Author Topic: Chris Medina - What Are Words  (Read 3898 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Chris Medina - What Are Words
« on: February 27, 2011, 08:20:05 AM »

Isn't this beautiful? American Idol lost a talent... :'(

I cried... this song is just so meaningful..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Chris Medina - What Are Words
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 08:27:54 AM »
Oh my gosh! WHY did they cut him??

Now I am boo-hooing too.   Beautiful.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Chris Medina - What Are Words
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 12:05:42 PM »
J-Lo cried when he was cut. She wanted to keep him. However he is doing well on his own. Apparently a large number of people have donated to help him care for his fiance. The last number I saw was $29,000. I believe this song will become a wedding song and a big hit for him.

More:

Medina 'Idol' jackpot
Last Updated: 10:51 AM, February 23, 2011
Posted: 11:54 PM, February 22, 2011

Chris Medina may be out of "American Idol" this week, but he has collected a sizeable sum for his wheelchair-bound fiancée.

Fans stepped up and donated a handicapped van, a home furnace and more than $29,000 to girlfriend Juliana Ramos, according to a local news Web site in the Chicago suburb where Medina lives.

In the three weeks since Medina told the story of how he became his fiancée's caregiver after a car accident left her with severe brain damage, contributions have been pouring in, it said.

Medina made it all the way to the Top 40 round of singers, but was cut last week when the show was whittled down to 24 semifinalists, according to reports.

Source

Idol's Chris Medina Feels Like He's Been "Swept Up by a Tornado"
Robyn Ross
Mar 2, 2011 10:39 AM ET
by Robyn Ross

Although American Idol hopeful Chris Medina was eliminated a round short of the Top 24, he's forging a musical future.

"I released a single," he tells TVGuide.com. "Two days after I was eliminated I found out [producer Rodney Jerkins] had written a song for me that was inspired by my audition. Friday I got a call saying come into the studio, Monday I heard the song, loved the song and the meaning of the song, Wednesday I get a copy of it saying it's going to be released on Thursday, and Friday I have to learn the song for a performance on Leno."

Medina likens his post-Idol experience to "being swept up by a tornado."

More here: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Idol-Chris-Medina-1030276.aspx
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.