Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 5 "Don't Ruin the Basketball Game" (Kunming, China)  (Read 126294 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 18 Ep 5 "Don't Ruin the Basketball Game" (Kunming, China)
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2011, 02:00:15 PM »
If Kent/Vyxen dont get a penalty for the missed flight, they may get it for taking a taxi from Lijiang Airport to the Yak task. It never shows them in a marked shuttle bus. There is one scene where they are in a taxi, saying they are going to Jade Mtn.

Ah, I believe you are onto something there, Doc. I don't see why TPTB would Mark the Goths for Elimination when they did not give the Cowboys a penalty in Sydney, since the situations are similar.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2011, 02:12:52 PM »
I don't see a similarity other than arrives last to the Mat. ???

They didn't take a required flight>>could be a penalty although seems a bit much to me.

The idea of not taking the shuttle... maybe...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2011, 02:19:06 PM »
If Kent/Vyxen dont get a penalty for the missed flight, they may get it for taking a taxi from Lijiang Airport to the Yak task. It never shows them in a marked shuttle bus. There is one scene where they are in a taxi, saying they are going to Jade Mtn.

Ah, I believe you are onto something there, Doc. I don't see why TPTB would Mark the Goths for Elimination when they did not give the Cowboys a penalty in Sydney, since the situations are similar.
From the screen cap of Vyxyn in the previews - it appears that they confiscate about 20lbs of makeup from them as a penalty.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2011, 02:19:41 PM »

They didn't take a required flight>>could be a penalty although seems a bit much to me.

The idea of not taking the shuttle... maybe...
I dont

They could have taken a shuttle......it just doesn't show it anywhere in the episode. Maybe someone that has actually been to Lijiang can rewatch and recognize where they are going when they are in the taxi and saying they are going to Jade Mtn. I don't know if it is on the rode into town from the airport or on the road to Jade Mtn. Maybe it is the same road?
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2011, 02:21:05 PM »

I mean both legs are some form of a TBC\uberleg\fake Pit Stop, etc.

From the screen cap of Vyxyn in the previews - it appears that they confiscate about 20lbs of makeup from them as a penalty.

:lol3:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2011, 02:30:22 PM »
One thing I didnt put in the previous analysis. Kent and Vyxen obviously booked their flight at a ticket counter @ Narita. It does appear that all the other teams just got boarding passes at Narita. So if Kent/Vyxen skipped a "route info" stop at a travel agency in Tokyo......that might get them the 30 min penalty too. That will be pretty hard for TPTB to explain, since they didn't show any other teams going to the travel agency in Tokyo either.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2011, 02:35:38 PM »
TPTB could choose to brush over the penalty without airing any of it. :duno: They could just pretend like they check in after the sisters.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:40:49 PM by The Prophet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2011, 02:52:30 PM »
One thing I didnt put in the previous analysis. Kent and Vyxen obviously booked their flight at a ticket counter @ Narita. It does appear that all the other teams just got boarding passes at Narita. So if Kent/Vyxen skipped a "route info" stop at a travel agency in Tokyo......that might get them the 30 min penalty too. That will be pretty hard for TPTB to explain, since they didn't show any other teams going to the travel agency in Tokyo either.

I believe the travel agaency gave teams the name/# of the required flight only...not actual tickets. ???

Seems relatively purposeless, unless you wanted to have some teams getting lost.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2011, 06:34:52 PM »

I believe the travel agaency gave teams the name/# of the required flight only...not actual tickets. ???

Seems relatively purposeless, unless you wanted to have some teams getting lost.

I still think them showing us that they could get a penalty from Zev and Justin is a foreshadowing. I think there must be something written in the clue that YOU MUST ONLY TAKE THIS FLIGHT or something similar to it otherwise all the teams wouldn't keep going.. "where's Kent and Vyxsin" for like a gazillion times. For the fact we know that the goths didn't gain any time gain from the flight, but if it's a rule that they go on the one and only flight they told them to, then they had to. If they didn't, they will get a penalty + any amount of time they gain.. in this case which is none.

