Author Topic: EP 5 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 55153 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: EP 5 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2011, 04:54:03 AM »
In TAR17, they had to use it before the end of Leg 8. At the start of TAR18, Phil didnt put a limit on it that we heard.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2011, 05:05:23 AM »
I do agree that Gary and Mallory should do the task and wait till they are one of the last teams.

But seeing that they could have the chance to come in first with none of the teams completing yet, i think their greed for first place made them want to use it.

And of course, the cowboys destroyed their first place plan. :lol:

But you can't deny it was sort of a good use, because they were indeed in dead last.. anything could have happen. Gary might not have been able to get the dinosaur puzzle and get stuck there for a long long time....

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2011, 05:10:53 AM »
I also like the fact that the U-TURN didn't kill Jaime and Cara, it was because of the Roadblock... now maybe we can start a U-TURN curse... of any team to be U-TURN and will be eliminated. Brooke and Claire and Flight Time and Big Easy are officially the only two teams to be able to survive the U-TURN.

Of course, i like the fact that Jaime and Cara were also able to use their U-TURN, this makes the game playing more fair.. I'm just shocked that they reached the U-TURN like 4th... and were still U-TURN? They were actually doing so well for the first half of the leg! :'(

I have a complete change in attitude for the cheerleaders this season. I like them so much better now. No matter how difficult it was them, they chose not to give up on the Roadblock. Besides, they didn't really whine/complain that much even after they got U-TURN and GOT STRAIGHT into the mood to do the task. Much respect for them. I mean you can't really blame them for complaining about the driver stopping for gas, because if i were in their shoes, i would have been pissed off with my cab driver too!

The Roadblock is surprisingly entertaining and suspenseful. Love both the Detour tasks... just wished we got to see Dounan Market and some of the other locations in the day. :)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2011, 05:41:02 AM »
In their extra videos, J/C explalin a lot about their taxi troubles. I really dont know how anyone can be mad at the cab driver stopping to get fuel. That trip to the Stone Forest was a long way. At least he stopped and didnt run out of gas out on the highway. It seemed like the main reason they got back to the pit stop so far behind the other teams was because there was some kind of road blockage that they got caught behind. They spent a lot of time just parked on the highway.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:30:06 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2011, 09:16:05 AM »
Joab, I command you to stop capsizing the word U-TURN everytime. (:;) :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2011, 09:20:54 AM »
Joab, I command you to stop capsizing the word U-TURN everytime. (:;) :lol:

:neener:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2011, 09:23:44 AM »

How about treating it as a verb when it is use(d) as a verb?   :lol:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2011, 09:36:16 AM »

How about treating it as a verb when it is use(d) as a verb?   :lol:

Yeah, like u-turnED or w-turnED. :lol3:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #208 on: March 21, 2011, 10:25:39 AM »
This must be the first time since this season aired that I'm commenting on the episode. Because this leg was just plain EXCITING. What a major shuffle in placements from the start to the end! Trailing teams like Gary and Mallory and Jet and Cord caught up at the last part, and leading teams like Zev and Justin and Ron and Christina totally fell behind. And then we have all the U-Turn drama. I thought that the U-Turn was gonna kill Jaime and Cara, but ultimately it was the Roadblock that did. Even though Flight Time and Big Easy totally annoyed me yelling "DOUBLE U-TURN" for a thousand times, I give them props for finishing in a respectable 6th place! Wow!

I'm pretty impressed with Kent and Vyxsin too. Considering that they were so far behind, them finishing in 5th place this leg was really awesome. Of course, luck was on their side when they caught up to the other teams on the train to Kunming. I wish they hadn't U-Turned Jaime and Cara, but as they said, they've probably wised up from their season. And it must suck being Jaime and Cara at that instant, standing there LOOKING at a team U-Turning them right in the face.

I was sad when Jaime and Cara were eliminated. Jaime fought till the very end! Their elimination reminded me A LITTLE of Lena and Kristy's. Both all-female teams were eliminated at 9th place, by a tough Roadblock. Geez.

I kinda wish Gary and Mallory didn't use their Express Pass so early. I'm confident that Gary would have been able to beat a few teams at the Roadblock. But they couldn't take the risk I guess.

