Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 5 "Don't Ruin the Basketball Game" (Kunming, China)  (Read 126075 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Ep 5 "Don't Ruin the Basketball Game" (Kunming, China)
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 10:43:13 AM »
It's not official but I think I read something from Peach that Jaime and Cara were U-Turned the traditional way [insert angel smiley here].
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »
If those teams are smart enough, one of them should try to 'flush' the Express Pass that Gallory have by using U-turn on them...fortunately I don't think they are, so go team Gallory!!!

Yeah, but doing so would also guarantee that Gallory survives the U-Turn. And you don't want to U-Turn a team that will survive, because then you've just made an enemy.

My spec is that Margie & Luke will U-Turn Zev/Justin. in Season 14 they U-Turned a strong team that could outrun them, who happened to be in the back of the pack during the leg and was likely to get eliminated by the U-Turn. Zev/Justin fits this perfectly. And a second team (Kent and Vyxsin?) comes and U-Turns Jaime/Cara in an effort to save themselves. Just spec, of course.

I'll see if I can get someone to translate the words on the taxi lights by the way...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »
U-Turning Gallory would flush the Express Pass but it would waste a U-Turn and create an enemy. Besides Mal helped Luke, I don't think Margie would U-turn her after that.

Margie and Luke will most likely U-Turn either Zev and Justin or Ron and Christina because neither of these teams would team up with her in previous legs. This seems to be important to her and they may be worried that R/C have to much of a knowledge advantage in China.
Kynt and Vxysin may or may not U-Turn Jaime and Cara to save themselves.

However, all of this is speculation.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:57:36 AM by The Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 12:10:35 PM »
U-Turning Gallory would flush the Express Pass but it would waste a U-Turn and create an enemy. Besides Mal helped Luke, I don't think Margie would U-turn her after that.

Margie and Luke will most likely U-Turn either Zev and Justin or Ron and Christina because neither of these teams would team up with her in previous legs. This seems to be important to her and they may be worried that R/C have to much of a knowledge advantage in China.
Kynt and Vxysin may or may not U-Turn Jaime and Cara to save themselves.

However, all of this is speculation.

Ron and Christina did give them the answer to the flag puzzle in Sydney. But I agree with you, I think these two teams are the most likely ones to get U-Turned. Also in an interview Luke said that Ron and Christina were the only team that he was worried about...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »
Ron and Christina did give them the answer to the flag puzzle in Sydney. But I agree with you, I think these two teams are the most likely ones to get U-Turned. Also in an interview Luke said that Ron and Christina were the only team that he was worried about...

I thought Mel and Mike told R\C and M\L and Margie told a whole bunch of other teams.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2011, 01:03:41 PM »
I searched and searched and Zack, i don't think it's the hospital which you talked about in Kunming, it actually looks like this.. the hospital you talked about.

None of the photos, pages and pages of images i saw is similar to the building behind the W-TURN... i'm so confused right now.

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2011, 01:07:08 PM »
I Think Marge and Luke u-turn Fligh Time and Big Easy  (or ROn and Christina)
Zev and Justin  u-turn Jamie and Cara....

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2011, 01:16:38 PM »
Managed to decipher the cap! (With a lot of guessing involved...)

西山区棕树营城中村改善 (Renovation of Inner City, Zhongshuying, Xishan District)
二号片区指挥部 (Command centre for Plot #2)

I'm not sure if the command centre is within the plot itself, but here are the boundaries of the plot, about 500m across and 500m wide.

Neobie, or is it 工程建设指挥部!!?!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2011, 01:36:49 PM »
According to woden's amazing timeline -

EP05: Lijiang, China to Kunming, China

Film Date: NOV 29
Air Date: MAR 20

Leg Route/Tasks:
ROUTE INFO: Travel by train to Kunming, China; teams arrive 5:18 AM 11/29 (Source 1), (Source 2); Gary/Mallory and Jaime/Cara spotted (Source)

ROUTE INFO: Find Dounan Flower Market
EVIDENCE: Local information (Source)

ROUTE INFO: Find Golden Horse and Jade Rooster Archway, receive DETOUR options
EVIDENCE: Local information (Source 1), (Source 2)

U-TURN?: Possible U-Turn this leg? (Source)

PIT STOP: Green Lake Park
EVIDENCE: Local information (Source)
TIMING: Jet/Cord, Gary/Mallory, Margie/Luke, LaKisha/Jen (1:31pm), Kent/Vyxsin (not first, receive penalty) (1:53pm) (Photo), Herb/Nate (2:00pm), Ron/Christina (2:16pm), Zev/Justin (2:16pm), Jaime/Cara (3:51pm) (Photos 1), (Photo 2); (Source)

Safe from Elimination at End of Leg: Jet/Cord, Gary/Mallory, Margie/Luke, LaKisha/Jen, Kent/Vyxsin, Herb/Nate, Ron/Christina, Zev/Justin
Possibly Eliminated: Jaime/Cara

Dounan Flower Market = 斗南花市 , 昆明

Sorry for the translation.. i'm still trying to find the darn W-Turn location.. trying to find round the places they went too. Too many hospitals in Kunming and they all don't match! :(

Golden Horse and Jade Rooster Archway = 金马碧鸡坊

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2011, 01:40:56 PM »
ROUTE INFO: Find Golden Horse and Jade Rooster Archway (金马碧鸡坊), receive DETOUR options

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2011, 01:51:23 PM »
What is the wrought iron gate behind the Uturn sign? It seems to be an unusual placement.

