.html#msg600352

It looks like the painting and the school bus are the detour option. They have to deliver books to a school in those things. The cowboys, Gallory, and Zev and Justin do the books and everyone else does the painting.

(And I thought this was going to be a down week for clips)

Did you happen to catch the titles for the detours?  ie... 'Paint it or Book it?'

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2011, 12:36:16 PM »
No, the titles are not in there.

Here's hoping that the prediction games will be figured in time to give everyone a chance to re look at them before the deadline which is in five hours.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2011, 12:43:39 PM »
If you are expecting some online disclosure about what to pick,or ahead of time answers,  you can forget it. I am sending Joab and mswood a list of the  questions spoiled in the episode, I am not planning on answering the questions online.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2011, 12:45:14 PM »
I can recall a couple of instances where a leg or final result was inadvertently spoiled by CBS (TAR 10, IIRC) but I'm not aware that all the essential elements of a leg were covered by CBS provided clips in advance of an episode.

I'm wondering if someone was taking the week off (since there is no episode next week) and thought they were doing themselves a favor. It make sense that WRP provides the material to the CBS webmonkeys to post after the episode airs on the west coast on Sunday nights, but I can't think of any other explaination for this development.  The only other circumstances similar to this is that there had been some seasons where the website for a new season went up too soon, and spoiled the identity of the cast and a new season's Racer applications went up a few days beforehand, but I understand how this is different.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2011, 12:45:45 PM »
If you are addressing me peach, I thought some questions were going to be changed and was hoping everyone would have time to review them before the deadline. Are they just discounting questions and not replacing them?

Offline crouchingmommyhiddenlaund

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »
I'm a newbie.  I love the show.  I love reading the spoilers.  But I'm prompted to "post" by the display of integrity.  Thanks, Peach, for being such a shining light in a dark world. :gnome

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2011, 12:48:48 PM »
:welcome: to RFF!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2011, 12:51:16 PM »
I'm a newbie.  I love the show.  I love reading the spoilers.  But I'm prompted to "post" by the display of integrity.  Thanks, Peach, for being such a shining light in a dark world. :gnome

Thanks sweetie, You just made my very dark day a little brighter. Many thanks and a BIG :bigwelcome
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2011, 12:52:27 PM »
If you are addressing me peach, I thought some questions were going to be changed and was hoping everyone would have time to review them before the deadline. Are they just discounting questions and not replacing them?

I doubt there is time for replacing questions, plus many have made their pics already. So I believe Joab for one is discounting answers.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2011, 12:54:32 PM »

I doubt there is time for replacing questions, plus many have made their pics already. So I believe Joab for one is discounting answers.

I would think that it's the best solution as there is not enough time for people staying in Asia to change the answers as it's already midnight and most of them are already sleeping.
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
most of them are already sleeping.

Wish I was!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BK_amazing_race

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2011, 01:15:58 PM »
Peach, how long have you known who was getting eliminated on this leg for? 

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »
If you are expecting some online disclosure about what to pick,or ahead of time answers,  you can forget it. I am sending Joab and mswood a list of the  questions spoiled in the episode, I am not planning on answering the questions online.

Peach, I am sorry, I simply asked a question. I don't play the game here at RFF so I really have no idea why you are so upset with me.  You guys have spoiled the detours before so I thought maybe somebody knew. Dang.   I know to keep my mouth shut from now on. Sheez  :groan:

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2011, 01:46:18 PM »

Peach, I am sorry, I simply asked a question. I don't play the game here at RFF so I really have no idea why you are so upset with me.  You guys have spoiled the detours before so I thought maybe somebody knew. Dang.   I know to keep my mouth shut from now on. Sheez  :groan:

You should try joining the games Lucybell, they are fun. :lol:

When the entire episodes come out like that, the whole game is ruined. Whereas when you spoil certain parts of the episode, there are still room for our imagination to guess which other possible answers it could be. Hope that answers your question. :tup:
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2011, 02:21:27 PM »

The comment was NOT addressed to you Lucy.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2011, 02:31:21 PM »
If you are expecting some online disclosure about what to pick,or ahead of time answers,  you can forget it. I am sending Joab and mswood a list of the  questions spoiled in the episode, I am not planning on answering the questions online.

Peach, I am sorry, I simply asked a question. I don't play the game here at RFF so I really have no idea why you are so upset with me.  You guys have spoiled the detours before so I thought maybe somebody knew. Dang.   I know to keep my mouth shut from now on. Sheez  :groan:

The comment was NOT addressed to you Lucy.

OK, Thanks Peach. :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 02:58:29 PM by Lucybell »

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »
Lord, I should just not ever sleep.

People who play my game, there is a nice fat note on my thread showing how I am going to deal with it. 

CBS is going to give Peach gray hair.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2011, 03:35:43 PM »

Don't ever feel that way Lucybell!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »
One has to wonder if they will actually be paid in rupees. If so then the correct exchange rate to use would be the one on the day that they convert it.
Even if they are paid in American dollars they may not be awarded the money until after the season is finished airing. Isn't that the typical practice? I believe it would be quite difficult to determine the answer to these questions and ultimately come up with the actual conversion. This is why Phil said over twenty thousand instead of an exact figure.

You are right that prize payments are typically made after the race is over, so it is impossible to know right now what will happen to the rupee/$ exchange rate. however, it is currently at 44.7, which is not much different.

Offline TheAmazing4Ever

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #272 on: March 27, 2011, 06:05:33 PM »
i'm new, and peach will you post a link to watch the amazing race at 8:00 today ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #273 on: March 27, 2011, 06:15:56 PM »
:welcome: to RFF TheAmazing4Ever!

You are welcome to join everyone as we watch together over here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25048.0.html

There is a Basketball delay tonight!! Show about 10 minutes late...

LIVE STREAMING VIDEO LINKS HERE about 10-15 minutes before show time.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jims02

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #274 on: March 27, 2011, 06:35:50 PM »
Thanks for your work on this episode, peach.  In this case, it was pretty impossible to completely stop the bleeding, but I really appreciate that you tried to keep things as un-ruined as possible.