I'm quite pretty sure that there won't be a "NEL Penalty", otherwise if there's no "Flight Penalty", then the goths could also have done something wrongly next leg to earn themself a penalty.. considering they're full of wonderful mistakes this season. :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2011, 07:09:48 PM »
Press release:

In Detour A, racers must watch a traditional Tibetan performance then must place 15 dolls in the same order in which the performers appeared on stage in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

In Detour B, racers must install a solar water heating system on the roof of a building in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network
In the Road Block, racers must choose a dig site, gather a complete set of bones, then erect a 20 foot replica of a Dilophosaurus in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:17:07 PM by The Prophet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2011, 07:43:40 PM »
Well...2 of the three are physical. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2011, 07:50:13 PM »
The second detour seemed so boring. it's like you can do that in any other country?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2011, 07:55:14 PM »
The second detour seemed so boring. it's like you can do that in any other country?

Yeah, at least the other two are specific to the area. Dilophosaurus fossils were actually discovered in Yunnan in the 80's and few countries have traditional Tibetan dancers.

Perhaps when Ja/Ca are at that construction headquarters they are trying to find where to do the water heater task.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »
How did someone not notice this! She is holding the box for the water heater, they are doing that one first!

(edit) On second thought maybe that is not Ja/Ca. They were both wearing black pants, who has on blue pants with a stripe, Luke?
The box holding figure looks sorta masculine.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:04:28 PM by The Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2011, 08:11:28 PM »
Confused again, here is a better shot:

That is J/C there but I don't know who that guy is. Another team? Some guy they got to carry their box?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2011, 08:12:04 PM »
Detour B is very relevant; Kunming has ambitions of being the Solar City of China.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2011, 08:29:51 PM »
I tend to think that that man is a Racer because he is wearing the white hat and green jacket that they have to wear for that task.

I also think the cheerleaders are done because they have removed the jackets and are holding the hats.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2011, 09:28:57 PM »
Blue pants with a racing stripe? I think it is BE...  corrected to FT.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:19:03 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

NoluckBoston

« Reply #193 on: March 15, 2011, 09:58:22 PM »
When the teams are playing Basketball, is this assumed it at the pit stop with some down time?

If so, then the J/C seem very happy , even playing the part of cheerleaders. So if they are eliminated, why so happy?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2011, 10:00:38 PM »
The game takes place at the train station in Lijiang... slowhatch, wp, and Neobie have it all laid out upstream.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2011, 04:17:10 AM »
This season TPTB love to dress the racers with costumes apparently.

This picture is from the detour option with the tibetan ritual.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2011, 04:50:15 AM »
Blue pants with a racing stripe? I think it is BE...

I don't think so. I think it's a construction worker carrying a long pole/item or whatsoever.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2011, 06:23:02 AM »
Blue pants with a racing stripe? I think it is BE...

It might be Flight Time. Big Easy seems to be wearing short pants all day. First in the baskeball game and here approaching the Pit Stop.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #198 on: March 16, 2011, 06:54:16 AM »
But i don't think we should speculate..

Speculate is what we do here!!!

The only thing it's safe to say is Jaime and Cara can W-TURN another team if Kent and Vyxsin indeed used the W-TURN on them. However, they will have to figure out who's BEHIND them. So it's all fair and square. Yes/No?

I think you have to have completed the Detour before you can U Turn another team. As soon as K/V put up J/C's pic, they have yet to complete the detour. Only when they have finished the other detour option have they completed the detour. Only then can they choose to detour another team.

And of course, there can be this possibility that there are no more teams behind Jaime and Cara. Which this then defeats the purpose of the W-TURN since 2 teams are supposed to be W-TURN.

Where does it say that two teams are supposed to be U Turned. I believe is says that two teams can be U Turned, if another team chooses to U Turn another team. It appears that no other team choose to use the U Turn option this time.

It appears that Jamie/Cara did finish one side of the detour before FT/BE. It could be that some other team arrived at the W Turn sign and U Turned another team and that team beat Jamie and Cara to the Pit Stop. But I am inclined to think that no other team choose to exercise their U Turn, due to the wide gap between all the other teams and Jamie/Cara at the Pit Stop.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:00:09 AM by DrRox »

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #199 on: March 16, 2011, 08:18:48 AM »
I believe that Kent is holding the clue which they received after the detour they had completed. And he stepped on W-turn mat right before Cheerleaders, so Jaime & Cara had been U-turned by Goths and finally finished last.