Joab, the hospital you found in Jining, Shan Dong is soooo close to the one in the W-Turn picture. Too bad it's nearly a day away from Kunming...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2011, 01:56:55 PM »
PIT STOP: Green Lake Park

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2011, 02:04:42 PM »
Promo!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »
My first attempt at a map, not as great and amazing as Neobie's one because he's our map God. :lol:

I marked out the Airport anyway as after the Pitstop you will realize how close Phil is to the airport if he's taking a flight out to the next destination. Of course we know teams don't reach Kunming by flight but by trains.

MAP SCALE: 1.5CM TO 2KM...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »
This picture just throws a whole wrench in the works. Will Kent and Vyxsin Uturn J/C right in front of them?!?

laimis

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2011, 02:09:21 PM »
This picture just throws a whole wrench in the works.

what???
So Kent & Vyxsin are using  w-turn first?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2011, 02:10:08 PM »
It looks like the Roadblock involves building that 3-D puzzle thing.

Peach is right...there is some sort of pick-up game of basketball.

In the picture I attached in my previous post, it looks like the Goths and the Redheads are at the W-Turn together...but the sign is still blank!!!!

Here is the video description:

The nine remaining teams continue on from the faux Pit Stop at the Eternal Tower in Lijiang, China, with two teams yet to check in - one of which has lost their passports on the next episode of The Amazing Race.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2011, 02:10:52 PM »
This picture just throws a whole wrench in the works.

what???
So Kent & Vyxsin are using  w-turn first?

I have no idea. :duno: Luke is waiting on the RB at the same time as K/V.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2011, 02:11:47 PM »
I have a question, W-TURN should always be after a Detour clue correct? It will never ever be placed before a Detour clue correct?

So Margie and Luke must have completed their Detour task darn early at dusk and reached the W-TURN "supposedly" in first place?

Because by the time trailing teams like Jaime and Cara and Kent and Vyxsin reached the W-TURN, it is completely broad daylight already!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2011, 02:13:17 PM »
I have a question, W-TURN should always be after a Detour clue correct? It will never ever be placed before a Detour clue correct?

So Margie and Luke must have completed their Detour task darn early at dusk and reached the W-TURN "supposedly" in first place?

Because by the time trailing teams like Jaime and Cara and Kent and Vyxsin reached the W-TURN, it is completely broad daylight already!

Yes, I would assume that any type of U-Turn would take place after the Detour. Why is the sign blank when the Goths and the Redheads get to it?!? Has this picture been fixed?

I also got the impression that the bball game was b/c of a HOO. How did M/L get around that? Luke is waiting on the RB at the same time as K/V. They can't be that far ahead.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2011, 02:17:28 PM »
Are they doing the roadblock at the famous Stone Forest?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2011, 02:18:01 PM »
Ron and Chris supposedly check in 7th next leg, at first i thought Margie and Luke could have W-TURN them. But right now, we have Kent and Vyxsin at the W-TURN with a completely empty W-TURN sign. That means... Margie and Luke don't use their W-TURN? Might be good strategy too, since there may be another U-TURN that they're saving up for. Margie and Luke might have known that they have a considerable amount of lead over other teams who may be... on another train few hours back behind them since they are in the lead and should know whether any team has overtake them or not.

Okay, i just want to ask another question.. sorry if this has been asked.. but i don't think all the teams take the same train into Kunming right? I have been running through the thread this leg and see no mention of different trains timing. I don't think we know... right?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2011, 02:19:52 PM »
According to this picture, Margie and Luke DID NOT U-Turn anyone! Unless this picture has been airbrushed, of course. It looks as thought Kynt and Vxysin U-Turn Jaime and Cara as they are standing right there with them!

As far as I know, no one knows how many trains go back to Kunming.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2011, 02:20:13 PM »
It does look like the K/V U-Turn J/C right in front of them. I can actually see why they would do it with the luck they've been having and fear that they might be given a penalty for not taking the mandatory flight. Also, the last time they used a U-Turn it was on a team that had already passed them on a leg after they were spared elimination.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2011, 02:24:30 PM »
I know Kent and Vyxsin are definitely in front of Jaime and Cara and has high possibilities of W-TURN them. But i don't think we should speculate.. it's just like few hours back we saw Luke and Margie "first" at the W-TURN and also thought they could be using it on one other team.. turns out that if the screencap above is right, Margie and Luke didn't W-TURN anyone.

The only thing it's safe to say is Jaime and Cara can W-TURN another team if Kent and Vyxsin indeed used the W-TURN on them. However, they will have to figure out who's BEHIND them. So it's all fair and square. Yes/No? And of course, there can be this possibility that there are no more teams behind Jaime and Cara. Which this then defeats the purpose of the W-TURN since 2 teams are supposed to be W-TURN.