Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 3: "We Had a Lot of Evil Spirits Apparently" (Japan)  (Read 90828 times)

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 18 Ep 3: "We Had a Lot of Evil Spirits Apparently" (Japan)
« Reply #250 on: March 12, 2011, 11:03:33 AM »
So the curse continues:    :groan:
8.9 Earthquake in Japan

FYI - Peach sent me a message asking me to convey the thoughts and prayers of the TAR team here at RFF to our friends over at the mixi.jp TAR community.

Aftershocks STILL continue into the 2nd day - and they're not just in the Tohoku region where the initial shocks occured (especially the Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima prefectures along the Pacific coast), but also in the mountains in the Nagano (site of the 1998 Winter Olympics) and Niigata (along the coast of the Sea of Japan) prefectures.  Despite all of the damage, the people of Japan seem calm and united - as I have seen in news reports - crime rates are low (as was the case after the Hanshin Quake in 1995), and there's no reported pushing/shoving/chaos caused by panicked out people. You gotta give it to the Japanese people - they are handling this as well as they can.

I know some mixi.jp TAR members are safe, as I have seen their tweets after the quake.  I hope they are ALL safe.

Also during this Sunday's TAR-UB episode, we'll get to hear Phil's PSA, as TAR18-04 will be dedicated to the people of Japan.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:09:17 AM by kenchan »
「超たのしい~!♪」
-Tyler McNiven riding a fold-up bike in the night streets of Tokyo, TAR9

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #251 on: March 12, 2011, 11:38:22 AM »
SUch a scary time...we hope that they are all safe and well. Japan is in all of our minds and hearts this week.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2011, 06:30:04 AM »
Looking at the insider videos I notice that Jamie & Care are sitting in the back of a Japanese van (at least there is Japanese looking writing in it). Since they are both clean this must be the transfer from Narita to the parking garage. I.e. they did not take the train.