Besides the fact that Jaime and Cara got eliminated... I love love love this leg!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #209 on: March 21, 2011, 10:30:14 AM »
Glad to see you commenting, Ruth. :tup:

Gary may or may have been able to complete the Roadblock before other teams, but I think he was physically exhausted, as one can see by watching one of the insider videos. They were just finishing a double length leg and were ready for a rest. However, if I were them, I would have wished I could have converted that Express Pass to $5000 each!

This was an enjoyable episode to watch; I liked it better than the previous one which I found a little odd.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2011, 12:36:25 PM »
I didn't like Kent and Vyxsin and Cara and Jaime the first time round.. and as C/J got eliminated today, i felt sad... i wished they got to stay and we get an exciting pit-stop sprint elimination between Z/J and Ron/Chris... with Z/J getting eliminated.. :lol:

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: March 21, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »
It seems like every team has changed their team attitude. I don't see the same attitude that I saw in their first seasons.

But I think that they change their attitude to see if they can setup something for their second chance.

Sorry to see the Cheerleaders go, but they did a nice job.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2011, 05:21:51 AM »
The teams are probably getting different edits this season based on how far they go. Since Jaime and Cara were eliminated early, there wasn't much of a nasty side of theirs to show. But then again, even with Jaime constantly yelling about everything in the previous season, I still really liked this team!

I liked Kent and Vyxsin a lot in Season 12, but not that much now. Maybe because there're other more likable teams this season. We'll have to see as the season proceeds!

Yeah, I wish that Gary and Mallory would have finished in first after using the Express Pass. But come to think of it, 2nd place isn't too shabby. Jill and Thomas used the Express Pass last season and finished in fifth.

And I love it that there aren't any concrete spoilers after the 5th leg. It remains to be seen who'll be eliminated next. I'm excited!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2011, 01:27:22 PM »
It's for gaps in filming spoilers like we're facing until the next to last leg that a look at teams' overall performance may offer some indication of what may happen.

When I computed and ordered the placement average rankings for this week, Kent and Vxysen are having a terrible season, with an average placement over the first 5 legs of 7.6000, and Ron and Christina aren't doing much better, averaging 6.4000.
Except for Gary and Mallory, who are averaging 3.4000 so far, the other teams are clustered between 4.0000 and 4.8000. There's some movement going on both ways among those top 6 teams, but this is just a snapshot. Based on what's happened in the past, Kent and Vxysen and Ron and Christina are most likely to be among the next two eliminations, but Zev and Justin, with two consecutive 8th place finishes, could also be among the high-danger group.

I thought this was a very important leg in terms of game play. There was a lot going on, in addition to it being a second leg without a rest period. The double U-Turn, the revelation that a U-Turned team could U-Turn another team, the use of the Express Pass, the penalty assessed on Kent-Vxysen for not using the mandatory flight from Tokyo to Kunming, were all in play, not to mention the usual shifting of team order due to an unbalanced detour (I think the solar heat panel was probably the faster task; at lease Jet and Cord may it look that way) and the physically demanding roadblock for teams not used to the altitude of the Kunming area, and you have the recipe for a complex leg that provided much room for shifting of the placement order.

I have to say that after their good start, Zev and Justin really struggled on these last two legs. Meanwhile, other teams (Jet and Cord, Gary and Mallory, and Margie and Luke) had a good time in China, and the Cowboys are showing the same competitive form they had in their original season, getting into a groove after the first couple of legs, and their uncanny ability to get through tasks very quickly allowing them to make up time.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2011, 01:34:35 PM »
(I think the solar heat panel was probably the faster task; at lease Jet and Cord may it look that way)

... or the other way around. :lol: Jaime and Cara said that according to them, this was the easiest task they have encountered in either races.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #215 on: March 22, 2011, 06:02:22 PM »
(I think the solar heat panel was probably the faster task; at lease Jet and Cord may it look that way)

... or the other way around. :lol: Jaime and Cara said that according to them, this was the easiest task they have encountered in either races.
I thought they said the dolls were a breeze?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: March 22, 2011, 08:03:23 PM »

... or the other way around. :lol: Jaime and Cara said that according to them, the Doll Detour was the easiest task they have encountered in either races.
I thought they said the dolls were a breeze?

Oops. Fixed. I meant that. :lol: