Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep. 4: This is the Most Stupid Day Ever (Lijiang, China)  (Read 86407 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 18 Ep. 4: This is the Most Stupid Day Ever (Lijiang, China)
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2011, 06:51:23 PM »
I was waiting to hear that., I figured that would happen whether Phil tweeted it or not.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2011, 12:04:58 AM »
PROMO 1 caps:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2011, 12:07:12 AM »
Could someone run thru all the locations here please?

Note the gong for the bell is moving.

Team order on the stairs is??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2011, 12:33:41 AM »
Team order on stairs:
1) Jamie/Cara
2) Luke.......I can't see Margie on the stairs, but she is with Luke getting out of vehicle in photos #1, 2
3) Cowboys
4) Gary/Mallory
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:40:12 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2011, 07:10:05 AM »
Thanks!

I am still running...hope to do promo 2 caps later.

But at the end of promo 2...that bus that Ron and Chris are chasing?? The one holding the Trotters?? It stops.

So do the Globetrotters TELL it to as payback?? Hmmmm.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2011, 02:11:58 PM »
The Chinese zodiac signs will make an appearance according to Luke. Perhaps in the RB?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »
Baybay, http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23690.msg579063.html#msg579063

I was wondering when someone was going to mention this part of the leg. I would say probably not the RB because I think this sighting was in the ancient city.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2011, 05:14:33 PM »
I wonder if it's going to be like the Chinese zodiac task from TARA3, Leg 7.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2011, 06:24:05 PM »
Run for the Pit Stop stairs.......

Cara, Jamie, Luke, Margie

Starting up the stairs...

Jamie/Cara in the lead, appear to be blocking Luke, No Margie? Cowboys in 3rd, Gary/Mallory in 4th.

Next frame........

Jamie/Cara still blocking Luke, Cowboys appear to be passing Margie on the left, Gary/Mallory still in 4th.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2011, 07:04:46 PM »
The Chinese zodiac signs will make an appearance according to Luke. Perhaps in the RB?

I don't think we're allowed to share personal information from facebook. Yes/No?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2011, 07:27:01 PM »

I don't think we're allowed to share personal information from facebook. Yes/No?

We do it all the time, Joab. We just dont share their photos.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2011, 10:26:28 PM »
The privileges of being a racer: this photo, and the following 4/5 photos in the album, demonstrate what it's like for a typical tourist at Snow Mountain. Buy the tickets, queue for a bus, queue for a ski-lift, and queue for a "little green frog" (cart). Added together, it took this family 5 hours to reach Spruce Meadow.
I haven't found any matching pics for the K/V cablecar. It doesn't resemble the Yak Meadow cars, and a ski-lift is used for Spruce Meadow.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2011, 10:53:21 PM »

Actually...no, Joab is correct.

This is the current guideline....for once the cast is revealed.

** Once the casts are revealed, nothing (no photos, no comments, no anything) should be posted from a racer's OWN Facebook without their written approval. They honor us with their trust, so we try to respect the little privacy they have. Info from their FB FAN pages or Twitter is generally acceptable.

This is intended to prevent PERSONAL info being revealed, along with PERSONAL photos.

But if a racer is discussing the legs openly, I am inclined to think that is fine to share....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2011, 10:53:45 PM »
Thanks for the zodiac reminder!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2011, 06:41:37 AM »
The privileges of being a racer: this photo, and the following 4/5 photos in the album, demonstrate what it's like for a typical tourist at Snow Mountain. Buy the tickets, queue for a bus, queue for a ski-lift, and queue for a "little green frog" (cart). Added together, it took this family 5 hours to reach Spruce Meadow.
I haven't found any matching pics for the K/V cablecar. It doesn't resemble the Yak Meadow cars, and a ski-lift is used for Spruce Meadow.

Great find Slowhatch! I was perplexed by the cable cars as well. I'm sure you'll figure it out though.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2011, 08:16:05 AM »
Baybay, http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23690.msg579063.html#msg579063

I was wondering when someone was going to mention this part of the leg. I would say probably not the RB because I think this sighting was in the ancient city.

You didn't want to bring it up? :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2011, 08:59:54 AM »

** Once the casts are revealed, nothing (no photos, no comments, no anything) should be posted from a racer's OWN Facebook without their written approval. They honor us with their trust, so we try to respect the little privacy they have. Info from their FB FAN pages or Twitter is generally acceptable.

This is intended to prevent PERSONAL info being revealed, along with PERSONAL photos.

But if a racer is discussing the legs openly, I am inclined to think that is fine to share....

Glad that it's cleared. But i still think next time we should ask the racer for permission first. :lol:

Anyway, crash course for chinese zodiac.

CHINESE ZODIAC: Rat, Ox, Rabbit, Tiger, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Ram (Sheep/Goat), Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Pig

Basically, every Chinese New year for us Chinese means the passing of another "animal" year and the welcoming of another animal year. Last year was Tiger and this year, we "invited" the year of Rabbit.

It takes 12 years for one zodiac "cycle" to "finish" and then it will go back to the first animal again. For example, after the year of the pig, it will go back to the year of the rat.

We Chinese believe that the zodiac has got something to do with fengshui and greatly linked to the different things that happen in our life and whatsoever.

Okay, enough of zodiac talking. One thing for sure is, i DO believe that the task which Zev got stuck at and Vyxsin attempting (have to find wooden boards/cards or what) should be the Roadblock related to Zodiac signs. Just speculating. I can't find where as will the Zodiac be incorporated into the leg. :)

Now i hope that it has past teams writing words of wishes/curses for the teams still racing. :lol:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 09:35:12 AM by Joab »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2011, 07:52:16 PM »

Glad that it's cleared. But i still think next time we should ask the racer for permission first. :lol:

Anyway, crash course for chinese zodiac.

CHINESE ZODIAC: Rat, Ox, Rabbit, Tiger, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Ram (Sheep/Goat), Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Pig

Basically, every Chinese New year for us Chinese means the passing of another "animal" year and the welcoming of another animal year. Last year was Tiger and this year, we "invited" the year of Rabbit.

It takes 12 years for one zodiac "cycle" to "finish" and then it will go back to the first animal again. For example, after the year of the pig, it will go back to the year of the rat.

We Chinese believe that the zodiac has got something to do with fengshui and greatly linked to the different things that happen in our life and whatsoever.

Okay, enough of zodiac talking. One thing for sure is, i DO believe that the task which Zev got stuck at and Vyxsin attempting (have to find wooden boards/cards or what) should be the Roadblock related to Zodiac signs. Just speculating. I can't find where as will the Zodiac be incorporated into the leg. :)

Now i hope that it has past teams writing words of wishes/curses for the teams still racing. :lol:

I was right in the end... dangit! :lol:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2011, 11:00:23 PM »
The teams were instructed to "eventually" deliver a box of candy to Phil, but I didn't notice any candy boxes at the (faux) pitstop.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2011, 11:09:19 PM »
Maybe it gets handed over at the next 'real' Pit Stop.   :duno:

That's going to be a problem for Ron!  :lol3:  munch munch munch
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2011, 11:17:35 PM »
The teams were instructed to "eventually" deliver a box of candy to Phil, but I didn't notice any candy boxes at the (faux) pitstop.

Well the cynic in us was rewarded 3 times in that episode, before they even had to do ONE task. Airport in Japan, Train station in Kunming and shuttle bus in Lijiang.......lol

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2011, 11:44:14 PM »
One of the best and most suspenseful episodes in a while! I am guessing the 30 mins penalty that was overheard is for taking another flight? Airport drama <3 TBC <3 losig passports <3 zev and Justin struggling <3 Luke and Margie first <3 SOO MANY HEARTS!!! But should have defs been 90 mins. Detour was rushed!!

Ps how is this gonna work with scheduling? No NELs??

Kept thinking can't be a TBC but timing was leading massively to it.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2011, 12:20:29 AM »
One of the best and most suspenseful episodes in a while! I am guessing the 30 mins penalty that was overheard is for taking another flight?

So you really think, that after penalizing themselves about 6 hours by getting lost driving to the airport, TPTB will penalize them another 30 minutes?

Actually if people would have researched the flight options for that day, you probably would understand why teams were forced to fly on that 9:50am flight.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2011, 12:42:50 AM »
This episode, for me, goes down in my Top Ten Favorite Episodes EVER.

For me, this is the best Chinese leg ever been designed.
Chinese Yaks <3
Chinese Zodiac <3
Chinese Zodiac Part II <3
Chinese Detour <3
High Elevation <3
Goth Breakdowns <3
Rontina Breakdowns <3
AND... A SURPRISE FAUX-LEG! <3333333333333333

I've never been this happy for almost 4 seasons already. If I haven't been spoiled that this is a TBC leg, I would definitely be 1000% more happy, but oh well. :lol:

I LOVE CHINA.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2011, 12:45:08 AM »
P.S. This is gonna be the episode that I'm going to refer to somebody if they want to watch TAR.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D